• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite Sony game of the ps4 generation

What's the best sony PS4 game

• Bloodborne

• Uncharted 4

• Horizon zero dawn

• Gran turismo sport

• God of war

• Spiderman

• Days gone

• Death stranding

• The last of us part 2

• Ghost of tsushima

• The last guardian

• Dreams

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.

LakeOf9

Sony is probably the best publisher right now but that started in the ps4 era when they put out banger after banger. Sony put out so many awesome games in the ps4 generation it was hard to fit all of them in a single poll really. it's an insane number and variety of games and im missing a lot of stuff, especially the psvr specific stuff, and cool games like until dawn.

which of Sony's ps4 era games do you like most, and why? I think I will pick ghost of tsushima. I love the combat and I love the graphics, the story is so epic and so moving, the art style is beautiful, the world is great, jin is an awesome character, the music is great. everything about it is fantastic, sony has made so many cool games but ghost of tsushima stands as my favorite of them, beating out bloodborne.

what about you, what's your favorite sony game of the ps4 generation?

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Sony is probably the best publisher right now
No Way Beer GIF by Busch

So naive...

For starters, Capcom is way more into public opinion since the PS4 generation. And if you want to compare a console manufacturing, Nintendo still is higher on profits with their console and/or their games

nial

Gold Member
Amazing generation. Bloodborne, Gravity Rush 2, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Déraciné, Death Stranding, The Last Guardian, Everybody's Golf, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Infamous Second Son, Driveclub, Concrete Genie, Tearaway Unfolded, Until Dawn, Detroit: Become Human, Dreams, Helldivers, Resogun, etc. All good stuff.

mrmustard

Banned
The 3 Best games not in the list...

Astro Bot
Rush of Blood
Shadow of the Colossus

I think the title PS4 exclusives would be better since at least Bloodborne and Death Stranding are not made by Sony.

Last edited:

small_law

Horizon Zero Dawn was a real treat. It had beautiful visuals, engaging combat, and a fascinating story. It took a little time to warm up, but once you hit that middle third of the campaign, it pulled you right along. Aloy is a great protagonist. She's strong and capable without being the obnoxious girl boss archetype, something that's everywhere these days.

I also liked that Guerilla tended to be forgiving in the combat design. The dodge roll has a ton of i-frames and weapons and mods were powerful. They did nerf the best armor in the game at some point, but it was still awesome to use.

LostDonkey

For Me personally, definitely Death Stranding.

I wish I could go back in blind and do that first play through again.

Absolutely incredible game.

DKPOWPOW

Days Gone

Game was amazing, zero understanding of the hate. One of the most impressive games of last-gen. It was the total package. Didn't feel like a prodding cinematic experience like many other Sony games. It had a decent story that was intriguing from the outset, amazing visuals, a satisfying gameplay loop, and most of all it felt like a video game!

Not something trying to be a movie. And of course critics disliked it and it didn't get the sales it deserved, so now we're stuck with no sequel. They harped on it for having some minor launch issues that didn't take long to get patched up. Bend even kept updating it to the point where I hear its one of the most impressive PS4 games that have a PS5 patch.

Typical.

mrmustard

Banned
Days Gone

Game was amazing, zero understanding of the hate. One of the most impressive games of last-gen. It was the total package. Didn't feel like a prodding cinematic experience like many other Sony games. It had a decent story that was intriguing from the outset, amazing visuals, a satisfying gameplay loop, and most of all it felt like a video game!

Not something trying to be a movie. And of course critics disliked it and it didn't get the sales it deserved, so now we're stuck with no sequel. They harped on it for having some minor launch issues that didn't take long to get patched up. Bend even kept updating it to the point where I hear its one of the most impressive PS4 games that have a PS5 patch.

Typical.
The launch issues were no big deal for me, but the game just wasn't very good. 7/10 is a ftiing score.

LakeOf9

It's very interesting to see god of war not getting too many votes because I always thought it was extremely beloved. did Ragnarok make people turn on the 2018 game too?

Persona 5 Royal
persona 5 royal is not a sony game lol, it is on literally every system

nial

Gold Member
I still think people should give more credit to Japan Studio's output in the PS4 era. Sure, there were fewer games than before and quite some management issues, but all of these, plus Astro Bot Rescue Mission and Déraciné, make for some of the best and most memorable 8th gen experiences.

Varteras

Gold Member
It's very interesting to see god of war not getting too many votes because I always thought it was extremely beloved. did Ragnarok make people turn on the 2018 game too?

To be fair, this was a tough list for me to choose. God of War was very close. So was Bloodborne, Horizon, and Spider-Man. But Ghost of Tsushima captivated me just ever so slightly more.

Days Gone

Typical.
I agree it is a very good game but it lacks the polish of other premiere Sony studio games. And it was in development for 6+ years too, which I think was the biggest issue for not greenlighting a sequel. Development for it sounded rough

Snow physics in that game need to be replicated

LakeOf9

No Way Beer GIF by Busch

So naive...

For starters, Capcom is way more into public opinion since the PS4 generation. And if you want to compare a console manufacturing, Nintendo still is higher on profits with their console and/or their games
I love Capcom but in what world are they more in public opinion than Sony? Sony has more 90+ rated games, more GOTY nominees, more GOTY winners, more 20 million+ sellers, more 10 million+ sellers, and even more successes in cross media stuff like movies and TV.

This is just delusional

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Sony has more 90+ rated games
Problem with that logic is we have Capcom masterpiece like God Hand get low score just because.

This gen I can safely say there are A LOT more Capcom games I like more than Sony games.

TLOU2 for me. The best combat ever for a 3rd person action adventure. And the decapatation and gore systen is still the most realistic/brutal I've ever played. Can't wait for Factions

Warablo

They are all pretty good.

I guess God of War and Ghosts of Tsushima were my favorites. Spiderman is good too but still just a superhero game.

TheTony316

Problem with that logic is we have Capcom masterpiece like God Hand get low score just because.

This gen I can safely say there are A LOT more Capcom games I like more than Sony games.

But that doesn't change the fact that Sony has bigger and more successful games than Capcom. I mean, i don't like Nintendo games (outside of maybe Xenoblade) but that doesn't mean anything.

I love Capcom but in what world are they more in public opinion than Sony? Sony has more 90+ rated games, more GOTY nominees, more GOTY winners, more 20 million+ sellers, more 10 million+ sellers, and even more successes in cross media stuff like movies and TV.

This is just delusional
Yea, that was a delusional take. I love Capcom too but they are nowhere near the level of success that Sony is in when it comes to their IPs.

TLOU series alone has won more GOTYs than any Capcom game and even now it's hit TV show with a good chance of doing a clean sweep at the Emmys this year.

SSfox

All the games were amazing masterpieces, on the top of top for me was Bloodborne and God Of War.

I voted GOW but it's a tie with BB.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
The best? The Last Of Us: Part II
My favorite? DriveClub

Bloodborne
, Death Stranding and The Last Guardian also in the Top 5.

Banjo64

cumsessed
The game was co-developed by Japan studio and the IP is owned by Sony. It is very much a Sony game just like Demon Souls.
It is Japan Studio is a Sony studio who co developed with From Software.
Yeaaaah it’s not though. Could Sony have made those games on their own? No. They are Miyazaki games. Just like Ori aren’t Xbox games, they are Moon games. I don’t care who owns the rights, I don’t care who funded the projects, I don’t care if Japan Studio made themselves available to help. They’re just From games.

Poltz

Yeaaaah it’s not though. Could Sony have made those games on their own? No. They are Miyazaki games. Just like Ori aren’t Xbox games, they are Moon games. I don’t care who owns the rights, I don’t care who funded the projects, I don’t care if Japan Studio made themselves available to help. They’re just From games.
Is Spider Man PS4 a Sony game? The Ori games are Xbox games.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
You can't be serious.
Spider-Man released 2018. Insomniac acquired 2019. You can’t be serious mate.

They’d released an Xbox exclusive merely 4 years prior to Spider-Man.

Serious ‘you made that? i made that’ vibes.

Top Bottom