• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game delayed to spring/first half of 2023 will get delayed again?

Umbasaborne

Banned
You know how it goes at thus point, some publisher gets way too cocky and announces an unrealistic release date/window, developers need to put out an apollogetic tweet a few months later saying it was delayed to the next year. This happened with several big titles already that were set for 2022. So far…

Test drive unlimited solar crown
Star field
Ea sports pga tour
Redfall
Next zelda game
Forspoken
Kerbal space program 2
Suicide squad: kill the justice league

Have all been delayed to a nebulus spring or “first half of the year time frame”. So of these games, which ones get pushed to fall 2023, or even 2024? My bet is suicide squad getting pushed to the fall.

Bonus question: is pragmata real or is it the next Deep Down?

Laptop1991

Take your pick, it's the normal now, i hope it isn't Starfield, but i wouldn't bet money on any release date these days.

NahaNago

I'm also on the starfield delay bandwagon. I thought they should have just delayed it to 11/11/23 instead.
Forza should be okay.
That red game should be good to go.
FF16 should be good to go as well as Forspoken. I thought Forspoken getting a delay was weird after all of the gameplay we've seen of the game already.
Suicide squad game I guess and since that got delayed I guess they will delay that batman game. Haven't we seen more gameplay of the batman game than the suicide squad?
We barely have dates for anything Sony or Nintendo.
Who knows on the Zelda game. I'm kinda surprised it has been taking them so long to make this game. Then again they could be holding onto to it for the next gen switch. The switch
will be 6 years old in March so selling it in winter holiday and then selling the upgraded version in March of 2024 seems like something they might do but then where is metroid?

Elios83

Given Bethesda's track record with performance issues and bugs in their big games plus Microsoft's traditional obsession with holiday releases, I think no one will be shocked if Starfield ends up like Halo Infinite with a full year delay.

jm89

Didn't Todd Howards say they were putting the "finishing touches" on Starfield?
71b.jpg

Umbasaborne

Banned
Test drive Unlimited and Redfall would be my two bets.
Yeah, for me tdu and suicide squad would be mine. Tdu especially because they keep delaying it, and have only shown cg trailers

I think starfield is far enough along that it likely
Makes it in the first half of next year. Maybe not spring, but definitely by june

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Zelda, Starfield and if Harry Potter is delayed to next year, Suicide Squad.
I think hogwarts getting delayed til spring 23 is a lock at this point, given that we are in july
And there isnt a release date in sight, they will probably wait to announce the new 2023 release date at the next state of play. And if that happens, suicide squad will most definitely get pushed to the fall.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Starfield and suicide squad

I have faith the end product will be fun for starfield at least, certainly can't say the same for suicide squad though
Like i said, i think starfield will hit in the first half, but if harry potter gets delayed til the spring, which is seeming more likely each day it doesnt get a release date, then suicide squad will definitely be a fall title

Umbasaborne

Banned
Breath of the Delay 2
Yeah, gosh, nintendo is so hard to read. On one hand, the total radio silence about that game makes a spring 2023 release seem very unlikely, but on the other, nintendo is the type of company that will announce games 30
Days before they release. Who knows, nintendo could come out on feb 28th and say “here is a suprise zelda direct with the release date” and the game comes out on like march 31st

As for Starfield yes they did give us a window. But like GoW Ragnarok that window can turn into a release date. Pretty sure they are confident they can hit that window (like GoW) but they are unsure of the release date. If it does get delayed it will probably still be a 2023 game. Definitely not expecting a delay into 2024.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I thought this thread was a stealth diss at Starfield but seeing that list I'd say test drive and Suicide squad are the most likely...Based on nothing though.

You know how it goes at thus point, some publisher gets way too cocky and announces an unrealistic release date/window, developers need to put out an apollogetic tweet a few months later saying it was delayed to the next year. This happened with several big titles already that were set for 2022. So far…

Test drive unlimited solar crown
Star field
Ea sports pga tour
Redfall
Next zelda game
Forspoken
Kerbal space program 2
Suicide squad: kill the justice league

Have all been delayed to a nebulus spring or “first half of the year time frame”. So of these games, which ones get pushed to fall 2023, or even 2024? My bet is suicide squad getting pushed to the fall.

Bonus question: is pragmata real or is it the next Deep Down?
My bet is on Forspoken. In fact, I think it will get delayed a second time around Spring as well, and probably not release until next holiday.

Umbasaborne

Banned
My bet is on Forspoken. In fact, I think it will get delayed a second time around Spring as well, and probably not release until next holiday.
See, if not for the wording square used id agree with you. They called it a “strategic delay” which means it was likely moved to get out of the impact zone of call of duty and god of war. January will be a much deader month for it to shine

See, if not for the wording square used id agree with you. They called it a “strategic delay” which means it was likely moved to get out of the impact zone of call of duty and god of war. January will be a much deader month for it to shine
I hope you are right, I’m looking forward to playing it.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Didn't Todd Howards say they were putting the "finishing touches" on Starfield?
I suspect the game will launch end of next year in such a state that we’ll all be baffled at how he could make a statement like that one year prior.

Last edited:
I suspect the game will launch end of next year in such a state that we’ll all be baffled at how he could make a statement like that one year prior.

I never played a solid Bethesda game at launch. They always seem to be buggy and have game breaking issues. My worst experience was with Skyrim on the PS3. I’m really hoping that Starfield launches in a much better state than previous Bethesda titles.

Top Bottom