• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Version of Dragon Quest 11 Should You Play? - All DQXI Ports Reviewed & Compared

Bullet Club

My review & comparison of all of the ports of Dragon Quest XI, including a long overview of the changes made in Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition to hopefully help you determine which version you'd like to play. Thank you to Square for providing review codes for the PS4 and Steam versions of DQXI! The Definitive Edition contains a LOT of changes, from new features to extra content to quality of life changes. These all add up and earn it the title of Definitive Edition.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
All those QoL improvements in the Switch version make me glad I waited. This will probably end up being one of the best JRPGs of the whole generation, from what I've seen and heard of the game.

ethomaz

Banned
PS4 is the version I choose.

BTW some changes in Switch version I don't agree like the Forge can be used anywhere or the option to buy the material in the Forge already.

These changes makes these features dumb and not something you want to mess.

There is others addiction that were not welcome... it just break the game imersion.

Last edited:

Pejo

That's a very helpful video for seeing the differences. I took note especially about the part where SE supposedly was "Undecided on the matter" to bring the improvements and extra content to other platforms. That sounds an awful lot like "we want to get double dippers before we announce it" which I have gotten bit by in the past. Still, the downgrade isn't as bad as I expected for Switch, so I might just go ahead and double dip anyways.

FMXVII

All those QoL improvements in the Switch version make me glad I waited. This will probably end up being one of the best JRPGs of the whole generation, from what I've seen and heard of the game.

But we didn't get the Supplicant and HP Card bonuses that the PS4 got... nor did we hff wt the Drop Rate Vest.

Those were the best bonuses by far.

FMXVII

Once the Switch version was released did anyone think for a second it wouldn't be the definitive version?

Not once.

Which is why the fact that it isn't, is so very disappointing.

The lack of the PS4/PC bonuses really sucks.

It makes the only saving grace of the Switch version the fact that it comes with the 3DS version.

I have it on Switch, PS4, and PC.

So soundtrack modded PC is still champ. :/

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
hey so i finally reached the "new" content in DQ11S anyone else got there on switch?
i really don't like it.

ruins the pacing of the game.
everything else i love they added.
but this shit?

hell no

Rodolink

hey so i finally reached the "new" content in DQ11S anyone else got there on switch?
i really don't like it.

ruins the pacing of the game.
everything else i love they added.
but this shit?

hell no
Ruined how? (make sit easier? or something?) I want the Switch version only for portability otherwise id get PS4

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Ruined how? (make sit easier? or something?) I want the Switch version only for portability otherwise id get PS4
let's say it's just 1 chapter so nothing to worry.
everything else in the game is better then the ps4/pc
gfx are just fine.

but that new chapter? yeah fuck that glad it's over here

The Shepard

I found the switch demo to be to blurry and I waited on that version for ages, it's good in cut scenes but in game it's to much. I will play the game though on the PS4 Pro.

ethomaz

Banned
I just hope not all "new features" on Switch version come to PS4/PC late.

Some are really out of pace addiction s that make the experience worst.

MagnesG

Banned
That's a very helpful video for seeing the differences. I took note especially about the part where SE supposedly was "Undecided on the matter" to bring the improvements and extra content to other platforms. That sounds an awful lot like "we want to get double dippers before we announce it" which I have gotten bit by in the past. Still, the downgrade isn't as bad as I expected for Switch, so I might just go ahead and double dip anyways.
Lol, think about how this game being the first one announced for Nintendo NX and only just now was released. They'll lose either way and tons of people had already moved on and pissed.

Top Bottom