• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatever happened to........Bionic Commando?

RoboEight

I never understood the hate Bionic Commando got like yeah the story was meh but the swinging mechanics and gameplay were a lot of fun.

Banned
I never understood the hate Bionic Commando got like yeah the story was meh but the swinging mechanics and gameplay were a lot of fun.

I don't get it either, but I also ignored it at launch, and only played it several years after because A friend had it and I could actually try it.

I loved this game. It was pretty advanced, technically, for A 360/PS3 game.
Large, open environments that you could explore pretty throughly (at least from a geometry perspective) and a swing mechanic that actually took some skill to get good at... made the game pretty fun to play.

I also remember the final boss battle/encounter blowing me away, visually and conceptually.
Definitely a sleeper hit of the generation, despite all the hate.
Yeah, it’s no masterpiece, but anyone who thinks a medium needs only masterpieces is a wiener.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.

I never played any of the new Bionic Commando games, but looking at the clips from that video, some of the mechanics are very Spider-Man like. Capcom should think about asking Insomniac to do a new game in the series. They've already got the tech and design experience for really great swinging gameplay, and they have experience with traditional platformers as well. Given the time and budget, they could put out a great third person swinging platforming shooter and bring Bionic Commando back to life.

Top Bottom