• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which one of your friends do you see often these days?

Mondai

Gold Member
I have few close friends these days , but I see one of them at least once a week now , it really helps that we are in the same position (retired vets with disabilities) so we both don’t work (and I love going to his mansion too). We go out on frappe trips and just hang out and talk for hours, one of the best parts of the week for me.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Charlie Day Reaction GIF

Quasicat

Thank you for your service to your country. That‘s not something just anyone is willing to do.

My closest friends, whom are brothers that live together, live 800+ miles away. We meet up once or twice a year and play Fortnite every Tuesday and Thursday night for a few hours. It’s not that Fortnite is an amazing game, but it’s a great lobby for us to be doing something while we chat on the phone

wondermega

I used to be way more social (between work buddies and friends in my neighborhood, meeting cool people in the city) and then basically moving to the suburbs and so much of my industry switching to WFH has destroyed all of that (and I am still reeling from that). I don't really get much of a charge of relating to people on social media, compared to real life. Looking for that happy medium - let your friends know that you appreciate them, spend time with them in person.

Lady Jane

Banned
My sister is my best friend and we hung daily for the last 10 years. She recently moved across the country for a job and now I'm living a true married life where I only hang out with my husband. Legit need to make a girl friend. Applicants are open in Las Vegas btw.

killatopak

Gold Member
My bestfriend and I hang out from time to time. I actually prefer to stay home. I'm a bit of an introvert whereas he's the exact opposite. He just busts in on my home and forces me to hang out.

I'm glad I have him.

Doom85

Usually see my four closest friends (two married couples) at least every other Saturday. We‘ll eat, go see a movie, watch some anime, play board games, etc. and recently we started playing Dungeons and Dragons which is a blast (also a friend who lives a few states away plays with us via Skype). Been this way for almost 15 years now.

Last edited:
Mondai Mondai thank you for your service. We get to live awesome lives because of people like you.

I hang out with my best friend probably once every couple of weeks or so. (Before that, it was literally every day) But we still talk often and we still have a shit ton of fun when we get together. Although we're temperamentally a bit different, our interests and sense of humor are pretty aligned, so it's awesome.

We're also at different stages of life -- he's married with kids, and I'm still living a bit of a bachelor(ish) life, so he and his wife get a kick out of listening to my party and dating stories 😂

EDIT: I have a couple of other very close friends I talk to pretty often, but hang out with those friends maybe once a month or so. None of us have yet reverted to our pre-Covid hangout frequency.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I have friends I see weekly at church. I have one that I just flew across the country to see, and I haven't seen him in 3 years.

OOGABOOGA

Banned
I always hangout with my lil sister and one of my friends from work. All of them love video games(they are both resident evil, DMC and Final Fantasy heads just like me), music and all forms of entertainment Just like me. They are open minded so there is always new experiences to do with them. I have other friends but not so much in common, so I don't meet them as often.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Since the pandemic started, my neighbor became one of my best friends and I see him the most. In fact we were comparing our collections on our Steam Decks just the other day in his backyard. We had like five of the same games installed :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom