• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White tiktok influencer under goes surgery to look Korean. He is now "transracial"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortal

Gold Member
I dont think so. I have a line. What I feel is a reasonable one. I also don't support people who identify as animals. There's no science to back that up either. It's like the old joke of identifying as an Apache helicopter. Its get absurd after a point.
You can feel however you want no doubt but didn't provide a reasonable argument as to why one is valid but, not the other. You're arbitrarily choosing what you consider to be legitimate, there is an inconsistency here.

You're equating him identifying as Korean to being an Apache helicopter? Ironically enough, that's the very same thing people that dismiss transgender people as being illegitimate use lol.
Why is that the line, when it's all based on a feeling?

dr_octagon

Banned
if someone wants to dye their skin or cut off their legs, this is not normal. a woman put bleach in her eyes, blinding herself.

encouraging this behaviour does a disservice to people who need help and encourages others to follow an avenue to ruin. the financial and mental burden, both for the individual and others supporting this, has a real and long lasting impact. it doesn't address the underlying issues and the benefits are neglible compared to the lifetime impact and future challenges.

everyone loses.

I don't see how it is any less legitimate than trans other things. In fact, he still has the equipment to be a man, right? So it's more legitimate than a man saying he is a woman when he still has a dick.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
"Rachel Dolezal, a white woman who gained notoriety for claiming she identifies as Black, defends a TikTok star who says they "transitioned" races"

This sentence illustrates perfectly how confusing language has become thanks to the focusbon pronouns.

Who are "they"? The woman? The man? Both of them? Language should be as clear and precise as humanly possible, but everyone insisting on using a plural as pronoun have really mucked that up. Everyone bending to it is just piling on the problems.

Want a pronoun that's not he/her? Fine, but at the very least find something that means only one thing, and can't be confused with anything else.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
You can feel however you want no doubt but didn't provide a reasonable argument as to why one is valid but, not the other. You're arbitrarily choosing what you consider to be legitimate, there is an inconsistency here.

You're equating him identifying as Korean to being an Apache helicopter? Ironically enough, that's the very same thing people that dismiss transgender people as being illegitimate use lol.
Why is that the line, when it's all based on a feeling?
I'm well aware of the Apache helicopter meaning. Its supposed to be rediculous. So is this. Gender dysphoria has scientific backing. This does not. That's my line.

I'm well aware of the Apache helicopter meaning. Its supposed to be rediculous. So is this. Gender dysphoria has scientific backing. This does not. That's my line.

Why? How can you definitively say people can identify as a different gender but not as a different race? Has "science" conducted these studies? We're all the human race, by the way.

He certainly has more in common physically with a Korean man than he does a white woman. I'm struggling with the immense pushback on this from the allies.

MastaKiiLA

Uhhh…Yes it is. As others have pointed out, his rationale is no different than a transgender.

interesting that race can’t be changed, but gender and sexuality is fluid
How is this any different than a person being transgender? You can't even form a legitimate argument against it.
If this is bullshit then so is being transgender.

The funny thing is, this transracial thing probably has more "legitamcy" because people tend to have a certain percentage of another ethcity in their genes lol
It just fucking is. If I need to explain that, then you will never understand.

Some men are born feeling like a woman. Some women are born feeling like a man. We've known this since homosexuality manifests itself from a young age. You aren't born white, feeling like a black man. Fuck that noise. That's a load of bullshit. I'm black. Born black. Can't change the fact that I'm black. I'd have loved to have seen the world as a white person. How different that would have been. A lot less stress for sure. But it is what it is. Don't go get a tan, and then tell me you understand the struggle, because you fucking don't.

I got nothing against someone wanting to look like another race. Want to have surgery to look like an asian? Fine. Want to bleach your skin to look white? Fine. Saying you're transracial? Nah. You don't change your race. It took me a little bit of time to come around to the concept of transgender. But like I said, homosexuality has always been a thing, so it makes sense. Race has very strong ties to culture and oppression, and you don't just change your looks and take on that weight. Sorry, not sorry. I'll never change my mind on this. You can cram that semantic nonsense, because that cake don't bake with me.

Some men are born feeling like a woman. Some women are born feeling like a man. We've known this since homosexuality manifests itself from a young age. You aren't born white, feeling like a black man. Fuck that noise. That's a load of bullshit. I'm black. Born black. Can't change the fact that I'm black. I'd have loved to have seen the world as a white person. How different that would have been. A lot less stress for sure. But it is what it is. Don't go get a tan, and then tell me you understand the struggle, because you fucking don't.

I got nothing against someone wanting to look like another race. Want to have surgery to look like an asian? Fine. Want to bleach your skin to look white? Fine. Saying you're transracial? Nah. You don't change your race. It took me a little bit of time to come around to the concept of transgender. But like I said, homosexuality has always been a thing, so it makes sense. Race has very strong ties to culture and oppression, and you don't just change your looks and take on that weight. Sorry, not sorry. I'll never change my mind on this. You can cram that semantic nonsense, because that cake don't bake with me.

"It just is!" Is that how science works?

dr_octagon

Banned
Why? How can you definitively say people can identify as a different gender but not as a different race? Has "science" conducted these studies? We're all the human race, by the way.

He certainly has more in common physically with a Korean man than he does a white woman. I'm struggling with the immense pushback on this from the allies.
has science conducted a study to say people cannot identity as a cat or plant? why? it's a waste of time and resources.

MastaKiiLA

"It just is!" Is that how science works?
If you're just dense, and not just eager to diminish the efforts of transgender people to be recognized, then go ahead and look up the definition of cultural appropriation. Calling yourself asian, when you're white, is crossing into the realm of appropriation. Science can blow me.

People like this TikToker serve only to undermine the trans community, by making a mockery of something that's become accepted as the norm by even old heads like myself. Transracial...what a bunch of bullshit.

Last edited:
has science conducted a study to say people cannot identity as a cat or plant? why? it's a waste of time and resources.

Oh, really. It's a waste of time to see if a man can identify with other men of slightly different skin color, but it's totally legitimate for a man to identify with women. Just take a step back from all the propaganda you've been fed that got you to this point and really think about what you're saying.

You know we have mixed race people, right? Again we're all the same human race and we can have babies with people of other skin colors. So when a person is half black and half white, which one is he supposed to identify with? Maybe one more than the other, maybe both. Right? Does Kamala Harris identify more as Jamaican or Indian? Maybe it depends on what's more beneficial that day!

So we as people are a mixture of all these races and yet you say it's just preposterous for a man to say he identifies with a different one? That is less possible than someone saying they're a different gender? Do we have mixed gender people? I've heard of hermaphrodites but that is a very rare complication. Most of the world is born with either a penis or vagina, no mixing.

Am I the one off base with this? I'd like a decent explanation as to why.

dr_octagon

Banned
Oh, really. It's a waste of time to see if a man can identify with other men of slightly different skin color, but it's totally legitimate for a man to identify with women. Just take a step back from all the propaganda you've been fed that got you to this point and really think about what you're saying.

You know we have mixed race people, right? Again we're all the same human race and we can have babies with people of other skin colors. So when a person is half black and half white, which one is he supposed to identify with? Maybe one more than the other, maybe both. Right? Does Kamala Harris identify more as Jamaican or Indian? Maybe it depends on what's more beneficial that day!

So we as people are a mixture of all these races and yet you say it's just preposterous for a man to say he identifies with a different one? That is less possible than someone saying they're a different gender? Do we have mixed gender people? I've heard of hermaphrodites but that is a very rare complication. Most of the world is born with either a penis or vagina, no mixing.

Am I the one off base with this? I'd like a decent explanation as to why.
hallo

1. i said cat or plant
2. cite propganda pls
3. i never said anything about mixed race or mentioned any specific individual
4. you are conflating things around how someone wishes to to reference their own cultural and or ethnicity which isn't what i was talking about (also this point goes back to their actual genetics so i dunno why you reference this as an argument)
5. i make the distinction because race, gender, species and plants are different

i identify as Ted Bundy, pls let me express myself 🤡🌏

dc comics joker GIF

Patrick S.

Banned
If you can accept that a man who underwent surgery to become a woman is a woman, you should accept that this guy is now Korean.

Even better - if you can accept that a man who hasn’t undergone surgery but dresses like a woman is a woman, you should accept that this guy is Korean.
You should also accept that I am now the king of Europe.

hallo

1. i said cat or plant
2. cite propganda pls
3. i never said anything about mixed race or mentioned any specific individual
4. you are conflating things around how someone wishes to to reference their own cultural and or ethnicity which isn't what i was talking about (also this point goes back to their actual genetics so i dunno why you reference this as an argument)
5. i make the distinction because race, gender, species and plants are different

i identify as Ted Bundy, pls let me express myself 🤡🌏

dc comics joker GIF

No, YOU didn't talk about mixed race individuals. All you've done is say absurd things to discredit it. Ironically, if he did identify as a cat, that would be truly transracial. Cats are a different race from humans. So you want to go that route, that's absurd. Identifying as a human with a different skin color, not so much.

Progressives will never accept that. Race is the cornerstone of their whole ideology, if race is not absolute, their whole house of cards would fall.

You've got it. I'm engaging in logical analysis but that will never get through to them. In reality they're just mad about the thought of letting white people off the hook.

Svengoolie007 Svengoolie007

Here is a real quote from a scientist about the matter "When the fence of logic is removed and sheepdog of common sense is missing, stupidity and taxes are infinite." Albus Einstein.

I'm the one speaking logically. You're the one who is just fine with a man walking around a women's locker room at a spa with his wangdoodle hanging out. You're the one without logic.

CloudNull

Banned
I just got done talking to my Korean friends about this. It was interesting to hear their perspective.

They brought up a good point that many Koreans get surgery to look more white but they don’t call themselves transracial. They are just Koreans who got plastic surgery. This whole transracial thing is so dumb.

stn

I respect people for their freedom of choice, and I think nobody should be oppressed for the choices they make regarding their bodies (as long as they aren't hurting anyone else). But at the end of the day he cannot change his biology. You can change your appearance and even your physical features, but you still can't change your biology. What would he have done if this surgery didn't exist?

I just got done talking to my Korean friends about this. It was interesting to hear their perspective.

They brought up a good point that many Koreans get surgery to look more white but they don’t call themselves transracial. They are just Koreans who got plastic surgery. This whole transracial thing is so dumb.

They're not allowed to have an opinion on this. Only white liberals are.

oagboghi2

Can you cite the science that explain how gender dysphoria is real, but this isn’t.

Oh so now it’s feelings? A man “feels” like a woman, therefore he is one.

but a white man can’t “feel” like a black man, therefore he is not black. Who are you to tell this person his feelings are wrong?

none of this shit is based off of science. It’s not based off of observable reality, but people trying to interpret their complicated emotions. It’s funny watching people so confidently defend this when it comes to sex, but show their hypocrisy when it comes to race.

I respect people for their freedom of choice, and I think nobody should be oppressed for the choices they make regarding their bodies (as long as they aren't hurting anyone else). But at the end of the day he cannot change his biology. You can change your appearance and even your physical features, but you still can't change your biology. What would he have done if this surgery didn't exist?

Kind of like when a man declares himself a woman. 🤔

SJRB

Gold Member
So how does this even work? Do you walk into a plastic surgeon's office, slap 100.000 buckaroos on the table and say "make me Korean" and the surgeon is like "lol OK dude"

Aren't there like psychiatric tests and stuff?

Cyberpunkd

You can change your appearance and even your physical features, but you still can't change your biology. What would he have done if this surgery didn't exist?
At the same time however you have European Parliament ruling that if someone wants to identify as the opposite gender they shouldn’t be required neither to undergone hormone therapy nor to have a sex reassignment surgery. What sort of biology you are talking about? Skin colour ?

Of course I don't agree with it and I think this person is insane and addicted to their own self-image. However, I do think it's amusing seeing all the liberals who believe in self-expression, inclusivity, love , and supporting one another for coming out. Except, they are being just as vile and dismissive of this person's feelings for identifying as something else than the norm.

Anyways, who cares. I knew shit like this was gonna happen the more inclusive the LGBT movement got. For fuck's sake, we still have pedos trying to slither their way into the movement too. If he wanted to be Korean so bad, he could have just moved to Korea and became a citizen. The fact that this guy has slanted eyes and now thinks he is "Korean" is some of the most cringy and racist shit I have seen in a while.

CloudNull

Banned
At the same time however you have European Parliament ruling that if someone wants to identify as the opposite gender they shouldn’t be required neither to undergone hormone therapy nor to have a sex reassignment surgery. What sort of biology you are talking about? Skin colour ?
There is simple scientific biology. Woman have different chromosomes than men. This leads to less bone density for woman and more muscle mass for men. There are other factors but these are the most obvious.

Im cool with people identify however they choose but throwing science out the window is never the play.

Cravis

It’s sad…

You got one side making fun of him and just ragging the hell out of it.

Then the other side is celebrating and encouraging it.

This person has some serious mental issues and nobody bothers to stop and try to help

Frustrated Kill Me GIF

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
It’s sad…

You got one side making fun of him and just ragging the hell out of it.

Then the other side is celebrating and encouraging it.

This person has some serious mental issues and nobody bothers to stop and try to help

Frustrated Kill Me GIF
Welcome to the Woke age.

No one truly cares about mental health issues since the current dogma is to basically avoid the subject by supplanting it as a "feelings" issue.

mortal

Gold Member
Gender dysphoria has scientific backing because of several studies identifying it as a mental illness.
These cases would likely have as much scientific backing with enough studies. I'd argue what he's experiencing is very similar to gender dysphoria, just substitute gender for ethnicity in this case.
just fucking is. If I need to explain that, then you will never understand.
If that's the way it is according to you, then this is just as valid, because "it just fucking is"
Apparently some people are born feeling like they were born the wrong ethnicity, and in this case he feels like he's ethnically Korean.
Also just because you feel like something doesn't make you that thing. That's a matter of scientific fact.
However it is based on social acceptance and progressive ideologies regarding identity.

Also you're conflating being homosexual with being transgender which is a false equivalence. One is a sexuality the other is gender identity.

I mentioned this before, with the human gene pool being what it is, people tend to have a certain percentage of another ethnicity in their genetic makeup, whether it's 1/4 this, or 5% that, etc.
For example, many black Americans share a certain percentage of white genes in their families.
So in a way transracial argument has more validity to it based on that lol.

In your case what is your black identity based on? Black people have darker skin tones and white people have lighter skin tones.
You're not black, as in you literally don't have black skin, much like how white people don't literally have white skin.

What struggle are you referring to here? Are black Africans, or any black person for that matter, not considered black because they don't "understand the struggle" ?

Progressives will never accept that. Race is the cornerstone of their whole ideology, if race is not absolute, their whole house of cards would fall.
BINGO. This is why I've noticed many of them pretending this isn't even happening lol.
'If I just ignore it then it will go away' seems to be their rationale here. It's rather shameful tbh. Shows a lack of principles.

Last edited:

Its time to reopen the mental health hospitals and spend proper money treating and rehabilitating people instead of celebrating mental illness as if it is aspirational.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Shit like this is why people laugh at trans folks. They're never going to be taken seriously when you have mentally ill people like this.

To be fair I laugh at a majority of trans material but stuff like this rises to the top cause it's essentially theater. People I've talked to whether it be friends or simply ones I've come across while gaming who are gay hate being lumped together with trans people due to this garbage.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
You’re able to have custom faces in video games and a professional redesigned their face.

BeardGawd

Banned

We talked about this a bit in the cringe thread but I thought we could discuss it some more.

How can this be a thing? This isn't some half Korean guy who wants to look more Korean. This is a white guy who loves BTS.

Will "transracial" be adopted by the LGBT community? God I hope not. Its beyond ludicrous. It has no basis in science. I support trans people. I support the lgbt community at large but this is something else.
The is nothing inherently different between transrace and transgender. So why differentiate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom