• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Gaming shows are you watching this week.

Which game shows are you watching this week?

• LRG3

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Summer Games Fest Live

Votes: 85 55.9%
  • Netflix Geeked

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Tribeca Games Spotlight

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Guerilla Collective Showcase

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • Wholesome Games Direct

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Future of Play Direct

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • Future Games Show

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase

Votes: 118 77.6%
  • PC Gaming Show

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 27 17.8%

• Total voters

Kagey K

Banned
E3 might be dead this year but it seems like a lot of shows are there to step up for the missing pressers this week.

LRG3 on June 6 @ 4 pm ET

Kicking things off on Monday, we have Limited Run's third summer gaming showcase, with the official site promising "over 30 awesome game trailers and physical release reveals."

Summer Games Fest Live June 9 @ 2 pm ET

The Geoff Keighley Show is back this year and aside from Microsoft's showcase in its usual Sunday evening slot, Summer Game Fest Live will likely be the best place to see some big new games. And Geoff. Lots of Geoff

Netflix Geeked June 10 @ 1 pm ET

Netflix is running themed shows every day next week, with Friday's being focused exclusively on gaming stuff. The schedule says we'll be seeing the likes of the new Cuphead, Sonic, and Tekken shows among others, plus some Netflix games and likely a few new announcements of either games or shows based on them.

Tribeca Games Spotlight June 10 @ 3 pm ET

A curated showcase of some prime indie titles, with behind-the-scenes deep dives into all nine of the announced games.

Guerrilla Collective Showcase June 11 @ 11 am ET

If indie games are your jam, you're not going to want to miss this one. The lineup for the show is mostly already on the Guerrilla Collective site already and there are some fantastic titles.

Wholesome Games Direct June 11 @ 3:30 pm ET

Fans of comfy and colourful wholesome games will definitely want to tune in for this.

Future of Play Direct June 11 @ 1:30 pm ET

Expect even more indie love here,

Future Games Show June 11 @ 3 pm ET

GamesRadar's own gaming show has been attracting more and more big names over the years, with the 2022 showcase set to include around 40 games and be hosted by Denise Gough and Doug Cockle.

Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase. June 12 @ 1 pm ET

This is the big one, with a lot of eyes on the House of Xbox hoping to see what the future of the platform looks like.

PC Gaming Show June 12 @ 3:30 ET

The site says there will be more than 45 games featured, name-dropping the likes of Arma and Space Marine 2 and mentioning reveals from Klei Entertainment (Don't Starve, Mark of the Ninja) and 11 Bit Studios (This War of Mine, Frostpunk).

Busy week for shows are you all in or all out?

Kagey K

Banned
I expect Summer Games Fest and The Xbox/Bethesda show to win by a mile but I expect some other fun stuff will be shown at these smaller shows.

Possibly Future Games show has potential to show a couple bigger unannounced games.

Shubh_C63

Probably the first time I am not watching anything.
Now I am preferring coming back from office, getting a beer and playing all the trailer I miss in one go daily.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Summer Gamefest and MS show.

Never heard of most of the others.

Won’t watch it (I’ll read a recap) but I’m interested to see what kind of games Netflix shows, how the do it and how good they are.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'll watch the Xbox / Bethesda show, didn't even know about the others, but will not watch anything Geoff Keighley presents.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Good job putting up that list OP.

I would have missed other shows otherwise.

Will try to watch em all. If not, definitely will watch xbox and summer game fest live.
TBH I only thought there were 3 this week. It was when I started digging that I found the other ones.

Some of them have done very little to advertise thier event.

Since I only care about the actual games, and not corporate BS, I find it pointless to actually watch any of these shows. The trailers will be available to watch right away, and I don't have to listen to Todd Howard lie to me again.

NahaNago

I think it's scheduled for 90 mins or so right now.

That could change though.
Then I will watch it then. I thought it was some event where they introduce a game and then have the developer explain it for like 30 minutes to hour and then move on to the next one.

Kagey K

Banned
Then I will watch it then. I thought it was some event where they introduce a game and then have the developer explain it for like 30 minutes to hour and then move on to the next one.
Usually they do a presser style bang off and then deep dives into the games after @ E3, I think they will be doing a similar format so you can dip once the "stage show" is done.

Kagey K

Banned
I see. I must have jumped on during the deep dive last time.
Yeah that's where they sit down with the devs for 5 - 30 mins and they talk while random gameplay is happening.

It can be OK for a bit but if you watch multiple channels you just hear and see the same footage and soundbites over and over.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
You don't need Xbox to play Xbox games. It's not 2013. But okay, there are tastes and then there are "tastes". Wow.
For some it's better to be ignorant than feel like you are missing out.

I like to see all things going on in the industry so I watch all conferences regardless of if I own the platform or not.

Same I used to keep up with wow even though I've never even played it long enough to hit lvl 10 with a char.

Ignorance is bliss, and I won't fault them for it unless they come into a thread and try to act like an authority, with no background.

Zannegan

Since moving to Japan, I mostly just catch recaps or replays since the time difference makes it a pain to watch live. I'm not about Geoff these days, so I'm mostly just looking to see what comes out of MS and the PC games show.

It's a pity Sony isn't showing up in a big way. Granted, their last few E3 shows weren't great, but you always hope for a comeback/blowout. I used to love the E3 drama and competition between them and MS. Oh well.

On that note, are we not expecting a big ol' Nintendo Direct? Bummer.

Thabass

My picks:

Summer Games Fest Live
Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase
PC Gaming Show
Pretty much mine as well. I doubt it, but I wonder if the Guerilla Games Showcase will display Death Stranding 2. Seems to be in the works.

Ignorance is bliss, and I won't fault them for it unless they come into a thread and try to act like an authority, with no background.

Xbox is putting out some top tier creative stuff out there right now.

It's funny people get fed up of Assassin's Creed style 3rd person games, then assume xbox games would be similar cause they are Western developers.

Kagey K

Banned
t's a pity Sony isn't showing up in a big way. Granted, their last few E3 shows weren't great, but you always hope for a comeback/blowout. I used to love the E3 drama and competition between them and MS. Oh well.

On that note, are we not expecting a big ol' Nintendo Direct? Bummer.
As of right now they have nothing announced, but they still could if they wanted to.

It would be amazing if the put a Direct up and that way it could feel more like a proper E3.

Either way there's going to be lots of news coming, with or without them.

Kagey K

Banned
Probably just Xbox/Bethesda and maybe Summer Games Fest.
Tribeca is going to have a deep dive into A Plagues Tale. Just saying.

The Simpsons Flirting GIF

People continue to underestimate the PC gaming show. Good. It can keep surprising people with sleeper hits and out of nowhere announcements.

Fbh

I'll probably have Summer Game Fest running in the background as I work. And I'll be watching the Xbox one.

Don't really care much about the rest. I'll just check out the 1-2 interesting things from the other events on YouTube.

R6Rider

Gold Member
You left out the Devolver Digital Not E3 show.

I'll probably watch 3 or 4 of them depending on what else I'm doing those days.

Top Bottom