• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was the first gift you bought for a girl?

Stouffers

Banned
The year: 1991. The girl: Megan. The gift: a cheaply framed headshot of Luke Perry. I was 11 and wanted a way to show my romantic interest. I found the framed photo at some shitty outdoor market in Fremont, CA. I thought, “what better way to express my feelings than a picture of another dude?”

I anonymously snuck it under her papers on her desk. She found it, put it in her bookbag and never inquired who gave it to her. She’d be 40 or so now. She’s probably one of your mothers. If you have a mother named Megan around that age, do me a favor: Ask her if she at least appreciated the gesture. I mean, it’s a shit gift, but I was 11 and just doing my best.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Showing my appreciation to the OP for how much he made me laugh.

44246R1.jpg

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
A couple of cheap, tiny fragrance bottles that I stole from my cousin, and the smallest box of chocolates I could find that still looked "fancy". We were about 8. We hardly said a word to each other and spoke almost exclusively through notes. We decided after 2 weeks that it was better if we stayed friends (we weren't really friends to begin with, I just fancied her).

appaws

Banned
I mean, skittles and stuff at the grade school level.

For my first "real" date in high school, my Dad gave me the secret to getting babes. I brought two bouquets of flowers, one for my date and one for her mom. It totally worked, the mom and dad loved me from that point forward.

I bought her a box of choccolate. The nice one.
After awhile I bought her a watch. Then later a leather jacket. Finally a violin cuz she said she always wanted to play it.
And in the end, fu**ing b***h cheated on me. I could've bought a top end gpu instead of all the shit I bought her.
Now she's married to that guy she cheated me with. It was a long time ago but I hope they both die.

Last edited:

GymWolf

For what i remember, it was A peluche puppet from a place called sweet sweet candy (it was the mascotte of the store)

GreenAlien

I didn't pay for it, but anyway..
The girl I liked invited me for her birthday so I needed a present , I asked the woman i trusted most, my mother, for ideas and she gave me one of her old necklaces with a red ruby looking cross pendant.. The girl wasn't impressed visibly and somehow figured out it was my mother's previously, which made it worse. That was the first and last time I asked my mother for gift or dating advice. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
Top Bottom