• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What storage expansions work with the Xbox Series S?

Karmic Raze

I know there are the SSD Expansion Cards, but they’re in the $200+ range. I also know of the standard HDDs you can get and just move games from the HDD to the console and they are significantly cheaper, but are there any other options available? I saw a Seagate External SSD on Amazon, but didn’t know if it would work with the XSS or not. What storage expansion method would you recommend for an XSS owner?

Karmic Raze

I just saw that there’s a 512GB option available for the Seagate Expansion Card. I might just pick that up. I couldn’t really afford the 1TB one right now. 512GB should suffice for $139.

EDIT: Is Walmart the only place that has it? I don’t see it on Amazon or Best Buy.

Last edited:

Rambone

I just saw that there’s a 512GB option available for the Seagate Expansion Card. I might just pick that up. I couldn’t really afford the 1TB one right now. 512GB should suffice for $139.

EDIT: Is Walmart the only place that has it? I don’t see it on Amazon or Best Buy.
Microsoft store has them for sale along with Target.

Why not just get a usb 3 hard drive for storing games and just move them to internal drive to play them. Internal can hold 7-10 normal sized games so you won't be short on options.

SSD upgrade takes away value proposition from series S.

jaydogg691

If you can save up an extra $60, the 1TB expansion card usually goes on sale for under $200.

The 512GB card seems nice for a quick upgrade, but at that price I would hold for bit. A nice solution to clean up the fridge and useful for playing older titles, I would recommend a SATA SSD. You get about the same amount of storage for about a third of the price and older games load up just as quick. There would be a lot of transferring of native Series titles from the SATA drive to internal storage, but the process is quicker than using a regular HDD.

Top Bottom