• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What roster do you want for Mortal Kombat 11?

Since there are always weird DLC guest characters -

Kurt Russell. Not a specific character of his, just 1980s Kurt Russell with a person made from mixing various roles he's played.

In fact, make whole DLC packs based on actors who starred in action or kung fu movies that fit the tone of classic Mortal Kombat.

Uzumaki Goku

I'm disregarding the MKX storyline and comics since
some of these characters are dead or I'll just assume that they will return although Quan Chi is gone..

MK11 should have:

Reiko
Kai
Fujin
Sareena
Mavado
Li Mei
Nightwolf
Sindel
Kenshi
Tanya
Ashrah
Havik
Nitara
Chameleon
Khameleon
Reptile

Basically, characters who were absent in MK9 and MKX, besides a couple of characters, should appear in MK11.

Reiko's an interesting case... I mean... he didn't have much of a character, so his ending in MK4 where Shao Kahn's helmet slides over his face... they basically took that and ran like hell with it. They made him wear his armor in Armageddon, his ending had the helmet fused to his face, it was... surreal.

That's referring to the events of the Mythologies game, which is still (somewhat) canon and pre-MK1. That scene was also in the present day.

Yeah, that was just a referencer to MK Mythologies, what became of Noob Saibot is unknown. Honestly, turning him back into Bi-Han would be kind of redundant considering Kuai Liang is Sub-Zero.

Dang thats what I get for not knowing stuff about MK Mythologies

Uzumaki Goku

Found it:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bcharred/status/588084490767114241

He was going to have Bo' Rai Cho's role in story mode but they swapped him out for Bo for some bizarre reason.

And yet they made him DLC.... out of... all the other options.

God, I'm just reminded of how weak MKX's DLC was, 4 of the 8 characters were guest characters, we got Tanya bizarrely, and Tremor (who apparently was put in because Tremor fans are loud and obnoxious, I seriously don't get why people like this guy), Triborg who's basically a Chameleonesque character for the cyborg characters and Bo' Rai Cho.

Spinky

Bo' Rai Cho is honestly just the lamest.

And I don't understand why the hell he was DLC when they could've made more out of various other characters like Jade, Shang Tsung, Noob or Rain.

Khezu

Stryker, Kabal, Kano.

Rest don't matter.

Should probably dump Cassie and Jaqui as they suck.

Jin and Takeda can stay though.

Oh and Tremor should come back because his movest was sick.
Even though he was designed around variations and he would suffer pretty badly with out them.

Uzumaki Goku

Bo' Rai Cho is honestly just the lamest.

And I don't understand why the hell he was DLC when they could've made more out of various other characters like Jade, Shang Tsung, Noob or Rain.

Rain was DLC in MK9, Netherrealm's motto is if they were DLC in one game, they won't be DLC in the next game.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Mocap
Motaro
Meat
All the movie cameos from X and 9 plus Michael Myers
Guile
Swamp Thing
Kratos
Master Chief, wait no.... Cortana
Vegeta
The snowman from Clayfighter
Drahmin
Spider Gwen
Waluigi
Silver the Hedgehog
Bass/Forte
Super Meat Boy
The woman from Her Story
Boba Fett
Sol Badguy, no wait, Vash the Stampede
A Rabbid squad
Troy Baker

I'd like Frost to return, give Sub his first absence. I mean he's in Injustice 2, so I can't see other fellow fanboys being THAT upset lol

Ont

Both MKX and Killer Instinct became less interesting to me after the influx of guest characters.

All I hope is that there are no guest characters. MK2 and MK3 did not need any guest characters.

Uzumaki Goku

Both MKX and Killer Instinct became less interesting to me after the influx of guest characters.

All I hope is that there are no guest characters. MK2 and MK3 did not need any guest characters.

Well... unfortunately... guest characters tend to... sell more to the mass audience than the established within fiction characters do.

Spinky

I can't believe we went from these to the Jacqui we have.

jacqui-briggs-mkx-early-concept-art.jpg

hpGE5_v9RZCWmLJd2G-OdQ.png

Maybe they wanted to tone her down to fit with a more "gritty/realistic" style or something, but man, they just made her almost objectively worse.

Sub Zero (aka best character)
Scorpion (aka best character's rival)
Noob Saibot
Smoke
Noob Smoke
Cyborg Smoke
Cyborg Noob Smoke
Purple Ninja
Red Ninja
Green Ninja (not lizard weirdo)
Colour Cycle Ninja

Bardiche

lastplayed said:
Sindel and Sheeva really need a comeback.

I agree with Sindel. I'm surprised that she didn't get released for MKX considered how they've created her model and you end up fighting against her, but I guess it's too much work to create some variations.

Reiko's an interesting case... I mean... he didn't have much of a character, so his ending in MK4 where Shao Kahn's helmet slides over his face... they basically took that and ran like hell with it. They made him wear his armor in Armageddon, his ending had the helmet fused to his face, it was... surreal.

This would be the perfect opportunity to build his character up. With MK emphasizing the stories of each character, I'm sure MK11 will give us an opportunity to see more of him rather than a commander of Shao Kahn's army and wanting his power.

Marvel

could never
Rain, Kenshi, Noob, Ermac and Mileena are my focus. Everyone else is just icing.

Pretty much the only MK characters I do not like are Raiden and Kintaro.

Marvel

could never
Not super into guest characters since it takes away a slot from an old fave that will no doubt make me salty af. But I wanted a Terminator robot in X and it never happened I've mentioned this before lol.

I'd take that.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I honestly kinda want a new fighting game IP from Netherrealms but MK I want a cool non MK combatant in the world.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
NightWolf
Mileena
SubZero/ Frost
Reiko
Havik
Shang Tsung
Ashra

Ed already said Scorpion and Sub will be in every game but that's my main list. Keep and improve on the MKX fighting system. Bring back the meter less launchers that were taken away in the last patch.

Rookhelm

I'd be okay with Quan Chi and Shinnok not coming back...never got into them.

I appreciate the effort in making each of the ninja characters (male and female both) different from one another, but there's something satisfying about them being pallet swaps with different moves.

I'd like to see all the ninja characters return. Anyone else is fine with me...except nightwolf, never cared for him.

I agree with Sindel. I'm surprised that she didn't get released for MKX considered how they've created her model and you end up fighting against her, but I guess it's too much work to create some variations.

This would be the perfect opportunity to build his character up. With MK emphasizing the stories of each character, I'm sure MK11 will give us an opportunity to see more of him rather than a commander of Shao Kahn's army and wanting his power.
Reiko was the main villain of the comic.

Kenshi
Rain
Erron Black
Takeda
Ermac
Human Smoke

AS long as those are accounted for, I'm good.

I like Quan too, but he's probably out.

Probity

How about they do what they did with Injustice and put in one or two characters from DC that nobody asked for and take up roster spots.

To be real, I'd like Rain and/or Smoke. I don't really know what to ask for because it feels like MK generally has some pretty consistent regulars overall.

If the story has to carry on from MKX then the next gen kombatants will be the main protagonists. Throw in the usual characters that do not seem to age like Scorpion, Raiden, Jade , Millena and you've got quite a bunch. No new characters with the exception of these guests from movies:

Robocop
T1000
T800
Demolition Man or Simon Phoenix

Also please bring 2 vs 2 combat and T&A to the game. No reason to be compliant with any agenda.

Fujin
Reiko
Kabal
Skarlett
Shinnok

I also want Kotal Kahn to return. My favorite new character from MKX for sure. I liked the relationship between Outworld and Earthrealm with him in power.

Top Bottom