• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game has the most detailed character models in 2021?

nkarafo

I was very impressed by the polygon count in the models of Horizon Zero Down a couple of years ago. But after taking a look at the models of Resident Evil 8, using the model viewer, i think this is the new king. The fully equipped soldier models are particularly impressive.

2P8myrs.jpg

v58AK5j.jpg

Last edited:
Not too sure, I didn't play most of the game came out this year... I think Death Stranding DC should be still on the podium, with something like Battlefield and maybe Fifa?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm still impressed with Demon's Souls as a launch title when creating a character. Looks straight ripped from Blender.

Cryio

Senua from Hellblade is definitely tops when it comes to overall visuals. She feels a generation ahead the rest of the game honestly.

Also Marcus from Gears 5. Just wow.

Last edited:

Melfice7

tlou 2 is ridiculous. they often look like real people, its the combination of modeling quality and animation

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Final Fantasy VII Remake characters look very impressive, in many ways better than those of Advent Children, which is to say something. And it's just a last gen title!
dissidia-tifa.jpg
Thats from Dissidia NT not from FFVIIR.

DeepSpace5D

The model viewer for TLoU 2 is the most impressive I’ve seen. I spent my points on the Bloater model recently and it looks grotesquely incredible when zoomed in on it.

I tried a couple times to upload a screenshot from my PS5 but it keeps saying upload failed after reaching 100%. I’m not sure the best way to do it.

Last edited:

nkarafo

The model viewer for TLoU 2 is the most impressive I’ve seen. I spent my points on the Bloater model recently and it looks grotesquely incredible when zoomed in on it.

I tried a couple times to upload a screenshot from my PS5 but it keeps saying upload failed after reaching 100%. I’m not sure the best way to do it.
It needs to be lower resolution or take less space i think.

nordique

Do the Planes in Microsoft Flight Simulator count as characters? Because some of them are insanely impressive

Celcius

°Temp. member
Final Fantasy VII Remake characters look very impressive, in many ways better than those of Advent Children, which is to say something. And it's just a last gen title!

af194061f09f4ef38a149b0b1c57f007.jpg.webp

Cloud_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

xirp3hG.png

ZLCx37r.png

2510225e6f88677adfe2.94169544_FFVIIR_March_Screenshots__23_.0.jpg
This is my vote, Extremely impressive what they achieved on PS4 / PS4 Pro.

T0minator

I guess we should change the title to this thread.

Most people here are naming games released before 2021.

My pick is probably Guardians of the Galaxy for this year. The year hasn't been too amazing with character models, Ratchets fur and raytracing is amazing though,

Next year is going to awesome with character models

Top Bottom