• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's Your Hype For Street Fighter 6?

How hyped are you for Street Fighter 6?

• Day 1 Purchase!

Votes: 102 38.3%
  • Will Depend on Reviews

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • I'll buy it at a Discount

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • What's Street Fighter 6 When You Have Tekken 8 ?

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • I am done with Street Fighter

Votes: 53 19.9%
  • Mortal Kombat 12 please...

Votes: 27 10.2%

• Total voters
Personally, I've skipped out Street Fighter 5. But 6 is looking fire imo and it's been forever. I suck at fighting games by the way, but the good part is someone sucks even more at them than I do in a random online match. So I'll just pretend I am good :p

Can't wait to give it a shot!

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

CUqFQw8VAAAIV_O.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
2D fighters feel archaic to me ever since Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur years ago. Hard to genuinely get invested in the online like I do with those.

I'll get it just for the single player content, much later after several discounts. Hopefully that is worth it since it looks like they've focused on that a lot.

Kacho

Gold Member
Lukewarm. I'm an ultra casual fighting game player so it really depends on how fun it is to play solo. I like to sample a bunch of characters, play through the story mode and dick around when I'm in the mood. Even though I like Street Fighter, it really hasn't done much for me in years. I tend to stick to games like Tekken and Mortal Kombat which are way more fun to pick up and play solo.

Saber

Gold Member
Very low. Some things about this game seems off, focus on CyC(did anyone asked for this) and the game looks surprisingly western, with focus on some cringey characters.
Not everything about it is bad though, but I feel like this game is doing alot of effort to keep me away. I'm not even that fan of Tekken and that game looks more appealing to me.

Lukewarm. I'm an ultra casual fighting game player so it really depends on how fun it is to play solo. I like to sample a bunch of characters, play through the story mode and dick around when I'm in the mood. Even though I like Street Fighter, it really hasn't done much for me in years. I tend to stick to games like Tekken and Mortal Kombat which are way more fun to pick up and play solo.
Would you say Street Fighter is more technical than Takken is? I feel like MK is the most arcade-like.

Kacho

Gold Member
Would you say Street Fighter is more technical than Takken is? I feel like MK is the most arcade-like.
I don't think so. Street Fighter is more about the mind games in 1v1 and you lose that against a computer. It's why I struggle to sink significant time into the games these days.

Tekken has insane depth, but you don't have to become an elite player to have a good time. I love the mode that feeds you CPU opponents one after another. You rank up and unlock stuff in the process. It's fun to jump into from time to time.

Madflavor

June is far too crowded as is, and I'm more hyped for FFXVI and Diablo IV. I think I will get SF6 once the inevitable Champion Edition comes out, but these days I'm kinda done with fighting games. I don't like competitive games in general, and I'm not good at Fighting games in particular.

Mortal Kombat is an outlier because Netherealm puts a ton of effort into Story and extra content. Japanese Devs just do Arcade, VS, Training and Online for their fighting games. So it's much less fun for me to sit down, get my ass beat for an hour, and then get frustrated and lose interest.

splattered

I cant even vote on this at the moment... The main characters themselves look fine but the generic storyline stuff looks so bad. I'm scared they're going to focus too much on that part of the game and the rest will suffer because of it. I want really badly to just say yeah this is going to be great and preorder the ultimate edition... but then part of me says wait for reviews and a small part of me says don't even bother. Torn for sure.

I cant even vote on this at the moment... The main characters themselves look fine but the generic storyline stuff looks so bad. I'm scared they're going to focus too much on that part of the game and the rest will suffer because of it. I want really badly to just say yeah this is going to be great and preorder the ultimate edition... but then part of me says wait for reviews and a small part of me says don't even bother. Torn for sure.
I feel like you'll end up being tempted by forum threads at release and buy it anyways 😆

MagnesD3

Very, it's my most anticipated thing happening this year besides the potential Elden Ring DLC. I cant wait to have a great online Street Fighter Experience, I plan on getting pretty good with Marisa, Jp or Deejay (maybe all 3 who knows).

Hopefully 3rd Strike characters like Dudley will show up soon.

ns6

Neo Member
The revamp of the way they're doing online multiplayer with placement matches that drop you into a certain rank (rather than everyone starting at rookie), and character-specific ranks (so you can be a plat Ryu but not have to risk your rank if you want to try our Juri, for example) has me extremely hyped.

I probably wouldn't expect a banger if you're a single-player only person, though.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'll buy it day one but it's the least hyped I've been for SF in a while. Tekken 8 looks so much better.
I wish they'd give SF a break this gen and give us something like Darkstalkers 4 instead.

-Zelda-

Banned
I am done with street fighter. Give me Mortal Kombat 12 instead.
Tired of 4-5 different versions of street fighter before you get the entire roster as a code.
I have no friends that play SF anyway, so no point there either.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I'm usually the Tekken guy, but Tekken 8 doesn't interest me much. The problem is even if I get Street Fighter 6 I won't play it for long. I also don't like the way the characters look in Street Fighter 6. I'd rather play new DOA or MK.

Last edited:
Hype 0.

In the past we had games that appealed to both casual and non casual crowd, but now days you either go full casual + gimmick or fail miserably.

The game is not really beautiful but it's not bad the only thing that makes me want to puke is that trash easy parry system...

They are trying to hard to give caduals a chance to perform their own Evo moment 37, it's disgusting.

I really want a small indie company try to make an old school "Controll Space"(like ST but less unbalanced) based fighting game.

Aenima

Not really a fan of the upgrade model using season passes. Earning currency in SF5 by playing the game to purchase new characters was good in theory but the grind was too much and u still missed alot of content from the season passes. So my plan is to wait some years and by the end of the gen purchase the game in a more "complete" state.

Some fighting game mechanical tips for new or returning players:

Spacing is when the the opponent is close enough to land a heavy attack, which is the only attack that matters. Otherwise it's like a game of soccer when no one scores until the last 3mins of the game.

Recovery is what you do after raging about disconnects and poor netcode. You'll eventually calm down.

Hit Stun is what the audience will be, stunned, after you punch your competitor in the face at a tournament, because he found a way to exploit the invincibility frames the developers never intended. Then you gave the rules committee multiple right hooks and a metal pipe to the groin region for allowing it in the rules. Also stunning the spectators. Sometimes you may choose to beat the *** out of them too, but always plan the escape route in advance to evade law enforcement if you do so.

With these tips, you'll be able to win at the most deep complex fighting games at a master level in no time. Like Smash Bros and Evil Zone, the most complex technique dependent fighting games ever made.

Buy my book.

I don’t like the aesthetic and art design of SF6 it looks like they are trying to move away from the Anime look which I prefer.

Hope it turns out to be a good game though

dezzy8

My hype level for 6 is real low. I’m still buying day one because I love the SF series and it looks like the launch isn’t going to be disastrous like 5 was. Project L has all of my attention though.

Banned
I really don't like the answers...

I'm most likely not gonna get it day 1, but I also won't wait for reviews, because imagine thinking gaming outlets can accurately review a fucking fighting game 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

and I also won't specifically wait for a discount either.

so I literally can not answer 🥲
my answer would be "I'll get it when I have time to get around to it."

Last edited:

Fake

SF6 not looking good for me IMO. Bunch of bad choises, mechanics and the OST by far the worst of SF games to date. IDK wtf is going on with OST in recents games. Trash after trash.

I still playing SF4 btw, I guess I gonna keep playing for long time.

Last edited:

stn

Deluxe edition pre-ordered. I've spent more time playing Street Fighter than any other gaming series in existence. Very hype for this game and hoping it delivers.

Edmund

Extremely high. 11/10.

Already preordered the ultimate edition and my friends have all already preordered the deluxe edition.

I organise monthly street fighter sessions at my house with my friends.

My hype level for tekken 8 is massive too but sf6 over tekken 8 for me.

MrMephistoX

Pretty high but skeptical because I just never got into V even though it vastly improved post launch. They seem to be headed in the right direction though with the launch roster.

nikos

I'm hype and hopeful that I will be able to get into it.

Street Fighter IV was one of my most played games ever. Made lots of friends because of it, including my now best friend since 09. Went to EVO as well as other tournaments a few times, which was fun.

Couldn't really get into SFV for some reason. Could've been the timing of its release or just the way it played. Really hoping that changes with SF6. The beta was fun but I'm still not sure if I'll get into it as much as SFIV and prior entries.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I adored SFIV....I'm old now, don't think I can hang with the decent crowd on these games anymore, but man I have a soft spot for street fighter.

5 was a let down, so I'm hoping this..with its world tour mode will be excellent. I'm very happy with cwpcom lately so I have high hopes...

Basically put me in the, I have a semi on for it.

Last edited:

NahaNago

Kind of low. Will most likely be a day one since I like the updated graphics a little bit. I never really got into the last one. This new style just isn't doing it for me even though I do think it looks nice. The music hasn't captured me as well. I'm mostly just buying it because I find it interesting.

Top Bottom