• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do people send private stuff social media to strangers?

kingfey

Banned
I have kik, which I used specifically for gaming. After 1 year hatious, I come back to it having these live channels, and these weird bots.

Now I am getting bots messing me all day, and weird females sending me their private pictures.

5 days ago, I get this message from this random girl, who says her boyfriend cheated on her. She legitimately sent me her naked picture. A total stranger, asking if she wants to spend some time. She might be real, she might be a bot. I don't know.

I am just surprised that people are very comfortable with these stuff.

I primarily don't bother myself with these stuff. It's either gaming, work, school, or browsing gaming forums or football.

Am I out of touch with this generation?

There is also the live feed section, where people video what they do live.
Its very weird world out there.

and weird females sending me their private pictures.
6014f190965a87b63c2741949ac1ccf3.gif

Most women don't care as long as their faces are covered. It won't come back to them.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
GAF is where I talk the most about myself. I wouldn't be able to handle real folksI know. My social media scene is barren.

I would have liked that option. It would have added some mystery.

Sadly, that is lost at this age. None of them bothered with the old bait.
That's some major balls on them to let it all hang out (pun intended). Imagine if one of those photos ends up at their workplace or parent's phone, they'll be in a world of pain and financial difficulty.

kingfey

Banned
That's some major balls on them to let it all hang out (pun intended). Imagine if one of those photos ends up at their workplace or parent's phone, they'll be in a world of pain and financial difficulty.
This is something I don't understand. What If I was one of their coworker?

Its really scary thought. Imagine one day you are working with this girl, and she sends you those explicit images, thinking you are someone else.

I am glad I dont use social media alot.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
5 days ago, I get this message from this random girl, who says her boyfriend cheated on her. She legitimately sent me her naked picture. A total stranger, asking if she wants to spend some time. She might be real, she might be a bot. I don't know.
That's a bot dude.

kingfey

Banned
That's a bot dude.
It seems so.
What girl would use social media, when their boyfriends cheats on them? Unless some people use that, due to Shockwave.

So far, I just deleted her message, and other people who kept messaging me those images.

Star-Lord

It seems so. What girl would use social media, when their boyfriends cheats on them?
A lot of women, after a break-up, turn to social media and use it as if it were a dating site. TikTok, in particular, is full of thirsty women looking for attention to boost their confidence after their relationship ended. Before this, it was Twitter. Before that, it was MySpace. This is nothing new.

Mistake

I tried using kik once. It’s a go to app for scammers and bots now. Don’t use it.

I should add that Telegram will be the next most likely target, as it has no option to stop randos from messaging you. To reduce risk, don’t comment in public groups or channels

Last edited:
Top Bottom