• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's a good PC gamepad with gyro?

dave_d

Just curious, what do people use these days on the PC when they want a pad with gyro functionality. I have an old logitech rumblepad 2 wireless and was thinking of replacing it. Do people just use Switch pro controller or the PS5 dualsense for that or is some PC pad the go to? (I was looking at 8BitDo Pro 2 Bluetooth but I'm not sure if it even has gyro on PC.)

I've also been looking for this. If you don't mind symmetrical stick then just get a DualSense. If you do mind symmetrical sticks like I do then I'll link some of the ones I've been looking at. Switch Pro is also cool except for the d-pad but I'm not too hot on the digital triggers.

Zimmy68

arbys-freebie-gyro-coupon-1598546372-1598546372.png

Hoddi

I have the 8bitdo Pro 2 and it supports gyro. It’s a great controller too.

Just be aware that Xinput doesn’t support gyro and that is the controller API that most games use on PC. 8bitdo controllers support multiple APIs (Xinput/Dinput/Switch/Mac) and gyro only works in some of them. You can, for example, use gyro in Nintendo emulators by setting the controller to Switch mode but it won’t work when in Xinput mode.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Switch pro controller is pretty good and high quality tbh. Also easy to use with emulators and steam.

Last edited:
8bitdo has rumba and gyro.

8bit do snpro+ rocks. I bought two as they are cheap compared to dual sense. ($45) I use them for both switch, my ps classic, pc and steam link and steam deck.
8bit do controller can be used for multiple inputs too, it has d-input (for older pc games) , has xinput for xbox emulation, switch mode, and mac mode.
Has rumble and has different themes , black, gameboy, snes, and snes euorpe (I think, kinda reminds me of the old gravis gamepad buttons, the one with the stick that screwed into the d-pad, going back to the 90s with that one).

Of course a dual sense is nicer but it's also $70-80, I have two of those and they stay ps5 only.
Could use a ps4 controller too, for as long as they hold up (2 had stick drift and had to get rid of. 2 others are holding but for how long? My ps3 ds3 controllers don't even hold a charge anymore let and barely work on a cord).

Last edited:

Togh

For me, DualShock 3 is the ultimate all-around controller because with it you can play retro and new games alike, it has motion sensor so you can play games that use it like Flower on Steam and you can emulate PS3, Wii and Wii U with it. Also, it has pressure sensitive buttons so you can play any PS2 and PS3 that makes use of that gimmick via emulator.

It sucks for fighting games though. For fighting games you need a Sega Saturn controller or an arcade one

Top Bottom