• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Should Nintendo Call its Switch Successor?

What Should the Unknown Switch Succesor be classed.

• Switch Pro

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Switch +

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Switch 2

Votes: 91 41.2%
  • Switch Power

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Switch AR or AR Switch or Reality Switch or Switch Reality

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Switch Up

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Switch Deluxe

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Super Switch

Votes: 73 33.0%
  • Nintendo Next (a whole new name)

Votes: 39 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

demigod

Nintendo Snatch

snatch-movie.jpg
Hey bro, can i play with your snatch?

Super Nintendo Switch. And you have to say the whole thing every time. And there should be a SNES color themed edition! Ok I'm done dreaming now

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Super Switch Entertainment System. SSES. :)

Xdrive05

I really think this would be an awesome time to bring back the "Super" prefix. It works, it's clear, and no confusing "Wii-U" bullshit.

lachesis

Well, Nintendo doesn't like to use the numbering system much, except that number has any meanings with some sort of buzz worthy trend (3DS - with 3D display, N64 with 64bit) ... so I'm ruling out Switch 2.
Switch Pro - sounds like it's only for Pro gamers and alienating the casuals - and more of a mid-gen refresh...

Super Nintendo and Super Famicom worked well - so I think they probably go with Super Switch. Then again, it's so 90's sounding... but given choice, I think Super Switch would be the one.
But who knows. Maybe it'll be called Zii or Zwitch to aim Gen Z.

Switch 2. Keep it simple. Nintendo likes to overthink things like this. The switch has a massive casual fanbase and calling it something clever or cute doesn't get the message across the same way as just putting a 2 at the end does.

Indyblue

Assuming it’s like the switch, then Switch 2 or Super Switch. Anything else is stupid. Xbox should have called the series X/s just Xbox 5/5s (the one X could be considered Xbox 4). Keep this shit simple.

Banned
WAIT...
WAIT...
wait...
w a i t . . .

what if... what if they call it the Nintendo iQue

🤔🤔🤔

that's a decent name that's being wasted on the Chinese market.

1200px-IQue_logo.svg.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom