• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the most obscure game you can think of?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
iu

Fbh

For some reason I always remember "The Machines" on MS DOS
TheMachines_DOS_a.png
TheMachines_DOS_e.png

Mostly because of how underwhelmed I was by it. It opened with this cool cinematic with a cool 3D robot. Then you start the game and get to play with this lame robot on the second image.
Never really got far as it was all in English and I had no idea what to do.

Fuz

Banned
MV5BZDM3YWQxMDEtMzU2Ny00NTE0LTkwMjgtODkyZDQzNjYzZWE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc1OTA3Mjg@._V1_.jpg

Loved it as a kid.

I think I loved all those very confusing games where the objective was never clear.

Koenigssee

MetalHeart: Replicants Rampage, a 2005 shitty, buggy copy of classic isometric Fallouts made by Russian dev Akella.

Also, Mayday: Conflict Earth, an equally shitty forgotten RTS release for PC in 2000.

Last edited:

Vandole

Afrika on PS3 is up there. Just a photo safari game where you take pictures of animals with licensed Sony cameras. One of my favorite games of all time. The animations of the animals are the best I've ever seen in a game. The cheapest copy on Ebay is currently going for $140.00. There is a sealed copy going for $380.00 right now. Insanity.
Natsume released this and at the same time a separate African safari game for the Wii called Animal Kingdom Wildlife Expedition. I only had a Wii at the time, but I figured they would be similar games due to the release times and having the same publisher.

...man was I wrong.

Roxkis_ii

wzSEaLc.jpg

I got this game used from a second hand shop, it was the collector's edition with the soundtrack, a poster of the world maps and a lunar pendent (which was missing).

I don't remember the story but I remember this game being hard as balls. I think I'm going to try to replay this.

Dr.Morris79

This is one that most of you will be too young to remember, but to those that do I salute you:

Elfmania:

2571363-011.png

I loved that! It was certainly one of the better Amiga fighters that came out :)

Like this banger..

1Bz8eX2.gif

My pick of the thread would have to be..

B8dXDRh.png

Been on the Forum for years and I dont think I've ever seen it brought up apart from me, years after making my account :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Cracking game that was, utterly hooked me that multiplayer did, and the campaign.

One of my most wanted GOG games.

Natsume released this and at the same time a separate African safari game for the Wii called Animal Kingdom Wildlife Expedition. I only had a Wii at the time, but I figured they would be similar games due to the release times and having the same publisher.

...man was I wrong.
Hahaha no way! I gotta look that up now. I was always so jealous that Wii users got that game Endless Ocean. It looked so sick! I really wish Natsume would make a sequel to AfriKa on the PS5 because that game on PS3 was just outstanding as far as I'm concerned. I mean it took me about 8 or 9 years to beat it playing it off and on and I actually got the Platinum.

SSfox

Is it that horror game in school you play with students? (4 i think) That was a really cool game, and graphically looked super impressive on PS2. I had no expectation but that was a cool surprise.

As for topic, i think it was SH1, the game literally depressed but its tone, everything was dark and weird and you had no idea why.

Mephisto40

I Of The Mask - ZX Spectrum - Still to this day have no idea what you are actually supposed to do to progress in any way, after owning the game for 30 years :messenger_grinning_sweat:

QzvHHgJ.jpg

K9cEMNz.png
An unreleased OG Xbox game I have played.
And this beaut:
mgZQwJh.jpg

An RTS called three kingdoms: fate of the dragon. I remember making flying crows to deliver men over the enemy walls.
Of course if you havent played either of these you are a casual with no taste.

One more, actually fun, game:
S9Jlu3z.jpg

A legendary real time tactics game that's better than its source material.

MrPaul

Neo Member
Gotta be an old BBS door game. LORE was only ever hosted on one that I visited. Similar in gameplay in many ways to Ultima Exodus.
Lore-main.png

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I loved that! It was certainly one of the better Amiga fighters that came out :)

Like this banger..

1Bz8eX2.gif

My pick of the thread would have to be..

B8dXDRh.png

Been on the Forum for years and I dont think I've ever seen it brought up apart from me, years after making my account :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Cracking game that was, utterly hooked me that multiplayer did, and the campaign.

One of my most wanted GOG games.
Vietcong is a great game and was one of the first games I played on PC.

I don't see much about this game I played as a kid.

jKeUHaj.jpg

Top Bottom