• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where To Buy Bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsarien

daedsiluap
eBay is really your best option.

(If his board is old enough, it's quite possible that the chips aren't soldered to the board, or were removed outright. It's a pretty reasonable question.)

This is what happened:

Couple years ago I attempted to update the bios which went unsuccessfully. A few weeks late there was a HAM Radio show, and they sell a whole bunch of old computer junk, I found the same mobo with bios for like $25 bucks. So I grabbed the bios and updated it(this time it worked). So I've had a bios-less mobo for a few years, I have a enough spare parts to piece another system, except the bios =|.

Iwill btw is the company, I should give them a call, although they've discontinued support for it like a couple years ago.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I actually had to purchase a new BIOS chip for an IWill mobo last year. I think it was still supported though, as the board was only two years old. Additionally, even if they have some spare chips sitting around, it will probably cost too much to be worth ordering. I think I had to spend around $20 after shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom