• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which big Q1 2022 game will get delayed next?

Which hotly anticipated Q1 game will budge?

• Total voters

Umbasaborne

Banned
Q1 of any year has become the dumping ground for games delayed out of the holidays. But its inevitable that one of these titles will budge, to avoid being canibalized by the other large, delayed releases.

Personally I think that GT7 and Sifu will yeet the fuck out of that time slot into either the summer time or early fall. Sifu looks great, but its an indie game, and ive gotten smart enough over the years to never believe a gran turismo release date. I could see dying light getting delayed again, but they have to know how awful that would make them look at this point.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Saints Row. 6 months from announcement to release for a big IP reboot is wild in today's industry.

tony19957

Neo Member
Definitely Saints row reboot. As much as the heads are insisting on not changing the elements of the game, the response is almost overwhelmingly negative. Plus they haven't even shown us any proper gameplay yet, dont know how polish it even looks. AAA game releasing in Feb 2022, and yet no gameplay, ugh thats a bad sign

Umbasaborne

Banned
Definitely Saints row reboot. As much as the heads are insisting on not changing the elements of the game, the response is almost overwhelmingly negative. Plus they haven't even shown us any proper gameplay yet, dont know how polish it even looks. AAA game releasing in Feb 2022, and yet no gameplay, ugh thats a bad sign
What was weird about saints row to me, wasnt the characters or vibe, i actually liked it quite a bit, it was that they seemed to have had gameplay ready to go yet chose to reveal their game with a cg trailer?

Zones

You forgot to put Elden Ring in the poll.

It really feels like that Q1 of 2022 alone has as many big games as the whole 2021, which to me is ridiculous because sales cannibalization is guaranteed if things stay the same.

Umbasaborne

Banned
You forgot to put Elden Ring in the poll.

It really feels like that Q1 of 2022 alone has as many big games as the whole 2021, which to me is ridiculous because sales cannibalization is guaranteed if things stay the same.
They wont, one or more games will likely budge if history tells us anything. This happens every year. A bunch of games get strategically delayed out of the holidays to q1, then delayed again to the end of the quarter or some time in the next if they can get a way with it. It happens every year like clockwork.

Zones

They wont, one or more games will likely budge if history tells us anything. This happens every year. A bunch of games get strategically delayed out of the holidays to q1, then delayed again to the end of the quarter or some time in the next if they can get a way with it. It happens every year like clockwork.
True, and the reason why this occurs often is because calendar year Q1 is still part of the financial year for most companies, and the delay from Q3 to Q4 of the FY doesn’t frustrate investors as this small delay barely impacts stuff like overall income, sales, company schedules, etc.

But then when the time comes and the game is not ready, the game studios once again plea with the bigwigs of the corporation for more delays, but this time they justify it as a ‘strategic’ move to get out of the heavy competition during that period.

I remember when Days Gone was delayed, it said the main reason was to avoid the ‘crowded February’, but when the game came out in April of that year, it clearly still needed more time in the oven.

Kuranghi

The gameplay they showed looked rough imo, its in the overview/dev video they did:

It looks the exact same if not worse than SR3/4, which is just embarrassing given how old they are.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I don't see Elden Ring getting delayed. To me it seems like From waited to show anything until it was near completion, so at this point I don't see it getting delayed.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Despite not being listed, Elden Ring is my pick.

MrS

Banned
GT7. No need for it to drop in such a packed window. Give it the space it deserves and move it to Q2 or Q3.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Gran Turismo 7. The series is notorious for being delayed.
I'd like for Gran Turismo 7 to be delayed if it meant it'll be playable offline. I still can't believe that dumb decision

I'm mad just thinking about it
Angry Wrestling GIF

Top Bottom