• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would You like to See the most from Playstation Studios?

What- IP/Title/Type Game would you like to see from Sony?

• Total voters
I’m a big fan of their 3rd person output and have played and loved all the big guns, INCLUDING DAYS GONE, SONY.

I’d quite like them to use XDev to give other teams a go with some of their dormant IP. Switch the genres if need be. The idea of an open world Resistance sounded great.

From their 1st party teams I’d love a SCI-FI RPG done to PlayStation production values.

Holammer

PlayStation Legacy IP? I like the sound of that.

A remake... No, a *re-imagining* of Jak and Daxter that omits the sequels as a new happy-go-lucky platformer series.
The early 2000's edge phase aged horribly.

ZywyPL

Banned
Big budget reboots of Killzone and Resistance with big persistent online functionality.
The same with Motorstorm.

Came to lost the exact same trio. Motorstorm with E3 2005 trailer visuals and next-gen physics/destruction, KZ2 MP at 4K60, and Resistance reboot with Res3 aesthetics and gameplay.

Orbital2060

Please bring WipeOut back

RJr1noR.jpg

High budget horror games are pretty rare so I’d gladly take those. Wouldn’t mind a Metal Gear remake either.

Other than that I feel those genres are well covered by other publishers or I don’t care about them.

Last edited:

Markio128

I’m in the arcade racer camp; Ridge/Rage Racer, Sega Rally, or something similar. I personally love beating lap times on just a few, well designed tracks and I think this obsession with more is better sort of dilutes that experience.

ANIMAL1975

Honestly, I would kill for revival of Killzone.
But I don't mean in style of Shadowfall. But gritty Killzone 2 style game (- input lag).
Also I would love new Resistance game from Insomniac.

And Syphon Filter revival.

Big budget reboots of Killzone and Resistance with big persistent online functionality.
The same with Motorstorm.

766105.jpg

And more split screen campaigns and vs, especially scifi/horror FPSes.

Take notes Sony ffs.... It's not just me!
Brofist bros!

I would like to see more Japanese games, fighting games, action games, big budget JRPG’s and even some WRPG’s. They got enough Western games and imo those could diversify and balance their line-up even more.

yurinka

My studio specific fanboy wishlist:
  • ARC System Works (acquired): Guilty Gear Strive 2, Dungeon Fighter Duel, Demon Slayer, 2D anime fighter using PS Studio IPs
  • Bend: Days Gone 2 + new single player IP
  • Bluepoint: God of War 1 remake + new IP + co-develop Uncharted 5
  • Deviation: Sony's CoD Warzone
  • Capcom (acquired, and Dimps too): Street Fighter 6, Final Fight 4, REVillage PSVR2, RE9, MH World 2, DMC6, Darkstalkers 4, Mega Man 12, Mega Man X9
  • Firesprite (acquire and integrate R8 Games & Lucid, hire remaining former SCE Liverpool & Evolution staff at Codemasters): new PSVR2 compatible games like brand new AAA Wipeout, Motorstorm, Rollcage and a new AAA Horror IP
  • Firewalk: Sony's Halo/Destiny/Fornite/Apex new IP adapted to modern AAA F2P GaaS days
  • From Software (Kadokawa acquired): Bloodborne 2, Elder Ring 2, Tenchu reboot
  • Guerrilla: Squad based Killzone 5 (KZ2 vibes) with both SP story and MP focus, new IP
  • Haven: Adapt Sony's narrative driven AAA action adventure blockbusters to social GaaS co-op MP games
  • Housemarque: PSVR2 compatible new SuperStardust by a small team, AAA arcade new IP like Returnal but with no granma protagonist
  • Insomniac: Spider-Man 2 with Peter as main playable character, Wolverine, new IP and a small PSVR2 title
  • Kojipro: Syphon Filter reboot as a Metal Gear spriritual successor, small new IP, mech anime cg movie with Del Toro
  • London: PSVR2 compatible AAA openworld shooter adventure + Singstar mobile
  • Media Molecule: Dreams PS5+PSVR2+PC and expanded story mode, small cool (not as the game they announced) new IP made with Dreams
  • Naughty Dog: Knack 3 + new IP + TLOU3 where you torture and kill Abby playing as Ellie in the intro, the other 95% of the game you play as Joel in a flashback
  • Nixxes: Bloodborne PS5+PC, TLOU1+2 PS5+PC, Spider-Man Remastered+Morales PC
  • Pixel Opus: Parappa The Rapper and Loco Roco reboots or sequels with artsy, modern visuals
  • Polyphony: GT7 content, GT8, non-racing new IP
  • Quantic Dream (acquired): interactive drama new IP, Star Wars, sequel to Detroit or Heavy Rain
  • San Diego: leave the local game MLB, make FIFA Soccer for a global audience instead
  • Sega (acquired + Dotemu and the SOR4 and TMNT Shredder's Revenge teams): Sonic Mania 2, pixel art Streets of Rage 5, Yakuza 8, Persona 6, Alien Isolation 2, PSVR2 compatible Out Run 3, PSVR2 compatible Afterburner Black Falcon 2, Crazy Taxi 4, pixel art Golden Axe, pixel art Shinobi sequel, pixel art Shadow Dancer AAA sequel, PSVR2 compatible Sega Rally 4, PSVR2 compatible Daytona USA 4, FIFA Football Manager
  • Square Enix (acquired): I wouldn't buy it, but I'm annoyed of gaffers acting as if there were no WRPG and JRPG on PS, seems they need them to be 1st party or if not they aren't happy
  • Supermassive (acquired): PSVR2 compatible Until Dawn 2
  • Sucker Punch: Ghost of Tsushima 2 + European middle age mythology open world Dragon's Dogma/Monster Hunter like new IP
  • Sony Santa Monica: co-develop Uncharted 5 + GoW in Egipt + single player space fantasy (think Star Wars) new IP
  • Team Asobi: Mario Odyssey-like PSVR compatible big ass Astro game, new mascot platformer IP, Puppeteer 2

Last edited:
Bring PS games to PC.

Also bring back these IP's and pour everything into them:

Massive Action Game (MAG)
Socom
Resistance
Warhawk

Bring these games to PC as well and enable cross-play/cross-progression.
Pour resources into the multiplayer components of these games.

I'd like to see a 3rd person open world fantasy action RPG, something like a cross between Dragon Age, Dragons Dogma and the Elder Scrolls. I'd like to see it focus on a mage who is deadly both up close and at a distance, different mount types that have their own attacks as well as some being able to fly including dragons, griffons, dire wolves, dire bears and of course horses. I'd love to see him have really good melee skills with his staff, add some magic/elemental effects to the staff attacks and then small, medium and very large projectile attacks. Think of it as something like Dragon's Dogma where you can summon full tornadoes only make it a full-on thunderstorm to go along with it and don't make it take anywhere near as long to do. I'd want it to be fast paced, there is no reason a mage needs to be some character that stands a mile away and slowly lobs fireballs, the guy should own the battlefield when fighting opponents who don't have his kind of power.

Maybe corner a segment of the unique, stylish and experimental, perhaps Asian-Japanese centric, action adventure games market.

They got a great stash of legacy IPs they're sitting on and doing nothing about. The 7th generation might've not gone exactly as they planned, but they had some good ideas from there they should consider revisiting like; Resistance and Warhawk. The original and 3rd Resistance were legit pretty good. The original TLOU MP had potential to become bigger than it was too. Killzone also had potential, but seems like Guerrilla and Sony flaundered their chances on it.

Maybe expand Naughty dog and divide it into two sub studios: one that focuses on "serious" cinematic games and the other on something like lighthearted action-adventure platformers.

Generally, I'd like to see them up their consumer friendliness. Its time to bring a trump card or two to the table.

Last edited:

Emet_bp

MotorStorm (1 & 2 remake or a new one in that style), Driveclub 2, new Jak & Daxter and Killzone in Killzone 2 style (with that design and heavy steering / moves but without input-lag).

TheTony316

Sony should reinvest in Japan and create big AAA jrpgs and action adventure games to distinguish themselves from Microsoft and their push for Western centric games. Sony already got big Western IPs such as God of War, Horizon and Uncharted, but they need put effort into their japanese brand of gaming. Revive Legend of Dragoon, keep Persona and Final Fantasy exclusive, invest in new IPs, focus on gameplay instead of cinematic experiences.

I'm really looking forward to what Asobi is making. I hope it's a full blown Astro platformer without VR. Asobi could become Sony's big JRPG/Platformer studio if handled right.

An arcade racer in the spirit of Blur

A Warhawk PS3 remaster or remake

Sucker Punch to possibly take on a dormant IP like X-Men which could have story elements tied to Insomniacs Wolverine game

Naughty Dog creating a new IP that is Science Fiction related

Naked Lunch

The uniqueness, creativity, and originality of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.
A return of the car combat genre with a serious reboot of Twisted Metal.
Buy back Clap Hanz and make a compilation Hot Shots Golf with every course in the entire series. Also bring back Hot Shots Tennis.

Enough of the 3rd person walking simulator wannabe movies with easy as pie "gameplay". Beyond played out - you couldnt pay me to play another one.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
A GTA/RDR2 clone.

I feel like they could pull it off.
Preferably a new ip with an excellent story and similar gameplay as R*'s games.

Naughty Dog and bend should work on it.
It does not have to be as big as R*'s games, but it needs as good detail and features.

• ARC System Works (acquired): Guilty Gear Strive 2, Dungeon Fighter Duel, Demon Slayer, 2D anime fighter using PS Studio IPs
  • Capcom (acquired, and Dimps too): Street Fighter 6, Final Fight 4, REVillage PSVR2, RE9, MH World 2, DMC6, Darkstalkers 4, Mega Man 12, Mega Man X9
  • Firesprite (acquire and integrate R8 Games & Lucid, hire remaining former SCE Liverpool & Evolution staff at Codemasters): new PSVR2 compatible games like brand new AAA Wipeout, Motorstorm, Rollcage and a new AAA Horror IP
  • Firewalk: Sony's Halo/Destiny/Fornite/Apex new IP adapted to modern AAA F2P GaaS days
  • Guerrilla: Squad based Killzone 5 (KZ2 vibes) with both SP story and MP focus, new IP
  • Haven: Adapt Sony's narrative driven AAA action adventure blockbusters to social GaaS co-op MP games
  • Housemarque: PSVR2 compatible new SuperStardust by a small team, AAA arcade new IP like Returnal but with no granma protagonist
  • Insomniac: Spider-Man 2 with Peter as main playable character, Wolverine, new IP and a small PSVR2 title
  • Kojipro: Syphon Filter reboot as a Metal Gear spriritual successor, small new IP, mech anime cg movie with Del Toro
  • Media Molecule: Dreams PS5+PSVR2+PC and expanded story mode, small cool (not as the game they announced) new IP made with Dreams
  • Naughty Dog: Knack 3 + new IP + TLOU3 where you torture and kill Abby playing as Ellie in the intro, the other 95% of the game you play as Joel in a flashback
  • Pixel Opus: Parappa The Rapper and Loco Roco reboots or sequels with artsy, modern visuals
  • Quantic Dream (acquired): interactive drama new IP, Star Wars, sequel to Detroit or Heavy Rain
  • San Diego: leave the local game MLB, make FIFA Soccer for a global audience instead
  • Sega (acquired + Dotemu and the SOR4 and TMNT Shredder's Revenge teams): Sonic Mania 2, pixel art Streets of Rage 5, Yakuza 8, Persona 6, Alien Isolation 2, PSVR2 compatible Out Run 3, PSVR2 compatible Afterburner Black Falcon 2, Crazy Taxi 4, pixel art Golden Axe, pixel art Shinobi sequel, pixel art Shadow Dancer AAA sequel, PSVR2 compatible Sega Rally 4, PSVR2 compatible Daytona USA 4, FIFA Football Manager
  • Square Enix (acquired): I wouldn't buy it, but I'm annoyed of gaffers acting as if there were no WRPG and JRPG on PS, seems they need them to be 1st party or if not they aren't happy
  • Sucker Punch: Ghost of Tsushima 2 + European middle age mythology open world Dragon's Dogma/Monster Hunter like new IP
  • Sony Santa Monica: co-develop Uncharted 5 + GoW in Egipt + single player space fantasy (think Star Wars) new IP
  • Team Asobi: Mario Odyssey-like PSVR compatible big ass Astro game, new mascot platformer IP, Puppeteer 2
Honestly if Sony adquires SEGA, I'd preffer to see a Sonic Adventure 3 or an ambitious AAA Sonic again, put Sonic in the same level as Ratchet & Clank instead of just milking retro nostalgia.
I'd also love to see Capcom revive Legends 3 and StarForce 4 alongside the new X game.

Last edited:

Yoboman

I like your ideas. I dont want the whole Japanese market being bought up like that though. Kadokawa, Kojipro and Square Enix would be good fits. And the Konami IPs. I also like the idea of ARC Systems to make a Sony IP fighter

Quantic Dream would be a waste of money

TheGrat1

More couch co-op games. Those were the best memories. Packing up your console in a backpack and heading over to your buddie's house on the weekend for an all day session.

Reboot:
596-5964486_syphon-filter-logo-hd-png-download.png

yurinka

Quantic Dream would be a waste of money
No, Quantic Dream games always had pretty good sales with relatively low budgets, dominated a casual friendly genre/niche, provide variety to their 1st party catalog, Detroit and specially Heavy Rain had good reviews, were tech showcases, and have potential to use these IPs on cinema or tv and their cost for an acquisition would be cheap and profitable.

Plus since they focus on single player games, now that Sony is working on many multiplayer focused games would show people they continue betting on single player content.

yurinka

Honestly if Sony adquires SEGA, I'd preffer to see a Sonic Adventure 3 or an ambitious AAA Sonic again, put Sonic in the same level as Ratchet & Clank instead of just milking retro nostalgia.
I'd also love to see Capcom revive Legends 3 and StarForce 4 alongside the new X game.
I'd love to see a great 3D AAA Sonic, but since Dreamcast Sega never has been able to achieve it. Meanwhile Sonic Mania has been their only awesome 2D game since Mega Drive / Mega CD. So I think the Sonic Mania way -even if their team is fucked- is the only realistic way of getting masterpieces now.

Mega Man 11 was a small success. Mega Man 12 could be another one, and I see Mega Man X9 less possible but achievable. I think there wouldn't be enough interest for Legents 3, Starforce etc.

SaucyJack

Some communication would be nice.

A year and a quarter into the generation and we still don’t know what many of their teams are doing.

I'd love to see a great 3D AAA Sonic, but since Dreamcast Sega never has been able to achieve it. Meanwhile Sonic Mania has been their only awesome 2D game since Mega Drive / Mega CD. So I think the Sonic Mania way -even if their team is fucked- is the only realistic way of getting masterpieces now.

Mega Man 11 was a small success. Mega Man 12 could be another one, and I see Mega Man X9 less possible but achievable. I think there wouldn't be enough interest for Legents 3, Starforce etc.
While I do think Mania 2 or Megaman 12 would be easier success, I think there should definetely be something for the fans.
Many Sonic and Megaman fans have been clamoring for more of that experimental 2000's stuff that while isn't necessarily succesful, is beloved. I do support a Megaman X9 more though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom