• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What roster do you want for Mortal Kombat 11?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
If the story has to carry on from MKX then the next gen kombatants will be the main protagonists. Throw in the usual characters that do not seem to age like Scorpion, Raiden, Jade , Millena and you've got quite a bunch. No new characters with the exception of these guests from movies:

Robocop
T1000
T800
Demolition Man or Simon Phoenix

Also please bring 2 vs 2 combat and T&A to the game. No reason to be compliant with any agenda.

whose agenda is keeping 2v2 away from MK?

Scotia

Banned
I think this'll be my first MK game where I don't want Ermac back, which sucks 'cause he's my favourite MK character. I hated what NRS did to him in MKX and I'd rather they just leave him out of the next few MK games than ruin him even more than they already have.

Sesha

Rain
Smoke
Noob Saibot

MKX' roster as it is is almost perfect. I want new characters more than anything. Erron Black, D'vorah, Ferra/Torr, and Kotal Khan were all varying levels of pretty interesting.

RAIDEN1

I wish they would go back to the "look" of MK 1-3, much better than what it has been like lately or for a while at least..

spanks

SMOKE

all I fucking care about. Ninja Smoke, not RoboSmoke

Hear hear. Best ninja.

And for guest character, Terminator would be siccck. With flesh coming off dynamically during the match, until just endoskeleton is left by the end of Round 3.

NECA-T2-T800-Ultimate-049.jpg

latest

EulaCapra

MKX Veterans:
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Raiden
Liu Kang
Kitana
Mileena
Quan Chi
Kenshi
Tanya
D'Vorah
Kotal Kahn
Kung Jin
Takeda
Jacqui Briggs
Cassie Cage

Veterans:
Fujin
Rain
Sindel
Li Mei
Nightwolf
Sheeva
Shang Tsung
Frost
Ashrah

I'm okay with favorites like Reptile, Sonya, and Jax sitting out of the next one to make room for others. Such is the fighting game roster way of life.

fernoca

whose agenda is keeping 2v2 away from MK?
People.
Their stats show that it was barely used in MK2011, so they decided to focus on other aspects.

I still expect multiple timelines crossing or something. With each variant been from a different timeline.

With Jade crossing timelines telling Revenant Kitana about what Raiden did, and how there were survivors in that timeline plus Jade been absent from X because she was "dead", despite her ending having her been visited by an Elder God.

Who knows.

Monocle

The OP posted a solid roster. Smoke, Shang Tsung, Noob Saibot, and Sindel would be good returning characters.

norm9

Ever since MK3 I've found the cast of characters to be lame as fuck. So keep the originals from the first 2, half the roster from 3, bring back Freddy Krueger, and special guests the dudes from the arcade game Pit Fighter.

TaterTots

Banned
Wasn't a fan of the new characters outside of Kotal. More importantly for myself, I would like the gameplay to change from X to more of 9, but balanced.

Van Bur3n

Everybody forgets Ermac. Tisk tisk. Bring back Ermac again, but this time make him look like this cool art, not that disgusting shit from MKX.

ermac-concept-art2014.jpg

Shujinko.

Not really but I still can't overstate how much I loved Konquest mode, let me run around in the MK verse again dammnit

1. Cassie
2. Jacqui
3. Takeda
4. Kung Jin
5. FerraTorr or Erron
6. Kotal Kahn
7. Dvorah

8. Raiden
9. Emperor Liu Kang
10. Empress Kitana
11. freaky clone Mileena
12. Scorpion
13. Sub-Zero
14. Reptile
15. Triborg
16. Shao Kahn Ermac

17. Noob
18. Jade
19. Shang Tsung
20. Ashrah
21. Havik
22. completely new character
23. completely new character
24. completely new character

Thores

So my list is based off a couple of factors. First, the story. I think the game's story mode is going to involve
Raiden deciding that the Netherrealm and/or Outworld are irredeemable and moving to invade/destroy them, leading Earthrealm's cast into kind of a Civil War style scenario where they either side with Raiden or against him. My guess is that Raiden targets Netherrealm specifically, and Outworld moves to profit from the chaos while everyone's fighting each other
. And I think most of the base cast will be characters that make sense participating in that kind of story. Second, somewhere between a third and half of the game's cast will be characters that weren't playable in the franchise's previous game, if MK9 -> MKX and Injustice -> I2 are anything to go by.

MKX Veterans
Raiden
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Reptile
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Kitana
Mileena
Ermac
Cassie Cage
Jacqui Briggs
Kung Jin
Takeda
Kotal Khan
D'Vorah
Erron Black
Goro
Bo Rai Cho

Other Veterans
Fujin
Jade
Sindel
Rain
Blaze
Sareena

That would put 6 new characters in the roster. It's hard to tell who they'll be since NRS came up with some pretty creative and wacky stuff for MKX, but I think one of them will be Kano's son, and he'll have a variaton that gives him several of Kano's signature moves.

It felt weird excluding Johnny, Sonya, and Jax, but this would be a good title for them to sit out. I could also see them retiring in the story but being playable as DLC.

Speaking of DLC, Ash Williams and Rorshach should be guest characters, since guest characters will be unavoidable. Noob Saibot is probably DLC, or the pre-order character.

Raitaro

A complete SFIII style reboot and time period shift (back or forward) for me please. Only Sub-Zero and Scorpion and perhaps a few other veterans (now older / younger) or pupils / masters of said veterans returning would be perfect.

Just change things up after two very similar games in terms of roster and overall look.

Oh, and no more guest characters please. They take me out of the otherwise interesting game world completely.

(A complete overhaul of the in-fight animations would be fantastic too.)

Top Bottom