• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the greater protector of Hyrule, Link or Zelda?

Cutty Flam

Banned
Going back from the events of Skyward Sword all the way to Breath of the Wild, is it split evenly between the two?

In TLoZ games, we may be biased because we play as Link

But Zelda has done a tremendous amount herself, much of her work being covert

Which character has done more to uphold and protect the land of Hyrule?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Neither. Ganon.

Ganon gave good paying jobs to a wide diverse variety of creatures throughout the land. His authoritarian regime held steady for 100 years in the Breath of the Wild game, and that's really impressive. It's hard to argue with those kinds of results. #GanonDidNothingWrong

Astral Dog

Mouses scare Zelda so much Ganon only needs to keep a few around Hyrule castle.

Zelda at best has only keep Ganon at bay for some years, but she can't even seal him without Links help, Sheik was useless too

Link because zelda generally gets captured or acts more like a guide in half the games whereas link actually does the dirty work. The only big exception i can think of is BotW with how she held off calamity ganon for 100 years and for however long i spent dicking around before finally beating the game.
She held off for a while against Zant's forces as well, even doing some fighting of her own it seems before finally throwing in the towel in the throne room. She also saved Midna's life. She was very much an action participant in a large portion of the battle against Ganon as well thanks to her light arrow archery.

Varteras

Gold Member
I mean considering Link has been absolutely essential for Zelda to be able to do her job and it has required a shit ton more of Link than it has her, I feel Link should get the credit here.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Ocarina of Time Zelda, because she coyly laughs and is adorbs even when my dumb ass literally can't say anything because of my crippling social anxiety/possible aspbergers. She's also into music and is very skilled at handling nuts. It's a no brainer.

It's both.

Link is the swordsman of legend empowered by the Triforce of courage who appears to stick a sword in the reincarnation of Demise time after time.

Zelda, who is always of royal descent, wields the Triforce of wisdom. She's responsible for supporting that role with magic and science typically learned from the Sheikah tribe who protect the royal family. Be it supplying lighting arrows, using magic to augment abilities, or in the case of BotW holding Calamity Ganon at bay for a century while Link healed then providing the tools Link needed to finish off the beast form of Ganon.

Without Zelda's aid Link would always fail, without Link's aid Zelda would not have the means to defeat Ganon alone. He is afterall the reincarnation of Demise, an incredibly powerful god who cannot be destroyed. On top of that he also wields the Triforce of power.

Last edited:
iu

kiphalfton

What drives Link and Mario? Is there ever some sort of explanation? Neither of them seem to have any sort of romantic relationship with Zelda or Peach, respectively. And no money seems to change hands to go through all this.

Sleepwalker

What drives Link and Mario? Is there ever some sort of explanation? Neither of them seem to have any sort of romantic relationship with Zelda or Peach, respectively. And no money seems to change hands to go through all this.
Mario gets plenty gold coins for stomping on shit and killing animals.

Link is just a cuck simp jealous of chad Ganon

Soodanim

Gold Member
I wonder if the king and queen know that shit is about to go down when a Zelda is born (her Hylia influence must brainwash her parents into naming her Zelda) or whether they’re always Zelda and we just play the ones where something actually happens.

kainslayer

Neo Member
Link obviously he does the hard work hacking and slashing and all the puzzles just like hunk in resident evil he eats monsters for breakfast

Link and that's why we should get to play as Zelda. Let her do some of the hard work! Poor Link give him a break

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ganondorf brought forth many reforms to Hyrule during his time of rule. The old King of Hyrule was bad and his daughter is no different. Link is a wild woodlands savage and is a threat to our lord and protector Ganondorf Dragmire.

Sakura

Isn't Hyrule usually in ruin by the time Link shows up and defeats Ganandorf? I'd say they both do a pretty bad job of protecting Hyrule.

Top Bottom