• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's up with made up black chicks having white hair?

Bob White

It seems like most black chicks in games have hair colors that's unnatural to them (to make them look LESS black maybe). It's like if a black chick isn't in a FPS or some sports game, she will most likely have silver hair.
Bah, if you guys have pics or names of black chicks in games that prove me wrong go ahead and post them. If I'm wrong so be it. Just writing what I notice.

mgs2_fortune.jpg

58.jpg

vanessa_1m.jpg

morris53.jpg

final-fantasy-xii-20040514032256058.jpg

More fuel to the fire?
raven_e.jpg

zack_3large.jpg

beerbelly

Banned
Firest0rm said:
I think its really sexy, if only some real black girls had white hair. That would be great.

Hair colors like white, green, purple and blue look presentable only in cartoons and anime. If you can really imagine a women with white hair it's actually disgusting.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
i have to say black chicks with platinum hair (atleast in video games) is pretty damn hot.

XS+

Banned
The black girls in JSR/JSRF were 'hip' and 'cool,' and they had regular hair. And I think that's the only example in videogamedom.

Hair colors like white, green, purple and blue look presentable only in cartoons and anime. If you can really imagine a women with white hair it's actually disgusting.

Have you seen the X-Men movies?

beerbelly

Banned
yes and imo they are disgusting so stop trying to use the stereotypical internet-user-who-don't-go-outside argument.

Tellaerin

beerbelly said:
Hair colors like white, green, purple and blue look presentable only in cartoons and anime.

You were never part of the oldskool rave scene, I take it. :)

beerbelly said:
If you can really imagine a women with white hair it's actually disgusting.

Hardly.

It's simply a contrast or optional fashion choice. Some white girls have/want black hair, so some black girls want white hair. Also, it's a way to differeniate yourself from the norm, considering pretty much all black/asian people are born with black hair.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I don't see how it's any different than all the Japanese characters with red/blue/green/yellow/etc. hair in all the other games.

belgurdo

Banned
beerbelly said:

There are tons of people (of all races) that have white hair, and they look fine.

Barnimal

Banned
IMO that doesnt look plastic and fake. its the clarity and the depth of field in that camera shot. i cant wait until games can do camera effects and still remain sharp just like that photo. all the effects added today make games look plasticy or blurry or washed out.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Raven couldn't be anymore of a Wesley Snipes ripoff...

I don't know what the deal is, but I don't mind it.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Most of the pictures you've shown were from Japanese artists. It's definitely not a racial issue, it's more of a cultural difference in how they choose to portray people.

Though I'm quite sure for every black woman with white or discoloured hair I'm sure you can find just the same with a common hair color in another game. A lot of western designed games seem to have characters with more "traditional" hair colors.

Dujour

Banned
I know that some people from the carribean that have dark skin and have blonde hair. btw, the only characters on that list that it works for are Storm (since the 70's, damn it) and Fortune.

Tellaerin

TekunoRobby said:
Though I'm quite sure for every black woman with white or discoloured hair I'm sure you can find just the same with a common hair color in another game.

Nice way of putting it. Why don't you tell all the sisters out there who bleach or dye that their hair is 'discoloured'? And let us know what they say when you tell 'em, too. :)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Tellaerin said:
Nice way of putting it. Why don't you tell all the sisters out there who bleach or dye that their hair is 'discoloured'? And let us know what they say when you tell 'em, too. :)
I meant within the context of videogames only! I know I'll get a beating from any woman if I say that to them.

EDIT: I really meant to say "altered hair color." HEE HEE

Belfast

Yeah, half of those girls aren't even black and Storm isn't even originally a video game character and was conceptualized by a Western artist, so you can't chalk her up to racial misunderstanding (the white hair thing has a lot to do with lightning/thunder gods, too).

Also, Fortune's hair is blonde not white and what's his name from DoA has green hair. Considering he's sort of a raver/DJ type, its not really surprising.

That leaves us with Raven, who looks kind of like Wesley Snipes anyway (and he had similarly-colored hair at one point, right?) and Elena.

Besides, I see a lot of black girls (and other people in general) with various forms/levels of coloration in their hair. Its not all pitch black. :p

FriScho

In fact, this is biological possible. Some aboriginals in Australia are black with blonde hair. Contrast is beautiful. That's why the eyeliner was invented :)

Mock

Banned
I don't know, but they look hot with white hair. Even the white chicks do. Just look at Ivy from Soul Calibur - hot! Christie from DOA - hot!

White hair on young, fictional women with comic book anatomies = hot. Its like a rule or something.

Top Bottom