• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's Your Wishlist For The Elder Scrolls 6?

- Better supporting characters that have interesting story's to tell, like Serana in Dawnguard

- Spellcrafting

- No voiced protagonist please

- Set in Valenwood or Summerset Isle

- Oblivion style guilds

- Seasons

- No loading screen when entering city's and buildings

- Sailing would be cool if set at Summerset Isle

CloudWolf

what?

I'm sorry did you just not do any of the story missions? I was constantly fucking swarmed by dragons to the point I will make a new game and avoid the story missions to prevent the god damn dragons.

Yep, at soms point I just started to zone out as soon as that music started to kick in. 'Fuck, another dragon'.

I agree with the other poster about the dangerous enemies. If you're going to introduce (or re-introduce) dragons or some other big monster, make them more rare and much harder to beat. Look at how Souls games handle dragons and drakes, they are fucking scary. In Skyrim you can easily kill a dragon with your bare fists. Hell, I've seen packs of wolves take down dragons in Skyrim.

Jacknapes

None of the settlement building that was in Fallout 4. I liked building a property with the Hearthfire DLC, but i was put off Fallout 4 due to the settlement building stuff.

If they want to add something to Elder Scrolls VI, perhaps moving the Hearthfire stuff up a notch and letting you build somewhere inside a pre-built settlement (i know you get the chance to buy a house in Skyrim from each Jarl, but improving it to allow it to be custom built would be good for me.

Someone mentioned seasons earlier, i'd like to see that in a new Elder Scrolls game. And add elements of the Survival mode in (if it's cold, you have to wrap up otherwise you'd freeze).

Guild joining to be freshened up. You start off by being allowed to join 1 Guild of choice for nothing, however if you want to join more you have to do quests for another Guild to be able to join (this is before doing Guild related quests (aka If you join the Thieves Guild, there is someone in that Guild who can help you get into the Dark Brotherhood as they know someone in that Guild).

Rhoc

Hardcore/Survival mode were you have to eat,sleep and wear the right clothing.

Also equipment should have more variety. That should be the job from the developers not the awesome mod community.

Drazgul

None of the settlement building that was in Fallout 4. I liked building a property with the Hearthfire DLC, but i was put off Fallout 4 due to the settlement building stuff.

The Sim Settlements mod makes it a ton better in Fallout 4; instead of just sitting on their asses, the settlers actually build their own buildings, you just allocate the lots for said buildings. It's gradual and happens over time too (instead of a complete house just magically appearing), which is cool.

Keasar

Good story.

Good sidequests.

Better written story.

Better written sidequests.

A story that is enjoyable.

Sidequests that are interesting.

A main story with a villain that doesn't make you roll your eyes like a cement mixer.

Sidequests that aren't absolute nonsense.

In short, my wish is that Bethesda get themselves a writing department.

Ushay

- Climbing as a skill
- Combat for both melee and spellcasting. It's utter shite, always has been.
- Focus on lore like in Morrowind
- Bring back the Dwemer.
- Bring meaningful companions, dialogue, quest tree, romances (look at Divinity for example)

Daeda

I'd transform the universe a bit to break from some of the fantasy tropes that we're getting used to by now. I'd set the game in the Black Marsh area and do a "timeskip" of sorts, with the marsh being colonized by non-Argonians and partially drained to support profitable farmland. Get a good writer and make it a reference to the history of Southern US states. Also add some early "industrialization", so we get a grim tale of the destructive effects of colonialism.

Zojirushi

I want some game mechanics that are actually fun to engage with, especially combat related.

I was ok with it in Oblivion because I didn't know better but it wore off relatively fast for me in Skyrim and if TES6 doesn't bring some serious improvement I'll probably have to pass.

Ambient exploration is great in Skyrim but at this point it only gets you so far if you want me to dump another 60-80 hours into a game.

If they have to prioritize then they should maybe reduce the pure amount of stuff that is in these games and rather polish up some core mechanics.

Vintage

A clear improvement, not just TES 5.5.

And focus on sandbox, choose your own adventure, that's the strongest part of the series.

Remove skills
3 spells - Fire, Ice, Lightning
No books
Voice acted Protagonist
No Dialogue options
6 characters per city
Can't kill any NPC

Kalamoj

My biggest wish are quests/events with actual impact on the game world. But that applies to all open world games.

120v

main conflict that isn't outright urgent and apocalyptic. i want it to make sense that i have time to dick around crafting banish daggers, finding some asshole's family relic in a bandit den, ect.

kind of glaring to do all that against a backdrop of dragons devouring the world, finding your infant son, or whatever. my main beef with recent bethsoft games

Mr. Bad Example

Neo Member
Good story.

Good sidequests.

Better written story.

A main story with a villain that doesn't make you roll your eyes like a cement mixer.

I was coming in to say "A Thieves Guild questline that isn't a pile of nonsensical hot garbage", but yeah...all of this.

CloudWolf

I was coming in to say "A Thieves Guild questline that isn't a pile of nonsensical hot garbage", but yeah...all of this.

I honestly don't remember any of the guild plot lines of Skyrim, except that at one point you were hiding in a coffin with a talking corpse in the Dark Brotherhood. They really fucked up with the quests in Skyrim.

bosseye

• Hire some decent writers
  • No voiced protagonist
  • A main quest that isn't billed as something desperately urgent. F4 quest for your missing son simply did not work when you're off doing other stuff all the time.

I enjoyed Skyrim, but it was quite simplistic, F4 was a step down again.

Nessus

Biggest wish is they don't put in a voiced protagonist.

Other than that I hope it's in Black Marsh and I wanna fly.

Agreed on both counts.

Black Marsh could be such an interesting setting if you read the lore, closer to the weirdness of Morrowind than the generic fantasy of Oblivion and Skyrim.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
- Online Co-op
- Better melee combat
- non-leveled loot
- non-leveled enemies
- new land mass that is at least as large as skyrim
- better story

Very unlikely. That's what TESO is for.

Nah, its coming. TESO is getting old.

Swarlee

No main story. I'd rather see several big quests that I can stumbled into.

More guild interaction and consequences for joining them.

Better loot system. This is something the Elder Scrolls has never gotten right.

Keasar

Supposedly it is very hard for a sandbox do-what-you-want game, urgency and such.

I think Fallout: New Vegas did it excellently. You had the main premise "I wanna find the guy who shot me for carrying a special chip" is a more "relaxed" premise rather than the very urgent "I NEED TO FIND MY INFANT SON!"

Finding the guy who shot you, for possessing some kind of special chip, is more a detective story that is about clues coming up through time and exploration, nothing urgent like if they added "I wanna find the guy who shot me AND plan to nuke New Vegas, knowledge of this is why I was shot!!"

They really need to learn to write a story like that if they wanna keep this "Oh look a sandbox do whatever you want" gameplay. And then of course learn to write side quests to do that makes people give a piss.

KageMaru

Take notes on mission structure from Witcher 3.

Writing and story as good as Morrowind.

Minimize level scaling even further than what we saw in Skyrim.

That's all I ask for.

aravuus

No voiced protagonist, no settlement building, no dialogue wheel. In short, forget FO4 ever happened.

Better quest/dialogue writing would be great too, but I doubt it'll happen.

Better combat gameplay and better loot (not everything has to be hand placed, but just stop with the endless scaled loot). I don't think enemies should be scaled either.

Xater

I just want to enjoy a TESO game again like I did Morrowind. So stopping with the simplification would probably be a good start.

hypernima

Banned
Good story.

Good sidequests.

Better written story.

I dunno what was worse. This or The DB questline.
Especially after playing Oblivion's DB questline.

Fix the dang game economy. Holy crap there was a point in Skyrim that making money off selling things was a hassle because it was hard to find merchants that actually had money to sell me things. The biggest merchant in a big city shouldn't only have 1000 gold to their name to buy things from me when I sell them stuff.

pottuvoi

Banned
Do not force player to be some legendary character, let player create their own journey.

Proper dynamic world in which player actions and/or actions of AI can spawn missions. (To AI and player.)

Information propagation with possibility for corruption of said information. (Lies, planting evidence.)

Please do not make characters impervious to most interactions, really breaks the illusion when you cannot interact with them properly.

In general, make world more open to experience all the strange and fun things a proper sandbox game can offer.

Tovarisc

New game engine. Old one is dated and held together with chewing gum and duct tape so it's time to move into modern era. This will never happen tho.

Better writing and main narrative that isn't so obvious and uneventful because of that. This also isn't going to happen.

shimon

New game engine. Old one is dated and held together with chewing gum and duct tape so it's time to move into modern era. This will never happen tho.

Better writing and main narrative that isn't so obvious and uneventful because of that. This also isn't going to happen.

Dude they have to change the engine at some point,right? Right?

Top Bottom