• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite Sony game of the ps4 generation

What's the best sony PS4 game

• Bloodborne

• Uncharted 4

• Horizon zero dawn

• Gran turismo sport

• God of war

• Spiderman

• Days gone

• Death stranding

• The last of us part 2

• Ghost of tsushima

• The last guardian

• Dreams

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Insomniac do not make Spider Man without Sony.
? I never said they could, Sony were granted the rights to make a video game and probably funded Insomniac to make the game? It was still Insomniac that made the game though, and they were an independent studio. If I give you £300k to build me a house and give you the blueprints I haven’t built the house myself.

Fredrik

God of War for me. Wasn’t perfect, needed more bosses and enemy variety, but was the best and played like a metroidvania in how gear upgrades unlocked new paths. Liked it more than Ragnarök.

Poltz

? I never said they could, Sony were granted the rights to make a video game and probably funded Insomniac to make the game? It was still Insomniac that made the game though, and they were an independent studio. If I give you £300k to build me a house and give you the blueprints I haven’t built the house myself.
That isn't how game development works though. Sony and MS actively are involved with these published games.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
That isn't how game development works though.
Insomniac made Spider-Man.

From Software made DeS and Bloodborne, they’ll probably make future exclusives for Sony too. Anyone could have funded those games though.

I don’t think there’s much value in me replying further.

BouncyFrag

Oddly enough, Days Gone. It’s by no means perfect but it’s the only game in the poll I still enjoy replaying. I do hate Booser and Schiszo (spelling!?! Wtf?) with the intensity of an exploding galaxy. I still have yet to play it on my PS5.

568e3d1c-2553-4c9f-8a6a-695be0fdd2bb.54a9bd61321d9d13cb20f47976bf4914.jpeg
The music 🔥

kyussman

Death Stranding,The Last Guardian,Bloodborne......very difficult to really single one out tbh.What a list of games that is though,Sony on fire last gen!!!

Perrott

Gold Member
Yeaaaah it’s not though. Could Sony have made those games on their own? No. They are Miyazaki games. Just like Ori aren’t Xbox games, they are Moon games. I don’t care who owns the rights, I don’t care who funded the projects, I don’t care if Japan Studio made themselves available to help. They’re just From games.
Japan Studio themselves pitched the project and concept to FromSoftware, they just made it into a game. It is a Sony game.

Last edited:

Doom85

Bloodborne is a total 10 in my book. Death Stranding is a 9.5, and TLOU Part 2 and GOW 2018 are both 9s. Enjoyed some others on the poll as well, but those 4 were my personal faves of Sony’s library that gen.

TheTony316

Yeaaaah it’s not though. Could Sony have made those games on their own? No. They are Miyazaki games. Just like Ori aren’t Xbox games, they are Moon games. I don’t care who owns the rights, I don’t care who funded the projects, I don’t care if Japan Studio made themselves available to help. They’re just From games.

lol ok.

Aenima

With the exception of Dreams, played, beated and loved all the games listed. That says alot about Sony output for my tastes.

Its hard to pick my favorite, but voted Death Stranding for its original concept, i also really loved the game.

ToadMan

Ghosts for me. Loved that game - in fact I saw someone playing it and seeing the opening credits again gave me chills - time for another play-through I think.

Bloodborne should probably have been my pick, but I just couldn’t get through it with the frames and resolution on PS4P. Impatiently waiting for some rerelease.

But in truth there are some wonderful games on that list. PS4 really had a good exclusive library of games and a lot of them new IPs too.

It was just the hardware was unable to keep up with the vision at times.

3liteDragon

All the options in that poll are Sony first-party titles since they were published by Sony, so calling them "Sony games" or "Xbox games" makes sense, the publisher's actively involved throughout the development process. It's a little different when it comes to Bethesda or Bungie imo since they're still publishing their own games (Starfield by Bethesda & Destiny 2 by Bungie). Psychonauts 2 is an Xbox first-party game, XGS purchased the publishing rights for $13M when they acquired Double Fine in June 2019 & the game continued development under Xbox before releasing in 2021.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

Bloodborne, GoW, and Ghost of Tsushima were all awesome. My vote goes to Spiderman however. My favorite Superhero game since Batman Arkham series.

stn

Its between Bloodborne, GoW and Tsushima, for now. I'm close to beating TLOU2 so I'll see how I feel after that.

Last edited:

X-Wing

It's hard to pick one but I think Ghost of Tsushima due to the setting, the story, the combat, the epic moments and the soundtrack.

iPaul93

Bloodborne and it's not even close. The second one would probably be TLG. Don't really care about the others. I played most of them, but I found them to be mid at best.

Last edited:

OCL

Why i can't vote ?

(I'ts Bloodborne btw not just the best PS4 game but the best game of the entire generation)

Robbinhood

Banned
That’s nearly impossible to choose, you can tell by how even the split is that it’s a quality lineup.

Best publisher in the biz. I voted for tlou2 because it’s my type of game but can easily pick 4 others.

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
Despite all the issues, Death Stranding is the most unique and refreshing. The feeling of solitude is really well done. Can’t wait for the next game.

I also liked The Last Guardian quite a bit. It is a shame we’ll never get a sequel despite the huge cliffhanger.

Last edited:
Top Bottom