• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is my Elden Ring Vinyl Collection?

Bergoglio

Bandai Namco have opened up preorders for a vinyl box set for the soundtrack of Elden Ring, they say "available summer 2022" but we are approaching september.

It's sold out since the announcement in February. I already paid 150 euros for this and the summer is ending.

Kuranghi

Fuck I should've bought this to sell it on.

Be prepared to wait long I say, I bought the iam8bit Essential Edition release of the Persona 5 OST in December 2020 and it only came in March this year :messenger_grimmacing_ I stupidly only bought one copy and now its on ebay UK and going for £200 sometimes. I'm going to wait until its going for £300 before I sell it.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll get it soon if it was the official store like that, worst case Christmas I say.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I can’t imagine anything dumber than analogue records for printing music from the most digital medium of all time in 2022, and I say this having bought the Xenoblade Remastered limited edition with the included vinyl.
Bonus idiot points if the vinyl is the only and/or the most complete edition of the soundtrack.
Release the fucking music in lossless format on digital stores, you bakas.

Kuranghi

I can’t imagine anything dumber than analogue records for printing music from the most digital medium of all time in 2022, and I say this having bought the Xenoblade Remastered limited edition with the included vinyl.
Bonus idiot points if the vinyl is the only and/or the most complete edition of the soundtrack.
Release the fucking music in lossless format on digital stores, you bakas.

I buy some overpriced vinyl sets to sell on but there are other reasons I want to own physical media of music thats easily available digitally, I personally just chose vinyl because the art is larger size and it will last longer than CDs. I want something thats separate from my PC and phone, that can't be skipped back and forth easily to force me to listen to it all.

I like having the lossless digital versions too for when I'm outside the house of course and I prefer "perfect" digital versions as opposed to "analogue authenticity" bollocks, I fucking hate crackles haha. It is mad that lossless digital versions don't come out first though yes, since those are the source files.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I buy some overpriced vinyl sets to sell on but there are other reasons I want to own physical media of music thats easily available digitally, I personally just chose vinyl because the art is larger size and it will last longer than CDs. I want something thats separate from my PC and phone, that can't be skipped back and forth easily to force me to listen to it all.

I like having the lossless digital versions too for when I'm outside the house of course and I prefer "perfect" digital versions as opposed to "analogue authenticity" bollocks, I fucking hate crackles haha. It is mad that lossless digital versions don't come out first though yes, since those are the source files.
I like having the choice, if you care about durability and album art.

But I’m thinking about situations like Ikaruga. The game has an incredible OST, yet it took the soundtrack 19 years to get an official release, and it’s vinyl only. No digital release, no CD. Fuck off with that!

Also fuck games that have actual lossless audio, but the soundtrack is available separately only in lossy quality.

Kuranghi

I like having the choice, if you care about durability and album art.

But I’m thinking about situations like Ikaruga. The game has an incredible OST, yet it took the soundtrack 19 years to get an official release, and it’s vinyl only. No digital release, no CD. Fuck off with that!

Also fuck games that have actual lossless audio, but the soundtrack is available separately only in lossy quality.

Yeah I feel you on the Ikaruga front man, I was also waiting for that since I first played it back at university 17 years ago, I snaffled it on vinyl last month, the art is supremely good. If it hadn't been for me getting into the records I'd be annoyed too.

I would say I'd digitize the vinyl and send the "lossless" tracks to you but it's not the same obviously.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I would say I'd digitize the vinyl and send the "lossless" tracks to you but it's not the same obviously.
Haha, thanks pal, I already found them a while ago (y) I have a music rip of pretty much every version of Ikaruga that’s come out, but I’d gladly have shelled out the money for an official one… except not on vinyl.

Kuranghi

Haha, thanks pal, I already found them a while ago (y) I have a music rip of pretty much every version of Ikaruga that’s come out, but I’d gladly have shelled out the money for an official one… except not on vinyl.

Thank god I have this soundtrack now so I can impress women when I bring them over, nothing turns a woman (any woman) on more than seeing me dance in my pants to Butsutekkai. Then afterwards saying "if you dont beat the bosses within a set time limit they retreat!" behold the look on their faces:

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Top Bottom