• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Deep Down NEEDS To Make a Comeback

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ultimately, we are perfectly aware, of course, that the future of Deep Down looks murky at best. The developer has suggested a few times that the game isn't completely dead, but given the fact that they seem to be focusing on other things for now (and for the foreseeable future), and the fact that it's been ages since we heard or saw anything concrete about Deep Down, it doesn't seem like it is part of their plans for the coming years.

There's also the fact that Yoshinori Ono, who was leading the Deep Down project, recently departed from the company after a long and illustrious career, which puts the game's future into even further doubt. No, things don't look bright for Deep Down- but hopefully, some day, Capcom will decide to come back to the idea and let it out into the world so that it can realize its potential.

fallingdove

I always thought that the concept was too obscure. There was talk that the game took place in a New York like city but that you could shift into these dungeons where you fought monsters.

I don't think that everything will be wasted though. I assume that assets will be absorbed into Dragon's Dogma 2. There were a ton of reused Resident Evil and Devil May Cry animations and assets in the original.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Playing thorugh the DLC of Dragon's Dogma reminded me a lot of this "game".

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Fuck that. What I want is for these stupid nonexistent teases to not accompany new console hype again. This shit was stupid. It looked like it might be cool, was shown to hype the PS4 and then never came out. That is garbage.

Longcat

It wasnt even a gameplay, why should I miss something that was a Dungeon CGI?
There are gameplay videos, but to be honest it looked super boring. Making your way through narrow corridors until you get to a boss arena. I'd much prefer if they focus on Dragon's Dogma 2 instead.

Fake

L5se.gif

deep down you know it's dead

a sequel to one of the most boring games capcom ever made? no thanks, i hope they don't waste resources on this
Friend, I must heartily disagree. Perhaps you didn't learn that wolves hunt in packs thus your enjoyment was diminished.

It was nothing more than a sizzle-reel trailer that Sony used at the PS4 reveal event to create hype for the console. I doubt the "game"ever made it past concept stages before the team was told to create a vague but very effects-heavy trailer, just like Epic Games does when they showcase new Unreal Engine advancements.

Mista

Banned
Yeah let’s go and get excited for a CGI trailer from fucking years ago and act like the game offered something to justify the need for it and the wait.

Great Hair

Banned
4 player co-op? check
sick visuals? check
dragons? check
dungeon-crawler? check
dungeon-looter? check
procedural unlimited (but repetitive) content? check
sick game-play, in the same vein as souls games? check

A certain manufacturer of bad $200 gamepads would have released the game as a GAAS title! Deep Down had more going-for, interesting game-play than some garbage pirate game or flopped-roof-top-city-explorer the 3rd game with weak ass destruction.
its true truth GIF

MistBreeze

yes he mentioned dragon dogma many times now but they may incorporate some deep down concepts into it

itusunu is a a great director I trust him

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
We need to resurrect Panty Ray. This looked promising, seemed like they wanted to jump on the Souls-like train but a lot has changed since then, ultimately I have zero interest in something F2P anyway.

Kumomeme

We need to resurrect Panty Ray. This looked promising, seemed like they wanted to jump on the Souls-like train but a lot has changed since then, ultimately I have zero interest in something F2P anyway.
rumors said phanta rhei engine already rebranded, ressurected rise from ashes as RE Engine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom