• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

which GTA should remake??

which should remake

• gta3

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • gta vice cities

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • gta san andeas

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • gta4

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • none just make new game pal

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • gta stories

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • gta2

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • gta

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
remake with gta6 world engine real remake not groves street games crud

gta-san-andreas-man-looking-around-i7dtp5ed0a0bdqbj.webp

SnapShot

none of the GTAs need remakes, they are products of their time and each one that was released can be considered an improvement upon its predecessor/prequel/game that was released before it..etc

Last edited:

Eimran

Just make new games. I don't trust Rockstar after the trilogy disaster.

I'm already 33 and still want to experience GTA 7

EDMIX

GTA SA might be one of the most loved, but I'd actually love to see a remake of the very first 1.

Bigger question, which team should be tasked with the remake? Cause that is a massive undertaking

I thought that too at first but I think what really makes GTA 2 for me is that it's essentially an arcade game and the top-down perspective does a lot to facilitate this. If R* were to remake it, they'd fuck that up for sure.

I would love them to remake it in todays resolutions and with nice effects, but still as fast arcade game with top down view. Could be a fun side project with only one team being involved.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Remake GTA:SA

But this time, make a real world size map.

Just the city of LS needs to be at least 500mi2, making it almost the same size as LA.

Same goes for the other cities in that game, so Las Venturas needs to be same size as real world Las Vegas.

The surrounding countryside also needs to be massive, but making it the same size as California might be overkill, so it might be wise to limit this to a maximum of 1000mi2.

Also, use the GTA6 engine at the very least.

Jakk

I'm sorry, but if you take off your nostalgia goggles, it makes no sense at all to remake any of the 2D era GTAs. Those games pretty much had no story and were kind of outdated even during the time of their initial release. Remaking them to be up to current standards would mean completely changing everything. At that point, you can just make a new game. Also, it wasn't until GTA 3 the series really took of.

As for the 3D era GTAs, remaking such old games in a completely new engine is still a lot of work, especially for games as big as GTA. I'm not sure it would be feasible to outsource such a project and I would very much prefer if R* focused on new games.

Lupin25

4 needs a revision. NY’s densely populated boroughs and crime mobs. By far the best open-world, car physics & GTA as a whole.

Won’t happen though because 4 is what set the stage for 5 later in the gen. Rockstar has yet to even remaster it. Probably scared of their own products competing with each other.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
None of them, and they never will. Beyond a pointless endeavour.

Laptop1991

San Andreas but properly, not a port of a mobile game with modern software and hardware combined and just to point out they have made a new one called GTA 6 lol

Guilty_AI

I thought that too at first but I think what really makes GTA 2 for me is that it's essentially an arcade game and the top-down perspective does a lot to facilitate this. If R* were to remake it, they'd fuck that up for sure.
I honestly just wanted a modern game that followed it's formula. A true sandbox with true player freedom set in a modern/futuristic city, none of the movie stitch they do now.

Last edited:
As for the 3D era GTAs, remaking such old games in a completely new engine is still a lot of work, especially for games as big as GTA. I'm not sure it would be feasible to outsource such a project and I would very much prefer if R* focused on new games.

The remakes of the 3D era kind of already happened – they are called GTA IV, V and will be VI.

Sure, new characters and stories, but the cities itself are kind of remakes.

Jakk

The remakes of the 3D era kind of already happened – they are called GTA IV, V and will be VI.

Sure, new characters and stories, but the cities itself are kind of remakes.
I mean yeah, in a sense they have. This is another reason why I would prefer them leaving the old games be and just focusing on new games. As I understood it, people were mostly talking about almost 1:1 remakes which stay true to the original.

Maybe Double Eleven, who ported RDR1 to PS4/PS5, will also later port GTA IV and Max Payne 3. But I don't think we are going to see any full-blown remakes.

saintjules

It took Rockstar nearly 12 years to give us GTAVI and now you want to see a remake of another title?

GIF by Jason Clarke

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I don't really want to see any of them remade. I wish R* would have preserved the original GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas games instead of taking them down to sell the "definitive" versions. I'd have preferred just a simple uprez over what we got.

Bond007

None. I just like new stuff from them.
I dont have awhole lot of interest in revisiting the older games. There games constantly evolve and its hard for me to go back

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
San andreas I guess deserves a remaster, if you were a gamecube player you didn't get a chance to play it. People seem to rank it above the other Grand theft auto games.

Klik

Hope one day we'll get GTA set in New York again,made for 16/32 core CPU,200 teraflops GPU and 32/64gb ram. It will be glorious.

I'll probably be dead by then,since im now 67 years old😅

Last edited:
Top Bottom