• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Resident Evil game do you want remade next?

Which Resident Evil game should be next for the remake treatment

• Resident Evil 0

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica

Votes: 168 53.7%
  • Resident Evil 5

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Resident Evil 6

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Resident Evil Gaiden

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Resident Evil Remake

Votes: 63 20.1%
  • Other

Votes: 25 8.0%

• Total voters

simpatico

Gold Member
6. It's the most underrated RE game. With a little clean up and could really reach it's full potential. Nothing else on the list really comes close.

I want CV, because I want to see how a certain demographic handles the villain of the first half of the game

troll GIF

The trouble is, all remakes receive cuts and it seems Capcom is retconning aspects of the franchise that fans want to be unchanged going forward.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Obviously...
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Needs remake made from scratch the most.

I also could not care less about Chris as a character, so I hope they'll rework 5 and 6 without him and make completely new games - new story, new everything else. Remake of the first Revelations on par with RE2 would absolutely crash it, I hope they're considering it cuz original was perfect if not for one thing - too much action and Chris was in the game.

Last edited:

PillsOff

Banned
I want Re4R sequel ftom the same team with bit more strategy n bit less dialled to 11 at all times. Less enemies but smarter A.I.

Would be perfect.

To be honest, I hate Chris after RE6, quite frankly. He doesn't even feel like the same guy these days, with all the times he gets recast by Capcom, so is played by men who look nothing like him.

I still say he was only in RE7 so there could be ties to the games from yesteryear. Otherwise, RE7 barely feels like a RE game from before. Except maybe Survivor.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Personally Dino Crisis.

Though I think they are setting the REmake series as a different continuity. I hope RE5 delivers on that front. Was never fond of how it ended. I think RE6 if remade would have to be completely different as it's more action based and lacks the isolation that Resident Evil is known for.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'd like to see a remake of RE4 come straight after the remake of RE4.

I'm not sure if a game has ever been remade within a couple of years, but I'd love to see Capcom (or anyone) build a new version of a game based on the complaints of gamers when it's released.

RE4: you asked for it version.

It is likely to be terrible.

PCGamesN confirmed for stealing my ideas:

Top Bottom