• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

why do so many people hate quantum break ?

Because people have their own opinions. Quantum Break was unironically my 2nd favorite game of last gen but everybody's opinion of every game will be different. I also think it being Xbox exclusive hurt as many people who had only a PS4 couldn't play it so would trash it even though they never played it

Patrick S.

Banned
It's an awesome game. Littlefinger really stole the show.

Don't buy on MS PC store because they took the TV show segments down. Steam release still has them.

lukilladog

Combat looked silly to me and the performance on pc was awful, so I didnt even bother. Control is even worse, with the added lifeless, dull, repetitive, boring location. Never finished max payne games Nor alan wake, overrated studio.

Last edited:
I'm downloading it now since this is the first time I've ever heard anything slightly positive about it. Control is probably my third favorite game of last gen after RDR2 and TLoU2 even though it took me three attempts to get past the boring opening sections.

The Stig

wow. this game passed me by. had no idea it existed.

just watched the intro and wow, im intrigued. Just bought it for $5.89 off cdkeys.com

BabyYoda

Banned
i started playing this game and i think im at almost 50% and the game is awsome , the only things that i didnt like was at the beginning when the game took the control away from you too often and going throught tight spaces felt like an eternity but other than that nothing , the story was great , the gameplay is satisfying , i really liked the fact that the AI wasnt braindead like in most games these days

the enemies actually move and try to flank you , dodge bullets , the skills that you have are pretty cool , the characters are interesting , the level design/verticality could have been a little more complex but still it was good enough

everytime i heard people talking about quantum break was only about negative things and i didnt play it because of that
A lot of it was fanboyism methinks and people riding the negativity surrounding the XBone at the time. The game was class.

Havoc2049

I really enjoyed Quantum Break. I got the steel book launch edition. I enjoyed the live action cut scenes and felt it made the game very unique. The graphics, exploration and combat were all solid. I even own the novel, Quantum Break: Zero State.

i22212530w800h465.jpg

samoilaaa

The rewriting of history when it comes to games like the order, ryse or this one is always fascinating to watch.
the order was good also for what it was , a tech demo , i dont even consider it a game , its a movie where you push some buttons from time to time , but the story , graphics and atmosphere were amazing

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I don't think it's particularly hated? But because it was an Xbox One exclusive many haven't played it, so it's not widely loved either. And those who have played it and Control seem to generally (but of course not universally) agree that Control is better.

Edit: And yeah, the weird TV show stuff. That was back when Xbox was all "TV TV TV", nobody liked that.

Last edited:

samoilaaa

QB was better than Control.
i dunno man for me i like control a little more because of the level design and combat , the combat was really more fluid and just spectacular , the story was a little hard to understand but in the end it was decent

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Part of the reason was that there was a lot of hate surrounding the Xbox brand at the time, although games like QB and sunset overdrive are not prefect, the media and fanboys really capitalised on the negativity surrounding the Xbox brand.

GymWolf

the order was good also for what it was , a tech demo , i dont even consider it a game , its a movie where you push some buttons from time to time , but the story , graphics and atmosphere were amazing
Story was whatever and with some plotholes, not really a good sign for a 5 hours game mostly based on his story.
Characters were as deep as a puddle.

Atmosphere was great yeah, best thing about the game for sure.

Graphic was amazing, but it had so much shit on screen between low res, black bars, super aggressive film grain and blur etc., I recently re-played this thing like 4 months ago and in a 4k c1 oled it looks like absolute shit IQ wise, very unpleasant for a guy like me who usually disable all that shit on pc or console (when they give you the option).

Gunplay was surprisingly good imo, weighty, punchier, some good ragdoll and gore and the weapons felt very different from each other, too bad there was zero challenge even on hard, shitty enemy variety and some of the worst boss fights ever.

A sequel on way more capable hands would be interesting, ready at dawn never was a top tier dev anyway.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Best Remedy game and I played them all. Love its time travel story.
R.09ddc166b0d1ca79c4650c10e77927c0

R.41972515df002dc9bc804834d8d2c7f7

Loved the game, one of the few I maxed the achievements for.
Was pretty easy though. First play through pick only left story next time only right lol.
I liked it. Same with with Ryse 🤷‍♂️
Ryse was also good be having only three enemies killed the emersion.

But was definetely also a game I enjoyed. I'm a sucker for stuff like the romans and ancient Greece.

I think it was the TV stuff and then ppl made a big deal out of "720p" being the rendering resolution... doesn't change the fact that it was one of the best looking games to release the year it came out.

proandrad

Every. Single. Post.

It's all a conspiracy to keep Xbox down!!!@
I haven’t been a fan of some of Sony’s anti-consumer decisions lately. But cheerleading for a corporation like Microsoft is insane. Microsoft has always been willing to lose money in the short term because their goal is to monopolize any business they get into. Look up history if you want to see how great Microsoft is once they control a market.

drganon

I haven’t been a fan of some of Sony’s anti-consumer decisions lately. But cheerleading for a corporation like Microsoft is insane. Microsoft has always been willing to lose money in the short term because their goal is to monopolize any business they get into. Look up history if you want to see how great Microsoft is once they control a market.
What do you mean, windows is great. /s

Saiyan-Rox

I hated the real life stuff in-between I know why it's there I just hated it.

Also the whole game feels like theres a layer of Vaseline over the whole screen

Aion002

The gameplay is great, but too short.

The story is boring, but too long.

I would love a horde mode, just pure combat.... It would be great.

Thankfully Control has that.

Top Bottom