• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's one small thing you've changed recently that has made your life better or made you feel better?

hollams

Gold Member
For the past 10 years that I've owned my house I have been using a plain shower head. About 6 months ago I upgraded to one that streams the water overhead, has an attached hose, and allows me to pause the water flow with a quick button press. I usually take a shower in the morning so it's an awesome way to start the day by getting a scalp massage. Being able to stop the water flowing while lathering up without messing with the water dials is also a game changer. No specific details about the added benefit of the hose, but it does make cleaning the shower much easier.

Irobot82

Started training Taekwondo with the kids. Not really about what the best martial arts is or anything like that. It's just fun to do with the kids and health is way better. Cardio up, inflammation down. Feeling pretty good.

The_hunter

I finally got a secretary. I feel like a big part of my life has been returned to me.

I also started having sex again.

The two things are unrelated, btw.
We need a suspicious emoji for posts like this.

Emotion Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Pejo

Serious question, how do you have confidence that you're positioned correctly the first time you try one of these? I always refrain because I'm not sure where it's aiming. Do you just get splashed then adjust, or is it homing or something?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Serious question, how do you have confidence that you're positioned correctly the first time you try one of these? I always refrain because I'm not sure where it's aiming. Do you just get splashed then adjust, or is it homing or something?

Yes my asshole has surgically implanted homing beacons which telekinetically attracts the H2O droplets in rapid succession.

AJUMP23

For the past 10 years that I've owned my house I have been using a plain shower head. About 6 months ago I upgraded to one that streams the water overhead, has an attached hose, and allows me to pause the water flow with a quick button press. I usually take a shower in the morning so it's an awesome way to start the day by getting a scalp massage. Being able to stop the water flowing while lathering up without messing with the water dials is also a game changer. No specific details about the added benefit of the hose, but it does make cleaning the shower much easier.
You should get a seat in the shower. It is the main thing I miss from my old house. Being able to sit in the shower.

Quasicat

I weigh less than I use to. That always helps to eat healthier. But I am trying to just eat less of the sugary stuff I like and eat less overall. Be more disciplined and eat the sugary goodness on occasion. Instead of making every day an occasion.
How are you pulling this off? Seriously, I could use as many pointers as you can give. I tried Keto for a few months and crashed hard on it. Intermittent fasting works, but the more carbs one eats (including sugar) it slows your progress way down.

dorkimoe

It hits you either right on it or close to it and you can adjust, it has never sprayed out on mine. I got one right before covid and it cuts down on how much toilet paper down by like 60% or more its crazy

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Moved from Germany to Mexico.
Fascinating: care to explain this one?

I’ll try to keep the following to small things in keeping with the thread topic:

In my case: two things pop to mind. I bought and installed a water filtering system that screens out all sorts of nasty stuff down to 0.5 microns. Really handy for preparing baby formula bottles instantly and on-demand, instead of boiling water for five minutes.

This was one of the systems I purchased, and I wish I had done it sooner:

https://www.psifilters.com.au/triple-undersink/10324-psi-333-triple-undersink-premium-model.html

Interestingly, first thing I noticed was that the water felt/tasted ‘softer’.

The other thing I appreciate is my SNOO automated bassinet, that I bought second hand from Facebook marketplace. It helps my little lad sleep a bit longer though the night (we only ever use it at night from 9pm onwards), which in turn helps preserve our sanity for just a bit longer. The downside is weaning him off of it. He sleeps unassisted in a normal crib during the day, so hopefully the weaning process won’t be too traumatic for everyone.

Modern engineering marvel in action:

Last edited:

badblue

I bought a new pillow.

Reading the reviews, I was skeptical but it's a pretty decent pillow. I've been waking up without neck pain since I've been using it.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Lol. I know that sounds crazy, especially as I'm on a video game forum.

However, reducing my gaming time worked wonders with my mental health and gave me more time for other activities that actually benefited my life, such as learning another language, working on my career and time to actually read one book a week, which itself has numerous health benefits.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Lol. I know that sounds crazy, especially as I'm on a video game forum.

However, reducing my gaming time worked wonders with my mental health and gave me more time for other activities that actually benefited my life, such as learning another language, working on my career and time to actually read one book a week, which itself has numerous health benefits.
Can't relate. I just create incestuous nations in Crusader Kings 3 or fucking shit on noobs in Elden Ring while using Rivers of Blood. Feels great.

I am a healthy functioning adult. I don't have issues. You have issues.

goodfellas-cocaine-gif.gif

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Listen to some podcast episodes on 1.5 speed so I can get through them faster and move on to new episodes.

Cut out naps. Naps help a lot of people, but they’re awful for me because every time I take a nap during the day, I can’t fall to sleep later that night. By holding off on naps, it has helped alleviate some sleep issues I’ve had, as I’m usually dead tired by the time I lay down for bed and pass out within minutes.

Top Bottom