• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Xbox Elite Series 2 controller spotted

Awesome controllers but they really need to step up the build quality. I've had 3 of these (1 series 1 and 2 series 2) and all of them have had issues e.g. bumpers double clicking or impressing and getting stuck to thumbsticks getting drift or not having the click in with full compression etc. They do get heavy use though.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Just imagine you spend that amount of money on a controller and still stick drift.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I've got the 20th anniv controller recently. Rubber grips are nice.
Dont see any need for elite controller.... only to have limited battery options

Banjo64

cumsessed
Just imagine you spend that amount of money on a controller and still stick drift.
That’s true but I think stick drift is the lesser concern with these. Sticky A buttons, broken bumpers and peeling rubber are rife. My first had a non-responsive A button out of the box, luckily the replacement has been good for a year and a half now.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Its funny, but unless I really need paddles, I prefer the standard controller over my S2.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I hope they work on QC.

Yeah.... I've had a couple issues with mine. The first one has better QC

Literally my RB button just stopped working for like the 4th time. The QC on these is shocking. Please be a 3rd revision with better switches for the bumpers. Love the pad but it's not acceptable having such a design flaw and then trying to charge like 85 pounds to get it repaired.

I'm still rocking my launch day elite series 1 without issues and have a series 2 still sealed in the box.

I love the white though. Might snag.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
What are you thinking paying that much for a controller? The point is its for serious gamers.

Panda S2 hopefully means the S3 is in the pipeline. The Panda S1 was released just before the S2 was announced.

QC on the S2 appears to be severely lacking or non-existent but if you get a good one it's a really good controller. Based on my own experiences I'll roll the dice again when the S3 releases assuming it's a proper evolution.
I have 2500+ hours on my S1 and had to replace the grips. The metal stick hats also ate the plastic posts so I had wobbly sticks which needed replacing. The S2 fixed both issues and I have well over 3000 hours on my S2 now with no drifting, in fact the sticks are still tighter than the sticks on my newer S controller or DS4. The shell still looks brand new as well. In comparison the joysticks on a skid-steer at work fell apart completely by 3500 hours and had to be replaced at $350/side.

Looking forward to the next one based on the Series controllers.

I am the same way, I only use my Elite style controllers in shooters for the paddles every other game I use the regular controller

I always map the click sticks to the top back buttons so the sticks last longer.

Any 1st or 3rd-person game with an air dash mechanic I map the dash, jump, crouch and melee/attack buttons to the paddles.

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
I hope it's a series 3, 2 would be pointless now......
I don't think that there is the need for that. The only difference between Xbox One and SS/X controllers is the share button (which you can map to whatever button you want in the Elite controller).

jaysius

Banned
Hopefully it's a Series 3, why even bother with another color variation? You won't be able to rip people off like they did with the Elite 2 Halo reissue, there aren't any fanatic white colored thing fans.

2 has issues, doesn't it? I might jump on one with 3, if it's better made. It would be nice to have some features from the DualSense like haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.

GenericUser

I want a real new elite controller, not some recolored old trash. I want to spend money, because I really miss the paddles on the xbox controller, but I won't pay for a several year old controller design. I think the D-Pad got much better with the series x controller and I want that as the basis for the new elite controller.

bighugeguns

I hope they use that new tech which makes analogue drift impossible, it's like a digital tracking thing instead of physical, I forgot what it is but it's commercially available already.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I haven’t had any issues with my series 1 or 2 besides losing pieces to my series 1 lol

What would be a decent alternative to the elite series 2? I love the feel of the elite controller in the hand. But after two bumper failures I feel aggrieved at shelling out another £160 to Microsoft.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
What would be a decent alternative to the elite series 2? I love the feel of the elite controller in the hand. But after two bumper failures I feel aggrieved at shelling out another £160 to Microsoft.
My favorite Xbox controller is the Razer Wolverine Ultimate but its wired

Hohenheim

Do you think this has improved build quality? Would be strange not to improve this when releasing a new version, considering all the faulty elite controllers out there.
Also, this probably means no elite 3 for at least a year, right?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Gimme Elite 3 with Hall Sticks and I will be first to buy it. It's premium device, there are cheaper gamepads with this technology, which basically cost peanuts. And I don't feel like buying aftermarket gamepad.

It cost same as those classic ones and not the mention those stick have same form factor: How Manufacturers Can Fix Joystick Drift - Permanently! - YouTube

Here is listing, this is for me "an Elite controller"
Amazon.com: GuliKit Hall Effect Sensing Joystick,No Deadzone,No Drifting,FPS Model Controller, KingKong 2 Pro Wireless Bluetooth Gamepad for Switch/Switch OLED/PC/Android/MacOS/IOS,APG Button/Dual Vibration-Black : Video Games

Sadly no Eggzbawk

And yes I am going to bitch about it everywhere, because I am sick of this anti-consumer bullshit.

Only half a year later, this is going to be released.
Reminded me about the new regular Series controllers.

They were on store shelfs and looted during riots over half a year before launch.
Why is that, that controller are at retailers so early, yet not being sold?

Top Bottom