• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's Your Hype For Street Fighter 6?

How hyped are you for Street Fighter 6?

• Day 1 Purchase!

Votes: 102 38.3%
  • Will Depend on Reviews

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • I'll buy it at a Discount

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • What's Street Fighter 6 When You Have Tekken 8 ?

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • I am done with Street Fighter

Votes: 53 19.9%
  • Mortal Kombat 12 please...

Votes: 27 10.2%

• Total voters

amigastar

After seeing a video on World Tour it might be fun after all. Didn't look much forward to SF6 in general but it could be really fun.

Codiox

Preordered it, refreshed my arcade stick (new sanwa stick) and can't wait to go deep into SF again.
Cant wait for the first local tournament! bring it on!

cireza

Banned
I only give a couple fighters a try every gen, and SF isn't in the list. I stopped caring for Capcom fighting games during the Dreamcast era. CPS2 was peak.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
mortal kombat nintendo GIF

Maximum hype. I did not enjoy 5 and wasted a lot of money on it; I think largely because of nostalgia stages like Cammy's SF2 stage [which is still better in sf2].

SF6 has a great looking roster with great looking new characters. The art style is tighter than 6 as well.

I play a lot of online, more so than SP, and I am a pretty good player, but I hope the single player offerings are fun as well!

I also want to say I hate how SF6, Tekken, MK will all likely come out in the same year. I wish they were spaced out more.

nbkicker

Strange how sfv says its using upto peak 30% of my gpu and when playing sf6 it plays at 10% odd peak to 20% at 4k max settings on both, im sure sony have done a deal with capcom to have this on ps4 and thats hold it back a bit, love streetfighter series and like the sf6 beta and demo but considering you no this game is gonna be out for 5 yrs at least it gonna be graphically dated by then

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
on a scale of 1 to 10? My hype is: YouTube it if it has a story mode, or of there are any good fights like EVO moment number 37: Daigo (Ken) vs Justin (Chun Li)

Last edited:
It's my favorite franchise of all times and this iteration seems really, really good. So yeah, once it launches there is no other game for me.

Last edited:

Edmund

Gold Member
For those who didn't get into the first two closed betas, you'd be amazed by how great the Netcode is. It's really brilliant!!!

And remember, DO NOT USE WIFI. PLUG A FUCKING CABLE INTO YOUR CONSOLE/PC WHEN PLAYING FIGHTING GAMES. NO EXCUSES!!! NO IFS NO BUTS!!!

Business

Fired up the demo and was sent into the story mode which I desperately tried to skip but it kept me doing silly stuff at 30fps with a generic character I had no interest in playing. I quit before I played anything, was it so hard to just give me two characters, one stage and here I go? The fact I'm a bit of a boomer probably didn't help.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I've played a few rounds and I'm liking it. I'm not sure how I feel about world tour, but it's a novel approach to online multiplayer.

KO7

I don’t buy a lot of games, and almost-completely skipped SFV, but I’m incredibly hyped for SF6.

Have the Hori SF6 Edition Fightstick preordered, as well as the Mad Gear Collector’s Edition too. Might forgo the Collector’s Edition, but wouldn’t know which of the other 3 editions to go for.

UncleMeat

I'm extremely hyped. SFV is probably my most played game ever but I haven't played much the last couple years so I'm definitely ready to dive back in.

I am a smidge worried about drive rush and just the game overall being more complicated, I liked playing a simple character (Ken) is a simple game, but hopefully my old man brain can adapt.

Also not loving all the Ken changes either but we'll see. I'll be one of the nine players in the universe playing this on xbox too so that's pretty cool...

Open Beta can be preloaded on Steam.
The dedicated item for it is broken though - you have to go to the general Street Fighter 6-page in the store, apply (access is granted instantly) and then download.

The Open Beta starts in 14 hours and will last for 3 days.

Top Bottom