• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you rate SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom?

Rate the game SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom

Votes: 2 8.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.3%

Votes: 3 13.0%

Votes: 4 17.4%

Votes: 6 26.1%

Votes: 1 4.3%

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Kuranghi

I want to say 8.5 but no option to so I chose 8 because 9 is a bit too much. I loved it though, I never played the original release, just the remake recently. Loved it. Graphics were super clean.

Last edited:

Holammer

I want to say 8.5 but no option to so I chose 8.5 because 9 is a bit too much. I loved it though, I never played the original release, just the remake recently. Loved it. Graphics were super clean.
Exactly the same for me, I'm playing the PC version of the remake.
Design wise you can feel the indelible stamp of its lowly origin, but even the originals must've been solid games.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Probably around 6 or so. Never played the original, but bought and tried Rehydrated. Fun and colorful, but I only played a few hours initially and haven't had the urge to return since then. It's not bad by any means, there's just nothing to be thrilled about for me personally. Though the humor can be great.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I love anything spongebob wise.
567992.jpg

Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor

lol

kiphalfton

Better than 9/10 TV or movie licensed games.

PS2 era had some strong contenders like this game, Simpsons Hit & Run, DBZ Budokai 3, DBZ Tenkaichi games, Spider-Man 2, Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction, and a number of others. Lots of heavy hitters. Everyyhing had an associated licensed game though back then, and the number of licensed games have since seemed to fall off considerably.

Codes 208

It wasnt too above average for me, it was just more of a competent licensed game which was and continues to be rare these days. (but it is still the best of the spongebob games)

7/10

Kuranghi

Better than 9/10 TV or movie licensed games.

PS2 era had some strong contenders like this game, Simpsons Hit & Run, DBZ Budokai 3, DBZ Tenkaichi games, Spider-Man 2, Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction, and a number of others. Lots of heavy hitters. Everyyhing had an associated licensed game though back then, and the number of licensed games have since seemed to fall off considerably.

I also just loved the original PS1 Spiderman as well, but I don't think that is necessarily a great game ha.

I wonder if its possible we could see a AAA hulk game at some point but even just a nice "built on the bones of the original" remake of Hulk Ultimate Destruction would be amazing too, like Destroy All Humans!. It would be cool if it was modernized but I don't know how much money they'd put into it.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Probably one of the best licensed games and a pretty good game in its own right. One of the things that makes it stand out is that there is actually passion behind it. The devs clearly were fans of the show. Most licensed games are generic and only done for a paycheck. This one has soul. It definitely has some flaws, but the good far outweighs the bad.

8/10

Humdinger

7, I'd say. I played the remastered version about a year ago. I enjoyed the simple mechanics and the sense of humor. It was a refreshing throwback to an earlier era. I quit about 3/4 into the game, though, because the platforming became too frustrating for me.

Top Bottom