• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why does everyone hate Star Ocean: Till The End of Time?

Shouta

I get the complaints about the story but the characters and gameplay system complaints (well, except for duckroll's floaty complaint) elude me. The game is such an improvement over in a SO2 in a lot of areas

My biggest complaint with the story is that there's not enough exposition, postulation, or setup for the plot twist. I like the twist because it's gutsy but they don't do much with it beyond just having it in there.

Jiggy37 said:
Before, I kind of knew the plot twist but not entirely, and I was simply indifferent to SO3.
But after hearing this I do actively hate it, since apparently all the awesomeness that was SO2 doesn't matter. :mad:
Talk about trashing one's own series.

Awesomeness that was SO2? The story? It was AWFUL. I mean, SO3's plot twist is pretty "What the fuck" but SO2's is like by the books dreadful. What saves the game are the highly amusing characters.

GamerSoul

I actually looked up this game awhile back. It seemed interesting, cool looking characters and stuff, but the Tales of series got me first, so i'm stuck to that.

GamerSoul said:
I actually looked up this game awhile back. It seemed interesting, cool looking characters and stuff, but the Tales of series got me first, so i'm stuck to that.

You only play RPGs if they are in the Tales series?

I want your autograph.

GamerSoul

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
You only play RPGs if they are in the Tales series?

Nope. I'm into ARPGs mostly though.

I just liked Tales style of play better than SO. I know they're kinda similar due to their origins, but I enjoy the Tales of series more. The Multiplayer aspect was one of the big reasons why I chose it.

Top Bottom