• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Nationalists in dismay after discovering that they had african DNA all along

boiled goose

good with gravy
I've never really seen the point in these ancestry tests TBH. Based on the fact I'm Irish I'm quite confident I've a mixture of Celtic and Nordic (Viking) DNA in me. Not that it really matters a jot, what changes after you get your results? "Huh, neat.....what now?"

Do you live in europe or the americas?

How recently have your ancestors migrated?

How many of your great grand parents do you have info about?

The answers might surprise you...
isnt everyone part African? The 1st ppl weren't from Europe

ohh thats even more pointless then

How is that more pointless? It's after those major migrations that genetics pools diverged into what may be perceived as different races.

yes, the idea of a pure white, true-sons-of-America class is the same as pretty much any other racist bullshit, which is an idea convenient to some people that want to get power or keep power but that does not hold up to any serious scrutiny. Increasingly so as the generations pass.

ezgif-2-964f0687a0.gif

fuckin lol

boiled goose

good with gravy
Various pacific islanders are sufficiently segregated from general migratory patterns enough that if you're looking for "pure bloodlines" you'll probably find a few there.

Being in an industry with tons of people interested in this stuff, lots of my colleagues and myself have done some of these tests.

You do find pure ish people. Even in immigrants which is amazing. Not the norm though. If your family has been in Americas for multiple generations the chances of african European and native American blood in you is quite high

Daedardus

Don't we all? I mean, white skin was an evolutionary mutational process that favored people living in areas with less sunlight. He should have checked his biology and history classes if he were not to be surprised.

I do wonder how accurate these tests are. On what type of genes do they test? How big is the percental error range? Giving that we reproduce through meiosis, genetics of more than a couple generations back become a huge guess work.

OraleeWey

You only need to go back 1000 years to have a total of 4,294,967,295 ancestors.

That's what makes me laugh when people say they're descended from some famous monarch or something. Umm chances are we all are.

We don't have that many ancestors... Which is why we are all related. Go back far enough, we all have the same common ancestor.

If you do the math and go back far enough, you will find that we "have" more ancestors than possible.

There was just 4-5 billion people on Earth around 1969. So... Not possible.

We don't have that many ancestors... Which is why we are all related. Go back far enough, we all have the same common ancestor.

If you do the math and go back far enough, you will find that we "have" more ancestors than possible.

There was just 4-5 billion people on Earth around 1969. So... Not possible.

I know, that's the point. The numbers get too big too quickly, we're all inbred.

FStubbs

You only need to go back 1000 years to have a total of 4,294,967,295 ancestors.

That's what makes me laugh when people say they're descended from some famous monarch or something. Umm chances are we all are.

2% or so of the world's population is descended from Genghis Khan and that wasn't that long ago.

Rayis

This is why this racial purity bullshit is ridiculous, we're all mongrels for god sakes, and sure as hell even if they weren't is not a reason to feel superior.

Do these idiots even understand that almost every piece of evidence points to humanity being born in Africa?

Racism is such a stupid concept.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Don't we all? I mean, white skin was an evolutionary mutational process that favored people living in areas with less sunlight. He should have checked his biology and history classes if he were not to be surprised.

I do wonder how accurate these tests are. On what type of genes do they test? How big is the percental error range? Giving that we reproduce through meiosis, genetics of more than a couple generations back become a huge guess work.

Lol.

These tests are pretty accurate and only get more and more accurate as sample size increases.

Some things like y chromosome genes and mitochondrial genes are a straight path all the way back your paternal and maternal lines, respectively.

KillLaCam

Banned
How is that more pointless? It's after those major migrations that genetics pools diverged into what may be perceived as different races.
Oh yeah, that actually makes sense to me.

The concept of Race is just extremely stupid to me so I thought "they might as well just go back as far as possible"

Jagernaut

They've traced and confirmed Thomas Jefferson and his lover/slave Sally Hemmings line.

Hemings-Jefferson.jpg

Sally Hemings was only 1/4 black and the half-sister of Thomas Jefferson's wife. Their children were only 1/8 black and would have been considered legally white under Virginia law at the time if their mother was not a slave.

Nafai1123

Banned
While hilarious, this also shows just how far gone these people are. They can't even question their beliefs when it's shown they are related to the people they hate.

There is no hope for them.

besada

Banned
I guess everyone's digging up whatever they had on file about nazis. The story is based on something that happened back in 2003. Still funny, but not exactly breaking news.

Sally Hemings was only 1/4 black and the half-sister of Thomas Jefferson's wife. Their children were only 1/8 black and would have been considered legally white under Virginia law at the time if their mother was not a slave.

I don't get your point or are you simply adding additional information.

Top Bottom