• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which dev makes the best FPS?

Best FPS dev?

• ID

• Respawn

• Valve

• Dice

• Treyarch

• other, specify

• Bungie

• Machine Games

Results are only viewable after voting.

CuNi

343 and Bungie.
Valve hasn't done a "real" shooter in ages so it's hard to judge if they'd still have it in them, but back in the day they were pioneers obviously.

And Destiny 2/Halo 45 both have extremely good gunplay.
I let story out of the equation for obvious reason.

Assaulty

I'd say it has to go between Valve, Bungie and ID, although I could also see treyarch

Valve for obvious reasons. Counterstrike is still a juggernaut after all those years.

ID has the best feeling arena style shooters in the business and both recent DOOM games are of very high quality in all aspects.

Bungie deserves this spot even though I really do not like Destiny. But the gunplay is always snappy and smooth.

Treyarch is a weird one, because I personally do not like Call of Duty for a whole lot of reasons. But you just can't argue with their gunplay. The aiming is the smoothest in the business. I believe (apart from the insane magnetism/AA) every shooter should just copy how insanely smooth aiming in COD feels (looking at you 343)

Honorable mentions to Respawn. I don't think I've played a game of them where the gunplay wasn't insanely smooth and snappy.

makaveli60

id Software. They are on the top of their game ever since the beginning until this day. Not many developers like them.

mansoor1980

BONNIE ROSS

Bonnie-Ross.jpg

NoviDon

Killzone 2 multiplayer has the most addicting and visceral gun mechanics I've ever experienced
If were talking the sheer amount of games with great gameplay, its Bungie
The best multiplayer games that I have played overall, were all from dice. BF1 BF4 BC2

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Infinity Ward, in fact it's kinda insulting that you listed only Trayarch and not them.

FingerBang

You can criticize it as much as you want, but Destiny is still in a league of its own. It's amazing.
But also ID, Doom 2016 and Eternal are fantastic.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
ID, obviously.

Could be Valve if Gabe unglued his fat sweaty arse from his office chair and started cracking his whip.

*Shout out to Lobotomy software who will always get a pass from me after delivering one of the best shooters ever back in the day.

Top Bottom