• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are GTA online load times so bad on the ps5/XSX?

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I am satisfied with the upgrades they did with the single player campaign. GTA online seems just as broken as ever. My favorite thing to do in GTA 5 is pair up with some randoms and complete the missions. The last 3 times I tried to play, the load times give me flashbacks of playing on the 360. Enter a mission, 1 mins load or so, complete mission, load back out to the map can take 3 mins +? WTF? 3 mins + on a new console? I get over 300 meg connection and have no problems with any other game.

What is the hangup with it? Is it loading the map and all the players? Is it network? Hardware limitation? I thought surely they would have GTA online fixed up for the ps5/xsx versions but it's just as much as a mess as before.

ethomaz

Banned
Because it code is ancient.

Just praise for Rockstar update their engine for GTAVI.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This is not the behavior I experienced when checking out the PS5 version. The game is significantly faster than on the PS4. Any residual loading time is entirely up to the engine (which again, even in co-op, is leagues faster on PS5 than the PS4 for me).

Three

I am satisfied with the upgrades they did with the single player campaign. GTA online seems just as broken as ever. My favorite thing to do in GTA 5 is pair up with some randoms and complete the missions. The last 3 times I tried to play, the load times give me flashbacks of playing on the 360. Enter a mission, 1 mins load or so, complete mission, load back out to the map can take 3 mins +? WTF? 3 mins + on a new console? I get over 300 meg connection and have no problems with any other game.

What is the hangup with it? Is it loading the map and all the players? Is it network? Hardware limitation? I thought surely they would have GTA online fixed up for the ps5/xsx versions but it's just as much as a mess as before.
I haven't tried to play online but is the game crossplay? I'd imagine with strangers you could be waiting for PS4/Xbox one users in your lobby to finish loading anyway. The free GTA Online on PS5 should help though in migrating people over if PS5 stock improves.

Faithless83

Banned
Because it's the server and not the storage. Single player is fast, also it's not coded to take advantage of the storage, they likely just ported the PC version.

Top Bottom