• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would You like to See the most from Playstation Studios?

What- IP/Title/Type Game would you like to see from Sony?

• Total voters

arvfab

Banned
JRPG, Horror, legacy Sony and non-Sony IPs.
As long as it's single-player, high quality like most of the games they produced in the past decade.

Also sad they cut ties to studios making games like Detroit and Until Dawn. While Supermassive is continuing in the same vein, the lack of a good engine and higher budget is showing.

NahaNago

Yup.
Hell, half the reason I want a Ps5 instead of a Series X is their closer relationship with japanese studios and publishers.
Xbox is getting better but as of right now I have a higher certainty I'll be able to play the next big Square, Atlus, Platinum, Sega, etc game on Ps5 than Xbox.

If they expand their japanese presence from timed exclusive deals to proper first party studios/games they'll keep me as a customer.
Yeah, that is the same reason for me as well. Jrpgs and Japanese games had been the big draw of playstation for me. Now you have to pretty much get a switch as well because of the Japanese exclusives they get these days.

Mr Hyde

Sony should reinvest in Japan and create big AAA jrpgs and action adventure games to distinguish themselves from Microsoft and their push for Western centric games. Sony already got big Western IPs such as God of War, Horizon and Uncharted, but they need put effort into their japanese brand of gaming. Revive Legend of Dragoon, keep Persona and Final Fantasy exclusive, invest in new IPs, focus on gameplay instead of cinematic experiences.

leo-j

Revive killzone and remake and relaunch the franchise.

Also, warhawk , and bring back Jak series as a remake.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
From Naughty Dog: Sci-fi action or horror

Sucker Punch: Ghost of Tsushima 2

Insomniac Games: Resistance 3 remake or Resistance 4

Polyphony Digital: GT World an open world racer

Asobi: Astro's Play Land: A bigger traditional Astro game like a Mario world

Bend: Horror, Syphon Filter or Uncharted Golden Abyss remake

Guerrilla Games: Killzone 2 remake

Last edited:

zaanan

Banned
766105.jpg

And more split screen campaigns and vs, especially scifi/horror FPSes.

Roxkis_ii

I want all the games. Whatever they put out, as long as it's fun, I have no complaints.

Side note: I see people on neogaf complain about remakes, but then you see a poll like this one where the most voted item are old IP. Just thought that was interesting.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I want more cinematic, story driven third person games. More games with the quality of TLOU 2. They're the only studios that can do these games properly. The arcadey shit can be left for other devs. Stick to your guns.

A few MP games and a MotorStorm reboot wouldnt hurt either.

But I never, ever, in my life want to see Naughty Dogs extreme talent and tech expertise go to waste on some kiddy art style bullshit ever again. :messenger_smiling:

YukiOnna

A proper Japanese RPG or showing Japanese support again like they did in the PS4 era would be great with partnerships like Bloodborne or Freedom Wars. This is something they still have that Microsoft doesn't as a JP company so I'd like to see it more in the way it was before rather than nabbing timed exclusives from 3rd party studios. Even reviving some of their legacy IP's from there would be great or a completely new IP that isn't Astrobot.

I think they've done enough to cover their western base. The reason I like Sony was for the Japan support.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I want more cinematic, story driven third person games. More games with the quality of TLOU 2. They're the only studios that can do these games properly. The arcadey shit can be left for other devs. Stick to your guns.

But I never, ever, in my life want to see Naughty Dogs extreme talent and tech expertise go to waste on some kiddy art style bullshit ever again. :messenger_smiling:

tumblr_m21fb8uxjl1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

YukiOnna

This is a terrible post and removing a huge part of ND's identity would be a mistake.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
This is a terrible post and removing a huge part of ND's identity would be a mistake.
Naughty Dog hasnt had that identity since Jak 1. Jak 2 was the switch that changed everything. And they havent looked back since. We need a premiere studio making games like TLOU 2 and whatever they do next. Theres dozens of studios who arent making that stuff.

Last edited:

Cobbet

Neo Member
A remaster of the first Motorstorm would be it for me. Second best is if they could make it so I could play Motorstorm from PS3 on PS5.

yurinka

I have never done a poll thread so bear with me mods, and Gaf. Since we have been talking about Properties from Activision/Blizzard buyout, and have seen lots of chatter from new found studios and partnerships on Sony's side. I wanted to ask the community and have a fun thread on what we would like to see the most out of Sony in the next couple years?

I wanted to set a Poll if you want a specific type of game/s from them, or would you rather they go back into the vault and re-vitalize a old IP?

I don't want to see dumb ass posts like, they need more mp games. I want you to actually explain what you want in an MP game/what type/ and why.

Let's have some fun!
In addition to the ones I voted, I'd like to see more action adventures like Uncharted or GoW and open worlds like GoT and Days Gone, or 'smaller' new IP games as Dreams, Loco Roco or Parappa were.

In fact, what I want the most are a brand new PSVR2 compatible Wipeout and Motorstorm, a Syphon Filter reboot as current AAA linear narrative action adventure with insane visuals and Uncharted 5 with Nate as main protagonist and playable character for at least 75% in a game where they don't kill him.

Last edited:

thewire

Sony need to continue making high quality single player games and more of them, but now put that quality into other genres such as arcade racers, jrpgs, etc and more multiplayer games of higher quality. Basically stop relying on 3rd party and become the best publisher in all genres now.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Greater gameplay diversity. Greater emphasis on gameplay, instead of realistic or cinematic games.

Naughty Dog used to make cartoon mascot platformers. I'd be 1000x more excited for a new cartoon mascot platformer from them with their current skills than another Troy Baker movie. Many of their teams are fantastic, but make very similar games. They have the hard part down and have created these fantastic teams, but they need to take more risks in my opinion.

They need to make games that you can pick up and play quickly without having to watch a film. Something with immediate gameplay. This is why Astrobot is such an attractive IP for them, but they have locked it behind VR primarily.

My policy for every Sony studio would be to make one small game and one large game at all times. The small games will probably be more inventive.

They released Astro's Playroom, Kena, and Ratchet and Clank in the last couple years. They have Tchia and Little Devil coming out this year. I think this genre has fallen out of vogue, but they seem committed to a steady stream of releases and that's not including other third party releases that may count. I know it's not naughty dog, but there are definitely options.

I will say I really enjoyed a lot of the smaller experimental titles, like Loco Roco, Patapon, Noby Noby Boy, Trash Panic, etc. I hope they still find game like this and the pixeljunk series to bring to ps5.

Metroidvania Returnal 2.
I would settle for DLC, but it seems really unlikely at this point 😢

SpokkX

Just continue makes cinematic linear stuff. They are best at that kind of game. ”One and done” games for me - but i enjoy them and they are the reason i even have a secondary console

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I would say Tactical Shooter. I think they're just doing TOO good on other areas, so that one needs to come to fill the gaps. An arcade racer would be good as well, but to me The Crew 3 would fill that for me.

mejin

JRPG no doubt.

Sony always surprised us with some great productions and new ips: Alundra, Wild Arms, Legend of Legaia, Legend of Dragoon, Jeanne D'arc...

I miss this shit

A good WRPG...I've been about tired of the sony formula since spiderman and would like to see them dive into a true RPG. Imagine an insomniac or naughty dog true rpg...character creation, builds, all of that.

Zoanoid33

The Getaway and SOCOM could both be huge for Sony if they can reboot them correctly. GTA needs a more realistic competitor and the tactical shooter space on console is practically non existent right now.

Would really like to see TLOU Factions 2 be an open world survival mmo similar in style to DayZ. I still don't think any games have executed this genre very well and certainly not at a level of polish that ND could provide.

YukiOnna

Naughty Dog hasnt had that identity since Jak 1. Jak 2 was the switch that changed everything. And they havent looked back since. We need a premiere studio making games like TLOU 2 and whatever they do next. Theres dozens of studios who arent making that stuff.
Naughty Dog has had that identity since Uncharted IP- it may be a bit more serious, but it still carries ND's identity of something fun and wild. TLOU only represents one creators vision and he's even said he needed someone to balance him out when working on another title. I never want them to narrow down to only making titles like TLOU when they have an entire studio who can do so much more.

Thankfully, I don't think they will.

Yoboman

Moved on to making the same TPS over and over again on PS3 and PS4.

I like graphics and a nice story as much as most people, but ultimately I categorize things in terms of the gameplay. Neither of their series are meaingfully that different from Gears of War in terms of the core gameplay. These are PS3 / 360 era TPS games where you crouch behind cover and have light stealth. Like, I've done that man! Shooters are fun, but I'm craving some variety.

I would 100% be more excited for a platformer. A platformer is the purest expression of what a game is. You move and jump. All other aspects of the game are expressed through carefully crafted level design. You have to actually design levels. That is not "behind" Gears of War style games.
Nah. ND are hitting 15-20 million on their style of games now. I'd rather they expand their cinematic endeavours, maybe make a real RPG or Mass Effect style game with the Naughty Dog level of polish. But they aren't going back to platformers

Sony already has a perfectly good IP in Astro they should be focused on pushing to the next level for platformers

More JP games with no censorship Yea TP action Cinimatic Games sell But sony has a terrible history of just wasting away ideas and concepts the PS vita could of had a Digimon Go style game for years With the Dual sense a Game like Time crisis Could actually work without using a Gun con. One of the things that pisses me off till this day is that Sony refused to port over the rest of the Inital D games, Midnight Run/Wagon midnight they ported the 1st 2 games then never ported the rest even though they had the exclusive rights to the console versions.

Warablo

I think a new Socom game with a single player missions/campaign, good AI. It would be great. Fill the void with Ghost Recon straying away from old school Ghost Recon.

Of course it would make for some decent TPS multiplayer too. Possibly co-op campaign also, but dont want them to dumb down the AI of your teammates and expect to get a human partner.

Yoboman

I want to see something unique coming from Sony. I still struggle to understand why they simply closed Japan Studio. I understand that the economics weren’t there but people and the media talked a lot about these games. Almost like free marketing for the company.
Japan Studios was almost entirely reliant on output of Ueda - who left. And their partnerships with From Software - which may or may not happen again. Otherwise it was a giant collection of people devoted to Gravity Rush? Come on now

They needed to shift focus quickly and they never did that. Just look how bad their output was from 2015 onwards

Sony definitely needs a strong first party presence in Japan. Japan Studios is not that though

Yoboman

I would be making Syphon Filter or a new IP into the spiritual successor for Metal Gear. The stealth genre is completely lacking representation and it was never a genre that struggled to get people interested

While they are at it, rip off Splinter Cell multiplayer as well

Pejo

I'd like to see them embrace or at least acknowledge their Japanese roots and give us some eastern developed games focused on fun. Whether that be JRPGs, Platformers (I'd love more games in the 'Astro' universe), arcade racers, action combat games, or super weird niche stuff like Tokyo Jungle and Gravity Rush. I'm sick of nothing but big AAA moviegames and open world RPGs, even though I recognize the obvious quality of the ones released in the past few years.

dorkimoe

No more online coop shooters. People are annoying

Couldn’t even progress in back 4 blood if you didn’t start playing day 1. Cuz nobody is around to pair up with you at the early levels it seems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom