• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who knew that giving a female character feminine features would be so offensive.

Puscifer

She also looks like this in the game too. The only difference is, she has her helmet off and not making an aggressive facial expression.

xLg6ADwJoMdlEHBAaK-3gw.jpeg
FWIW this is the face model

iu

taizuke

I was going to start a new thread titled "When it comes to female characters, are we forgetting about the female gaze?", but i think this thread covers most of it. The reason for my thread was Suzi's (The Sphere Hunter) review on RE4R's Seperate Ways DLC. In the review, she's constantly gushing how attractive Ada is and who can blame her since Ada looks fucking hot in the remake. Even to the point where i think she'd bang Ada if she could.

My point is, women love to see attractive female characters too. And, most women in order to be polite, woud say MJ in SM 2 looks pretty. But, 9 times out of 10 would probably choose a more good looking/sexier female character over the average ones we're getting in western media.

And, don't get me wrong. I'm okay with female characters looking average and female characters being attractive/sexy. But, what i'm not a fan of is each extreme. The answer is in the middle. We can have both.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
How come nobody ever bitches about hot guys in video games?

It's objectively true and there's nothing dangerous about words.

There are ALOT of dangerous things about words. We are humans and we know words can lead to really bad things. To act otherwise is putting your head in the sand.

Top Bottom