• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When did you get your first gray hairs?

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Mid-30s here. Starting to get grey hairs in my beard.

I want to take this opportunity to point out I also have one pube-like hair that grows out of my forehead above my right eye.

It's obviously a glitch; it's like Bethesda designed me, am I right?!?!

Laugh Lol GIF by GEICO

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Mid-30s here. Starting to get grey hairs in my beard.

I want to take this opportunity to point out I also have one pube-like hair that grows out of my forehead above my right eye.

It's obviously a glitch; it's like Bethesda designed me, am I right?!?!

Laugh Lol GIF by GEICO
Man, I have like one or two eyebrow hairs that are long as fuck above each eye. They blend for a while but once they start getting so long they grow away from my eyebrow line, I pluck them…I swear they are so deep that I also pull out a small portion of my frontal lobe at the same time 😂

dave_d

My first was when I was 20. I pretty much completely blame the french class I was taking at the time for messing me up so much that it start me going gray early. Oh for those in college that are wondering "Is the foreign language requirement really as necessary as my college/uni says it is?" I can give you a definitive answer. No it isn't, they're lying their asses off, they don't care, it's a hoop to be jumped through so screw them and avoid it like the plague it is if you can. (Yeah, I'm a little salty about the foreign language requirement when I went to college. Not sure if I was clear about that.)

H4ze

I spotted the first small batch on the side of my head in ny early 20's. But to my luck, it has not gotten any worse, its just that these few hairs even now, with 31.

BlackTron

I noticed my very first gray hairs in my early 20s, but they were really rare. They became more frequent a few years ago, but nowhere near enough for me to actually give a shit. But over the last year and especially lately it really ramped up and they're all over the place in full force lol. I'm 37. I don't think I'll REALLY start getting nervous till I start losing hair.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
First white hairs on my head & beard in my early 40's.
My first white tit hair about 6 months ago 😆
40's is a normal age to start though. My Dad is full white at 65. My wife started finding my grey hairs at 33, beard and eye brows moreso than a couple years back. I was almost forced to dig up that troll 'GAF is old' thread from last year. We all could have chimed in back then and said, "And your ear hairs aren't long and grey yet?"

YCoCg

Early 20s. I had a natural Rogue stripe for the longest and that was it. Not nearly as big as Rogue's was but it gives you an idea.

x-men rogue GIF

At this point there's more peppered in and my stripe is less prominent.
Same here! Did you always get people asking if you dyed your hair "to get that look"?

ssringo

Same here! Did you always get people asking if you dyed your hair "to get that look"?
Nah. Was in the military so it short enough that it wasn't especially noticeable. Anyone who did notice probable assumed it was just gray from the stress. Which was probably accurate...

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
40's is a normal age to start though. My Dad is full white at 65. My wife started finding my grey hairs at 33, beard and eye brows moreso than a couple years back. I was almost forced to dig up that troll 'GAF is old' thread from last year. We all could have chimed in back then and said, "And your ear hairs aren't long and grey yet?"

You shave though right
?

Koppelthorn

Banned
I got my first grey hair pretty recently, big strand just full on grey. I'm really young too all things considered so I'm not sure if that's a good sign :messenger_dizzy:

Haven't noticed any yet but I do shave my head a lot so it's hard to tell. My beard is still very brown with some ginge tinge to it but there is a tiny little patch under my lip that looks white under certain lights. I'm in my early 30's.

Wait until you have to groom your eyebrows.
iu

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Haven't noticed any yet but I do shave my head a lot so it's hard to tell. My beard is still very brown with some ginge tinge to it but there is a tiny little patch under my lip that looks white under certain lights. I'm in my early 30's.

iu

So you're a ginger.

Around 22/23 unfortunately, and just built since. I'll be 34 in a couple weeks and probably at least 1/3 grey right now, maybe more. I don't mind it, it's evenly distributed and my hair is almost black otherwise so it's a good salt and pepper look. Beard is still 99% black, a grey pop up every now and then there when it's longer but not much.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Probably mid 20s for random gray hairs here or there. It's not till my 40s that I have actual grey in my hair though although my hair is mainly still color just a little salt and pepper at the sides.

Last edited:
Top Bottom