• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Would You Like To See In The Next 'Darksiders'?

Are there any fans of the Darksiders franchise?

What would you like to see in the next game? What kind of gameplay would you like? Who would you like to be the protagonist this time around?

Well, I think it should be the obvious but it should be Strife how's the next protagonist. As for gameplay, if you are playing him it would be nice to see a more projectile based attacks since that's his specialty seemingly.

Maybe go for an open world sort of like how Darksiders 2 was in certain areas but make it more connected.

I'd also like to see some more fantastical locations. Maybe go to Heaven or Hell and everywhere in between, again sort of like Darksiders 2.

Personally, I would like to see a story that puts everything forward instead of in between or a prequel. Obviously Strife would be the last game as he's the last of the four horsemen to have his own game in this particular story. The game after that should really advance everything forward.

Last edited:
More rpg elements
Souls like formula is fine by me
A more interesting protagonist than chic with whip.
Better graphics
Well there's the four Horsemen and each game has had one. Strife is the only horseman who has not received his own game yet and he's a guy with guns. Strife is also black so it would check that box as a non-white protagonist. Of course none of the Horsemen are considered human even though they look like it.

I have no problem with the graphics but with the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, I think some better graphics would be good.

Kadve

More Darksiders 2 energy
Much less Darksiders 1 and 3 energy
I preffer a mixture of booth. The humour and storytelling of the first mixed with the platforming and combat of the second (not played 3 yet).

Also if the first was Zelda + God Of War, the second was Zelda + Prince of Persia and the third wss Zelda + Dark Souls. Which game should the fourth copy? Devil may cry as Strife has guns?

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

Multiple playable characters.
More focus on combat and little bit less on platforming.
Remove RPG nonsense like inventory and stats, only keep the skill/upgrade tree.

Last edited:

SScorpio

Well there's the four Horsemen and each game has had one. Strife is the only horseman who has not received his own game yet and he's a guy with guns. Strife is also black so it would check that box as a non-white protagonist. Of course none of the Horsemen are considered human even though they look like it.

I have no problem with the graphics but with the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, I think some better graphics would be good.
But he did. There was Darksiders Genesis. Sure it is very different as it's a top-down game.

But Darksiders was like a 3D Zelda, 2 was Devil May Cry, while 3 was a Souls-like.

laynelane

I'd like Strife to get his own game and for another game to be a direct continuation of the event that occurred at the end of Darksiders 1. Maybe with the ability to play all four characters at different intervals for the latter.

But he did. There was Darksiders Genesis. Sure it is very different as it's a top-down game.

But Darksiders was like a 3D Zelda, 2 was Devil May Cry, while 3 was a Souls-like.
Well Genesis was both War and Strife. I'm talking about a game dedicated to that character like the first three are with a third person view and all.

Banned
an evolution of the first game. no dumb RPG elements!

Zelda + Soul Reaver + DMC3
☝️do that plz!

Strife has guns, so that takes care of the DMC3 like gun attacks, he could get different types of ammo, which could be used like elemental reavers in Soul Reaver 2.
give him a sword on top of that and done!

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
More like the first 2 games that i really liked, Darksiders was awesome, DS2 also great, but i could not connect with DS3, not the gameplay/combat and neither the story and characters, tho the bosses were kinda cool.

I loved Darksiders 1, couldn't bring myself to finish 2 and I played 3 for about 5 minutes before shutting it off.

I preferred the series when it was more action oriented and simple than RPG oriented.

Top Bottom