• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will sell more, Dead Island 2 or Redfall?

which game will sell more copies?

• Redfall

Votes: 25 22.1%
  • Dead Island 2

Votes: 88 77.9%

• Total voters

SJRB

Gold Member
Hmm let's see.

One is a console exclusive and launches on gamepass. The other releases on current and previous gen of all consoles and is not on gamepass.

I wonder which will sell more copies.

GymWolf

Dead island 2 and it's not even a contest.

Redfall is also on gamepass so it gonna sell like 500 copies:lollipop_squinting:

I'm gonna buy both.

Why people are buying Hi-Fi RUSH (3rd place in global top sellers on Steam yesterday)? It's on GamePass.
That's great, but it's still being outclassed by gamepass, many on this forums played the game that way.

Dead island can only be played by purchasing it, while many will pre download and play RedFall at launch due to gamepass

Last edited:

Freeza93

Banned
Redfall. Dead island is primed to be a financial disappointment. Haven’t heard any talk about it.
You forget dead island is on all plattforms and has a huge silent fanbase i mean 8 years ….i grew mi first white hair waiting on it. NOT ON THE HEAD.

So the buying base is also greater because available on Playstation too. Ps 4 and 5.

That's great, but it's still being outclassed by gamepass, many on this forums played the game that way.

Dead island can only be played by purchasing it, while many will pre download and play RedFall at launch due to gamepass

I wouldn’t be surprised if microsoft do early access premium edition for it though

Drizzlehell

Banned
Dead Island sold well over 5 million copies
I wonder how many people still remember that the biggest reason why the original Dead Island was such a success is because of that misleading trailer, and once everyone finally got around to playing the actual game then it got a lukewarm reception at best.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
This is a tough call.
Dead Island 2 was had such a troubled development, that at this point it makes me wonder if we'll get a decent game out of it.
Redfall is probably the game I have the least interest from Arkane. And from what I see, most people have little interest for it.

But at least Dead Island 2 had a good marketing campaign with some cool trailers. I think there is more player interest about it.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Redfall is a game on Game Pass and Dead Island 2 isn't?

Therefore, Dead Island 2 will 'sell' more.

Last edited:

Paasei

I think either one won’t do very well in terms of sales alone. But the question was which one would sell more and I think that’s Dead Island 2.

Red fall is a little more interesting to me, because Arkane and their insane freedom of gameplay possibilities. But the premise doesn’t look very interesting to me.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Dead island, its multi platform.
Also, red fall is day one on game pass that also decreases the sales alot.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It’s an insult to think Bargain Dying Light that was in development hell, stands a chance against anything from Arkane.

It'll be more zombie mediocrity. If anything hurts Arkane it will be Game Pass. Redfall will easily have more people playing it, and longer legs overall.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I mean DI2 doesn't look. . .terrible. The gameplay trailer was a bit meh in the narrative department (another game trying to be "cool" but that one gets a pass for whatever reason), but the graphics and actual gameplay look fantastic. More interested right now in RF because we know what we'll actually be doing beyond what is on the tin and it isn't an EGS exclusive.

Dead island 2....by a mile, as long as it does thr game in borderlands/dead island 1 style of looter crafter with single player game that scales to coop for a small team if you want (not required). It it's multiplayer always online single player after thought then no, and that would suck.

Arkane has gone woke since they let Anita Sarkisian dictate to Harvey Smith how things have to be. They did consultation around dishonored 2 time and went woke. Prey had that but it was a good enough game otherwise it didn't matter, but you can still see those elements. Also they are a gaas game multiplayer focused floaty cartoony game that I really couldn't tell what game play was like from the trailer. It looks cringy like Santa row and isn't immergent game play focused like past works.

Dead island if it sticks to single player with optional co-op and to its loot craft roots. Let's hope that's thr case. Too many though try to follow fortnite and destiny. We will see.

. . .uh huh.

Top Bottom