• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What roster do you want for Mortal Kombat 11?

Uzumaki Goku

MK11 is no doubt in production even as we speak, but what about the roster, assuming it follows Netherrealm Studios traditions, we should get about 30 characters but who makes the cut?

Classic Characters who were in MKX who I think will definitely make it back in:
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Raiden
Liu Kang
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Kano
Kitana
Kung Lao
Reptile
Kenshi

Returning from MKX
Cassie Cage
Jacqui Briggs
Kung Jin
Takeda

Characters who were in MK9 but weren't in MKX who I'd like to see return for MK11
Noob Saibot
Nightwolf
Stryker
Kabal
Smoke
Shang Tsung

With about 5-10 slots for all new characters is my guess

Build off of MKX. Give us a roster of characters that represent three factions: Earthrealm, Outworld and the Netherrealm.

You've got the
totalitarian
Raiden, along with most of the MKX heroes representing Earthrealm. You've got Kotal Kahn and his stable of fighters representing Outworld, and then you have
Liu Kang and Kitana
ruling the Netherrealm, alongside Quan Chi's revenant fighters and the possibility of a new leader for the Brotherhood of Shadow(I say Noob Saibot...only this time it's Frost!) representing the Netherrealm.

Spinky

In all seriousness, all I want is Jade, a few of the better 3D characters back (probably somewhat revamped), and for Jacqui and a few of the other Earthrealm Teen Titans to not be incredibly lame, since I assume they'll be sticking around.

EDIT: WAIT GODDAMMIT I WANT RAIN

EDIT 2: AND NOOB SAIBOT HE'S SUPER COOL MAN

Uzumaki Goku

In all seriousness, all I want is Jade, a few of the better 3D characters back, and for Jacqui and a few of the other Earthrealm Teen Titans to not be incredibly lame, since I assume they'll be sticking around.

Oh yeah. I forgot about Jade. I think she'll be back in MK11 too.

If Fujin doesn't make it in this time then Moses help me.
Build off of MKX. Give us a roster of characters that represent three factions: Earthrealm, Outworld and the Netherrealm.

You've got the
totalitarian
Raiden, along with most of the MKX heroes representing Earthrealm. You've got Kotal Kahn and his stable of fighters representing Outworld, and then you have
Liu Kang and Kitana
ruling the Netherrealm, alongside Quan Chi's revenant fighters and the possibility of a new leader for the Brotherhood of Shadow(I say Noob Saibot...only this time it's Frost!) representing the Netherrealm.
This would be really awesome.

Griss

"Cassie died on her way back to her home planet"

Boom. Done.

But yeah, I'd try to have a roster evenly split between Earthrealm, Outworld and the Netherrealm. My big problem is that Mileena is my favourite, and I'm not sure what the story of MKX is going to mean for the roster of MK 11. Will she really be out? Would suck if true.

As for the Kombat Kidz, keep Jacqui if you're ditching Jax (and he should be retired by now). Keep Cassie if you're ditching Sonya (please god ditch Sonya). Keep Kung Jin anyway and I'm afraid I'm no fan of Takeda so he could be dumped either way.

As for classic characters, I would love to see Smoke, Jade and Cyrax return.

I'm guessing Goro will be back but with Daegon's side this time since the comics pushed him as searching for Onaga to get his arms back.

Jax is probably gone since there was like 4 endings where he died.

Frost joining the Kombat Kids as the Lin Kuei representative would be cool.

Spinky

IDGAF if it's cheesy or whatever, I still want Jacqui to have robo-legs. Or something, there's nothing distinctive about her right now. Kung Jin didn't interest me much gameplay-wise either, and Takeda was just weird.

Kotal Kahn should be in like, every future MK though.

OOvKF3b.gif

I'm in the minority since aside from Kenshi the 3D era characters were hated, but I actually liked Nitara and would like to see her back.

Other than that I would just like them to calm down with ninja inspired designs. We have enough.

Griss

Also, can we agree that we never need to see human Scorpion ever again? The 'wise master' trope works great for Sub Zero, but it didn't for Hanzo. Just made him lame, and when he had his inevitable lust for revenge it made him seem stupid. All human Scorpion achieved was making Sub Zero clearly the superior character for once.

Arkeband

Banned
D'Vorah was the only new MKX character that wasn't embarassingly stupid. All the Kombat Kids can die in a fire.

I know I am definitely in the minority here, but I'd like to see Nitara and/or Frost return. Also, I'd love to get another Puzzle Kombat minigame.

Uzumaki Goku

Also, can we agree that we never need to see human Scorpion ever again? The 'wise master' trope works great for Sub Zero, but it didn't for Hanzo. Just made him lame, and when he had his inevitable lust for revenge it made him seem stupid. All human Scorpion achieved was making Sub Zero clearly the superior character for once.

Turning him back into a specter would just be backwards character development.

Griss

Turning him back into a specter would just be backwards character development.

Sometimes you need to go backwards to go forwards. He was still ultimately just out for revenge in MKX, it's just that he was no longer an awesome hellspectre while doing it. I wasn't fond of him, nor his relationship with Takeda.

D'Vorah was the only new MKX character that wasn't embarassingly stupid. All the Kombat Kids can die in a fire.

MKX had the best set of new characters since MK II.

Uzumaki Goku

Sometimes you need to go backwards to go forwards. He was still ultimately just out for revenge in MKX, it's just that he was no longer an awesome hellspectre while doing it. I wasn't fond of him, nor his relationship with Takeda.

MKX had the best set of new characters since MK II.

Yeah, with Scorpion, they really need to move him past the revenge thing.

Scotia

Banned
I'll make a rough roster wish list of about 30:

Scorpion
Sub Zero
Raiden
Liu Kang
Kitana
Kung Lao
Kenshi
Cassie Cage
Takeda
Jacqui
Kung Jin
Kotal Khan
D'Vorah
Smoke
Noob Saibot
Shang Tsung
Rain
Kai
Frost
Li Mei
Jade
Kabal
Fujin
Havok
Hotaru
New Character
New Character
New Character
New Character
Shao Khan (Pre-Order Bonus)

I'd be happy with at least half of us, but I really want Smoke, Noob, Rain, Kai and Frost the most.

Um... never heard anything about that.

From the MKWiki
Sareena mentions Bi-Han in an attempt to help Kitana escape from Quan Chi's influence, Kitana refutes this and claims that Bi-Han had corrupted Sareena with emotion, allowing her to escape Quan Chi to which Sareena responds that emotion freed her.

So yeah Bi-Han seems to be good again, but he never actually shows up in the game. This takes place during one of the flashback cutscenes, I believe the one where they save some of the revenants from Quan-Chi

Edit: Nevermind super wrong on all fronts

Harpoon

From the MKWiki

So yeah Bi-Han seems to be good again, but he never actually shows up in the game. This takes place during one of the flashback cutscenes, I believe the one where they save some of the revenants from Quan-Chi

That's referring to the events of the Mythologies game, which is still (somewhat) canon and pre-MK1. That scene was also in the present day.

Uzumaki Goku

From the MKWiki

Yeah, that was just a referencer to MK Mythologies, what became of Noob Saibot is unknown. Honestly, turning him back into Bi-Han would be kind of redundant considering Kuai Liang is Sub-Zero.

Spinky

I guess what I want is:

- Jade
- Rain
- Noob Saibot
- Changes to most of the Kombat Kidz to actually make them cool
- Kotal Kahn
- A few 3D characters i.e. Havik, Sareena, maybe a revamped Kai or something. Would've taken any of these over Bo' Rai Cho so fast.
- In an alternate universe, the unsung hero Drahmin

And please, no more variations.

EDIT: While I don't care for the character that much, Fujin should really be in too, because they've put him/almost put him in two games now and there are actually people who want him in.

Scotia

Banned
I guess what I want is:

- Jade
- Rain
- Noob Saibot
- Changes to most of the Kombat Kidz to actually make them cool
- Kotal Kahn
- A few 3D characters i.e. Havik, Sareena, maybe a revamped Kai or something. Would've taken any of these over Bo' Rai Cho so fast.
- In an alternate universe, the unsung hero Drahmin

And please, no more variations.

The fact they had Kai in MKX's story mode but replaced him with Bo' Rai Cho who later became playable fucking infuriates me. #BringBackKai

Bardiche

I'm disregarding the MKX storyline and comics since
some of these characters are dead or I'll just assume that they will return although Quan Chi is gone..

MK11 should have:

Reiko
Kai
Fujin
Sareena
Mavado
Li Mei
Nightwolf
Sindel
Kenshi
Tanya
Ashrah
Havik
Nitara
Chameleon
Khameleon
Reptile

Basically, characters who were absent in MK9 and MKX, besides a couple of characters, should appear in MK11.

Top Bottom