• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's Your Hype For Street Fighter 6?

How hyped are you for Street Fighter 6?

• Day 1 Purchase!

Votes: 102 38.3%
  • Will Depend on Reviews

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • I'll buy it at a Discount

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • What's Street Fighter 6 When You Have Tekken 8 ?

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • I am done with Street Fighter

Votes: 53 19.9%
  • Mortal Kombat 12 please...

Votes: 27 10.2%

• Total voters
It just looks like more of sf5 which i really hated. everything seems sluggish. all these drive mechanics are kind of confusing me. there doesn't seem to be much in the way of juggle combos which i liked in third strike and 4. I'm probably not getting it.

I don't understand the complaints of sluggishness. Seems very similar sf4 and 5 to me ...is there any demonstrable reasoning for this "sluggishness"?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Honestly after 5 I think I'm all street fightered out. I still buy fighters but their more niche like DNF and Granblue, anime fighters really.

I just don't have that excitement for Tekkan or Street Fighter for some reason. I would buy a new soul calibur though.

Looks like you can do some FADC-like combos with the Drive Rush-mechanic. That gives me hope it'll be more fun than V.

Overall I'm torn with little hype, but it's still a day 1-purchase.

Looks like you can do some FADC-like combos with the Drive Rush-mechanic. That gives me hope it'll be more fun than V.

Overall I'm torn with little hype, but it's still a day 1-purchase.
From my time with the beta, SFV is better overall at this point, and more fun. There is more going on, more match up specific tech, and character variety and character balance is great outside of Luke. Right now, Drive feels great, but is really homogenized, where the V-System felt very personal and individual. Street Fighter 6 will ultimately end up in a better place than SFV if history tells us anything, but as of now, I'll give the nod to SFV. It's had like seven years of refinements, so it's hard to beat with a day 1 entry. SF6 definitely has it's high notes though, and will take it's day in the sun.

Mobilemofo

Gimme a game and arcade stick combo package and I'm fuckin on it. I ruled Blackpool arcades playing hyper fighting..the ps5 pads just don't feel right when playing street fighter.

Mobilemofo

Not really a fan of the upgrade model using season passes. Earning currency in SF5 by playing the game to purchase new characters was good in theory but the grind was too much and u still missed alot of content from the season passes. So my plan is to wait some years and by the end of the gen purchase the game in a more "complete" state.
Great plan. I also wait a while before buying new games these days. Usually buggy as fuck at launch, plus waiting will get you a cheaper, fully patched game a few months down the road. It's common sense. In the meantime, play something from the backlog.

Filben

I have no history with SF. Played the demo and I rarely use this word but this time 'cringe' is so fitting for the NPCs. The pacing is godawful. Constant bantering, text messages, long and weird pauses between spoken sentences, nothing of substance is said. A rare case where I started to skip everything because it was just hurting to wait and read and listen to that. The fighting itself wasn't spectacular either.

Guess you'll be playing it for online matches. But I don't play fighting games online. This game is certainly not made for me. Hence, no hype, no buy.

Last edited:

nbkicker

Been a fighting fan since playing the origional streetfighter in the arcades, i even really enjoyed sfv from the beginning, loved the beta, but after playing the demo , the world tour mode is just trash to me, will only play it if there is a load of unlockables tied in with it, but just give me arcade modes and ill be happy, played the 1v1 on the demo for a lot of hrs now and even though not a ryu or luke fan cant wait till june to go through some of the new charachters as well as my main juri and cammy

From my time with the beta, SFV is better overall at this point, and more fun. There is more going on, more match up specific tech, and character variety and character balance is great outside of Luke. Right now, Drive feels great, but is really homogenized, where the V-System felt very personal and individual. Street Fighter 6 will ultimately end up in a better place than SFV if history tells us anything, but as of now, I'll give the nod to SFV. It's had like seven years of refinements, so it's hard to beat with a day 1 entry. SF6 definitely has it's high notes though, and will take it's day in the sun.
Maybe I just sucked at SF5 but it never clicked with me whereas I found the SSF4 series with its universal yet very versatile focus attack to be endless fun (which is why I'm looking forward to 6's universal mechanics).

nbkicker

Looks like we could be getting a few videos comming as a few people got to play a near/complete version of streetfighter 6

Last edited:
Great plan. I also wait a while before buying new games these days. Usually buggy as fuck at launch, plus waiting will get you a cheaper, fully patched game a few months down the road. It's common sense. In the meantime, play something from the backlog.
This game will be constantly updated for the next 8 years along with the players in it, so a "complete" version is no where close to being released. You would be better off waiting for a Street Fighter 7 announcement before buying this one if you are looking for a complete package that doesn't need updates and patches.

KiteGr

Buy when the "Complete Edition" comes out.
As much as I loved Fighting Games, they are unapproachable now. The game will release at full price with 10 - 14 characters, and by the end it'll have 40, mostly separately sold ones.

You must be chump to buy fighting games at launch nowdays.

sigmaZ

I skipped 5 so I'm not burnt out from the series. I liked the promise of the story mode, but the demo doesn't let you save progress so I will probably just get the full game. I'm hoping they have a lot oof clothes and collectables.

Played the demo and just kinda felt meh about it. Could only try out Ryu or Luke, who I have no intention of playing as so I lost interest real quick.

I’m glad they brought it back for Xbros, but I’m remembering how many versions of 4 I bought on 360, and I’m realizing I can wait for the “Complete” edition later.

Honestly can’t think of any fighters in general I’m excited for; the genre seems to have stagnated again. Sure there’s plenty of releases but nothing stands out. My mainstays are 3rd strike and Killer Instinct (2013), which I can always play a few games with a brother or friend and have a good time. Don’t think I need to get any new game to have that experience.

[Sigma]

Cant wait to go through these later at home, especially ones in 4k, after the let down of redfall surely capcom can keep on its winning streak with this game

Best mainline SF vanilla version ever on deck. Capcom hitting out of the park. The only thing I dread is the servers crapping out day one because you know that's going to happen lol.

Last edited:
Played 2 and some of 4 but not really bothered by it and I’m not good enough to play against others online.

Waiting on MK12 if that gets an announcement.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
The demo definitely knocked the wind out of my sails, but I’m holding out hope that the arcade mode is solid.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I voted for MK12. street fighter isnt for me but happy for the people who like it

amigastar

Is Street Fighter 6 an always online game?
Anyways i'm kinda hyped, don't really know how it will turn out. I don't quite like the artstyle.
And i don't really care for the World Tour mode, i wanna just play og Street Fighter with the og characters. Not interested in creating my own character.

Last edited:

Rickyiez

I spent thousands of hours on SF4 and SFV so obviously I'm hyped.

Not a big fans of the world tour but the gameplay freedom this time is dope. Reminds of SF4 again

I know it's day -1, but Dhalsim looks a bit stale compared to his SFV variant where he's the best he's ever been. The design is ok, but his moveset just looks dry as of now.

nbkicker

Is Street Fighter 6 an always online game?
Anyways i'm kinda hyped, don't really know how it will turn out. I don't quite like the artstyle.
And i don't really care for the World Tour mode, i wanna just play og Street Fighter with the og characters. Not interested in creating my own character.
It will be like sf 5 prob, u can play offline for 1vs1 and arcade etc but prob any ingame currency or stats prob wont update without online

Wait, wait, wait...hold up...
They changed Dhalsim's teleport input to just a direction and all three buttons? Ok Capcom, I love you, but you will have some convincing to do with that one.

93xfan

Banned
So do we know who the final boss is in arcade mode? Will it be different per character, or a real main boss that is unannounced so far?

So do we know who the final boss is in arcade mode? Will it be different per character, or a real main boss that is unannounced so far?
I think in SFV everyone had their own arcade mode with different opponents and whatnot, so I'm guessing it will be like that.

nbkicker

If anyone is the boss then think it gonna be jp, unless capcom keeping the best secret ever and there gonna be a unlockable boss , but considering how much leaked from capcom including charchters last yr i think its gonna be jp

nbkicker

Starting to think capcom knew what they where doing giving luke and ryu as only two charachters in the demo,as going from someone who never touched luke in sfv , starting to enjoy playing luke in the sf6 demo and putting combo together, to now thinking will be deffently trying out luke when get sf6, although theres prob only jp, manon,blanka,guile and ryu that wont be rushing to learn or practise with out of the 18 charachters, still think cammy,juri, ken and dhalsim will prob be my top 4 picks when playing online

Not too fond of the roster except for Kimberly who's an improved Guy.

Wishlist for Super Street Fighter VI:

Fei Long
Sagat
Ibuki
Yun
Dudley
Cody
Adon

nbkicker

Not too fond of the roster except for Kimberly who's an improved Guy.

Wishlist for Super Street Fighter VI:

Fei Long
Sagat
Ibuki
Yun
Dudley
Cody
Adon
for me out of that list would only want iibuki,cody and maybe dudley, although the first lost of dlc with akuma,ed,rashid and aki dont think im bothered about any of them, hopefully for season 2 dlc next yr they add more female charachters either some new ones or return laura , karin, sakura, akira etc

Hot5pur

Was not hyped because of dislike for visuals, but then after upgrading to an OLED monitor things are looking much better, might be interested again.
Very up and down with this game for me. Hopefully the final visuals on PC are better.

Top Bottom