• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do streamers call everyone kids?

Kerotan

This is the cringiest trend this generation. I play warzone and watch some warzone streamers from time to time. All these 15, 16 and 17 year old virgin's calling everyone they fight against kids.

"Kid's on me"

"Omg these kids are so bad"

"Kids over there"

The worst is the older streamers in their 30's. You sound like a dirty pedo. Stfu. And half the time the teenagers saying this shit are fighting "kids" older then them. I've played with a few warzone players who talked like that and I rolled my eyeballs.

I know I'm getting old but this trend needs to stop.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
This is the cringiest trend this generation. I play warzone and watch some warzone streamers from time to time. All these 15, 16 and 17 year old virgin's calling everyone they fight against kids.

"Kid's on me"

"Kids over there"

The worst is the older streamers in their 30's. You sound like a dirty pedo. Stfu. And half the time the teenagers saying this shit are fighting "kids" older then them. I've played with a few warzone players who talked like that and I rolled my eyeballs.

Silence, kid!

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
I can imagine because they know their fanbase are essentially kids...

stop watching streamers and play videogames for yourself, stupid kid.

Also the weekend is over, why are we still getting threads like this?!

Here here, lets have some parlimentary procedure up in here.

RPSleon

"Kid's on me"

"Kids over there"

If they call everyone kids then they feel better about being bad at the game and dying to them.

Imagine watching CoD streamers in 2022.

Last time I watched CoD streams was when they had exclusive showcase of Blackout. I remember one of those streamers unironically rationalizing not editing his own videos with "I don't have enough time in the day: I wake up, go to gym, then I have to make my own smoothie..."
This milk-fed mommy's boy straight-faced tried to make it sound like he's on the grind.

Of course it's cringe klondike, man. You get what you signed up for.

If the cringe is not crushing enough you can always switch to Fortnite streams.

Last edited:

Kerotan

I can imagine because they know their fanbase are essentially kids...

stop watching streamers and play videogames for yourself, stupid kid.

Also the weekend is over, why are we still getting threads like this?!
I'm in Poland with my gf on holidays. She's off getting her hair done and I'm stuck with her granny who speaks no English. Neogaf is my sanctuary right now.
None of the streamers i watch use this word.
Same here. I make it my business to not watch them again. It's so creepy.

But it annoys me when playing warzone and my team mates say it. Thankfully none of my regular friends do.

anthony2690

Banned
I'm in Poland with my gf on holidays. She's off getting her hair done and I'm stuck with her granny who speaks no English. Neogaf is my sanctuary right now.

Same here. I make it my business to not watch them again. It's so creepy.

But it annoys me when playing warzone and my team mates say it. Thankfully none of my regular friends do.
ach, ten biedny dzieciak

killatopak

Gold Member
Probably their userbase.

I know streamers can see a breakdown of the age of users they have. The ones I watch have an average age of 28 and they don't call their audience kids.

Last edited:

dezzy8

I think it’s a super toxic trait in gamers these days. I make fun of my online friends everytime I hear them call someone in league of legends a kid. I don’t get it though.

ahtlas7

Descargar Freak Out GIF

kids!

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

None of the streamers i watch use this word.
Ditto.

I only watch 4-5 of the same streamers, and that's really it. But absolutely not of them have said kid or kids referring to someone in chat or anyone in-game. Maybe you've realized the streamers you once enjoyed watching at one point annoy you now? Lol.

Not really heard 'kids' much.
But I would rather hear something like that than the wall of expletives that I hear from most children online.
Perhaps it's a way for streamers to check themselves to have one word to fall back on

Stop watching other people play games

Never understood this

Also I'm pretty sure the majority of people who watch streamers are kids.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Video Games are heavily criticized. They’re made for everyone, but it’s easy to pass it off as a childish hobby. You can debate both sides and people don’t consider one over the other. Their immediate thought is that it’s childish and only children have time to play games.

It’s stupid. It’s true that kids play online, but so do adults and young adults. The knee jerk reaction to video games is the kid on Xbox Live or something. I always thought it was a comment made out of humor, uncertainty, or discouragement.

When you consider this $208 billion dollar industry, where it’s all over the place, and not just one single way to play games. There’s anything and everything out there. The demographic for video games is whoever buys them. You could be a fan when you’re 8 or 80.

You watch other people play videogames? Why? I seriously don't get it.

And people you don't even know. And it's not even live - they just recorded themselves playing a videogame and you sit there watching it for hours?

Kids....

Last edited:

nikos

A friend and I also noticed this and found it to be weird. A lot of these streamers are in their early 20s though, so they were just kids themselves.

We usually refer to other players as "guys" or specific expletives.

Kerotan

A friend and I also noticed this and found it to be weird. A lot of these streamers are in their early 20s though, so they were just kids themselves.

We usually refer to other players as "guys" or specific expletives.
Exactly. My friends age range From 20 to 50. What we'd say Vs these streamers or wannabe streamers.

1. "There's kids over there."

Vs

"Team over there"

2. "Kid on me"

Vs

"1 on me"

3. "These kids are trash"

Vs

"They we're trash"

Basically this obsession with all these teenagers and virgin's in their 20's calling everybody kids stems from their own insecurities on wanting to be considered adults themselves and not kid's.

But there was one streamer, he must have been in his 30's calling everyone kids and it just came across as creepy.

HTK

Banned
I try not to invest too much emotion or care into what each generation does. I'm sure there are things from my generation that annoyed the hell out of older folks.

What I find more annoying is my older friends acting like they are those kids. lol

Last edited:
Probably because they aren't allowed to call them "F^#$%@#" or "N&$$%@#" like everyone else used to 0-15+ years ago...

Plus who wastes time or effort on streamers or the next generation. I've learnt that similar to generations before us and those after; we're all different. Ours (relative to each of us) is the best generation, the rest of them are trash and idiotic.

I'd guess that millennial streamers are stuck in this situation where most of their audience are like ten years younger because that's who watches streams. Once you hit 30 you do just start calling anyone much younger a kid, lol

Edit: I misread the OP lol well if it's some like fortnite streamer calling the other children kids that's kinda obnoxious yeah

Last edited:
Top Bottom