• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why don't people who hate 30fps get a PC already

PhaseJump

Banned
PC gaming can be more console-like than ever with the variety of front end choices, and the SteamOS 3 game mode UI is a game changer in that regard if you're talking about Steam Deck, or whatever future "console" Valve might make.

Consoles themselves are just limited, budget options. More complex than ever to navigate and set up. Limited ecosystems. The console and PC platform standards are overlapping underneath the middleware that all the games are built on, and half of the console warriors that drag out 10-20 year old arguments don't even see it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
But don't you want to spend 2 thousand dollars to have MUCH better graphics which you need to zoom in to see the difference ? :p
Sounds like you could use some glasses.

I'm talking from experience.

As my vision got worse without noticing it, 1080p started to look blurry, and then 1440p was sharp as hell.

1440p became the new 1080p, and I really thought it was blurry shit.

Now after getting glasses the differences are clear as day and night.

You'd probably see huge differences as well if you got your eyes checked.

Filben

My understanding is many already have.

Some games aren't on PC though, so your only option to play them is on console and when there's no performance/60fps mode, people complain.

Also, I think it's people want options. 60fps isn't easy to achieve on PC, too, at +1440p and ultra details and even more difficult on a 500 EUR console. But devs could always implement lower resolutions and less visual effects to increase fps but it's an added work load for developers and some people are pissed they don't go that extra mile and only offer 30fps.

In a perfect world I'd have the console-convenient interface and environment with the options of a PC :)

Oh I fucking HATE this level of arrogance and entitlement. PC jackasses think the world revolves around them.

OK, here is why people don't just "get a PC"
1. They're considerably more expensive than most. As of today a competent PC costs around $1000 to build. That is considerably more expensive than a $500 console OR a $300 XSS.
2. They're intimidating. Its easy for PC jackasses who have years of experience to run games effectively who know what they're doing, but someone who is a novice its not so clear cut and dry
3. People don't want to deal with things like driver updates/maintenance.
4. You know that when you put in a disc and/or download a game it will work and be playable (Cyberpunk on last gen is a rare exception). That reason alone drives people to consoles.
5. Troubleshooting is a PAIN in the ass. A PC is Great when it runs and works, but the second you get crashes, blue screens it can become a nightmare real quick and most solutions require more than just googling.

Realize the world doesn't revolve around you. A PC isn't very difficult to use, but there is a learning curve.
I like this comment despite myself been playing 90% on PC for the last 20 years.

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned
Sounds like you could use some glasses.

I'm talking from experience.

As my vision got worse without noticing it, 1080p started to look blurry, and then 1440p was sharp as hell.

1440p became the new 1080p, and I really thought it was blurry shit.

Now after getting glasses the differences are clear as day and night.

You'd probably see huge differences as well if you got your eyes checked.

He can't afford to get his eyes checked. He spent all his money on PC hardware that he despises, and PS5 consoles he keeps needlessly pitching as a better choice in PC gaming threads.

Guilty_AI

He can't afford to get his eyes checked. He spent all his money on PC hardware that he despises, and PS5 consoles he keeps needlessly pitching as a better choice in PC gaming threads.
He has no time to do that either since all his free time is spent updating drivers and dealing with anxiety attacks caused by being unable to pick between high and ultra settings.

Last edited:

JackSparr0w

Banned
Has he ever mentioned that he is bipolar or something like that? The dude is not alright for sure.

Last edited:

Dynasty8

This is categorically false, especially for shooting games. Trying to aim competently with a controller in an FPS/TPS is like cutting off your hand, duct taping a gun to your bleeding nub, and wondering why the hell you can't shoot.

...or did I just feed the troll?

Been playing shooters since the original Wolfenstein and Doom...was addicted to Counter Strike back in the day.... While I admit mouse is better for aiming, I absolutely hate using keyboard for movement. Highly prefer controller overall and I end up performing much better at games because of it.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
But don't you want to spend 2 thousand dollars to have MUCH better graphics which you need to zoom in to see the difference ? :p
I dunno man, 2000 dollaridoos (scam price but whatever) still sounds like a good deal to me, since by getting a console you'll probably also be paying for your online fees, 70$ games and additions to the console like getting additional storage.

Also... need to zoom in to see the difference? This goes for this topic and every other: making yourself look retarded is not a cool way of having a discussion. It's fine if you don't like PC gaming or if some nerd from the PC club harassed you on high school or whatever, but please try to post actual arguments and not made up shit.

And yeah I could post a few comparisons from DF and other places but honestly, I'm not gonna bother. You can look them up yourself if you really care and, if you not, me and many people would be grateful if you could just fuck off from any PC related thread, since it's obvious you have nothing worth of saying.

Guilty_AI

Mac gamers watching PC vs console arguments be like: "🤣🤣🤣"
adV73MZ_460s.jpg

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I was wondering if you would end up in this thread with your 2000$ PC narrative.

My dude, just because someone scammed you for that much to buy shit you don't need, it doesn't mean everyone else is nearly as naive.
Nobody scammed me man.
I got everything at nice MSRP.
Maybe you are the looser who spent 2 grand for a graphics card.
I got my 3080fe for 700 msrp and even sold free games that came with it....
I didn't say anything controversial. It is a fact

Hunnybun

Because Sony don't release their games on PC quickly. And it's apparently random. If it were just a one year delay or whatever, then that'd be something. But there's no sign of, TLOU2, say coming and that's 2 years old already.

And since most of the best looking games are from Sony first party, then it seems stupid to get a powerful PC to play uglier games but at higher settings.

Then there's the exorbitant cost. And the shortage of graphics cards making the cost much worse.

And from the bits I hear, playing on a PC is still pretty temperamental - it wouldn't be like just sticking a more expensive console next to my TV and off you go.

So it's just not very tempting right now. If Sony ever properly commit and release consistently shortly after launch, and Microsoft get their first party working, THEN I'll probably look into getting one and swallowing the cost and other issues. Until then, it's a bad deal.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Been playing shooters since the original Wolfenstein and Doom...was addicted to Counter Strike back in the day.... While I admit mouse is better for aiming, I absolutely hate using keyboard for movement. Highly prefer controller overall and I end up performing much better at games because of it.
Out of curiosity.

What do you hate by using keyboard?

And why do you find handicapping your aim being justified by a left thumb stick?

Out of curiosity.

What do you hate by using keyboard?

And why do you find handicapping your aim being justified by a left thumb stick?
I know you're asking someone else, but for me, WASD is NOT ergonomic, and not all that intuitive. (Second issue can be fixed with practice; first issue, probably not so much.)

I'm primarily a PC player (don't even own an Xbox or Playstation console from the past two generations) and play shooters with dual analog on PC. Oh well 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Try working 8 to 10 hours a day in a desk and using the same environment for gaming right after... Sure it makes you wish you could just sit at the distance and relax when playing, I literally learned to aim with controller just so I could play from the couch
1- 🤦‍♂️
2- Respect for you that play every shooter without aim assists.
Same here, people seem to forget that PC offers a lot more than consoles than just better graphics.
Forget? They don't even know and talk out their asses.
Respect for you too that play shooters without any assists.

Y'all are arguing in circles.

Yes, more choice and more features, an open multi-purpose (not just gaming) platform, and much higher performance, is going to cost more. Water is wet, the sky is blue. News at 11.

That being said, as far as preferring console in the context of the OP's question, the only valid arguments are:
- Complete lack of Nintendo exclusives and lack of day 1 Sony exclusives
- Financial/cost being outside of the person's budget

Every single other argument, without exception, is invalid and can be debunked easily.

Mithos

Yeah, nice try.

At least i'm sure as hell not the loser who spent 200 for a useless PC case and other useless shit to add up to that mythical 2000 you are paying.
Not even difficult to get to $/€2000 if you need to buy all parts and live somewhere where its not cheap.
And I do not even have a really great GPU as you can see below.

My components when I bought and built my current PC in Dec 2019 / Jan 2020.

Code:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X                        - 4090sek - 389,50usd
Gigabyte x570 Auros Elite                - 2340sek - 222,84usd
Aorus RGB DDR4 2x8GB 3200mhz cl16        - 1240sek - 118,09usd
Fractal Design Meshify C Dark Temp Glass -  999sek -  95,14usd
be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4                 -  990sek -  94,28usd
Kingston A2000 250GB nvme                -  499sek -  47,52usd
Kingston A2000 1TB nvme                  - 1449sek - 142,75usd
Nvidia 2060 Super FE                     - 4800sek - 457,11usd
Corsair RM750 80+ Gold                   - 1190sek - 113,32usd
-
Cablemod Modflex C-series RMi/RMx kit    -  649sek -  61,80usd
Fractal Design Prisma AL-12 A-RGB PWM    -  279sek -  26,56usd
Fractal Design Prisma AL-14 A-RGB PWM    -  309sek -  29,42usd

Price: 19143sek -> 1822,90usd

Now ofc not completely accurate, you'd have to find the sek <-> usd for dec2019/jan2020 to get more accurate usd price, but it's probably close enough.

Last edited:

JackSparr0w

Banned
Not even difficult to get to $/€2000 if you need to buy all parts and live somewhere where its not cheap.

Code:
be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4                 -  990sek -  94,28usd
-

Now ofc not completely accurate, you'd have to find the sek <-> usd for dec2019/jan2020 to get more accurate usd price, but it's probably close enough.
I don't mean to shit on your build but you spent $150 on fancy fans and cables, $200 extra on a 3800x instead of a 3600, $122 extra on x570 instead of b450, $100 on a CPU cooler.

That's $550 you could have instantly saved without a performance compromise. I'm sure you bought these things because you wanted to and there is nothing wrong with that but that's not how someone spends their money if they want the best performance per dollar.

The best part about these threads is that somehow people still believe that building a PC requires a degree in science.

30 or 60 fps isn’t even a discussion. More is better.

Literal children can do it. PC building these days is no more complex than building a Lego set.

The other thing I never hear people talking about is that consoles can cause a fuckton of issues as well. System updates that brick your system (and without an easy way to backup or recover your data), system updates that remove features from your console, title updates that completely fuck up some games (I remember having to google a way to get into the Xbox 360 cache menu, reset it, redownload all my games's title updates, except Red Dead Redemption because the last update broke the Undead Nightmare DLC), hardware issues (RROD, BLOD, YLOD), etc.

This idea that consoles are completely plug and play and that PC's are a troubleshooting nightmare is way overblown. Both can happen, but usually they don't. Most of my consoles work just fine, and most of my PC's have and continue to work fine. Over the last decade, almost all new games that I've installed on my PC work flawlessly, Xbox controllers work automatically, most drivers are installed and updated automatically, and I can count the cases where I've had to google something to fix a game on one hand. You don't even have to build a PC, as there are plenty of affordable pre-builds. If you can plug in some cables into a console you can also do it for a PC.

Now installing and playing decades-old games on a new PC, yes, that can cause issues. But for the most part, that isn't even an option on most consoles. Even the Xbox BC selection, although nice, is still a relatively tiny list.

mckmas8808

Banned
Oh I am. Just waiting for the next batch of GPUs.

In saying that, if the consoles have the power to output 60/120 well, why not provide the option? Why be limited? Consumers should demand choice.

You could "CHOOSE" to not buy the game that doesn't have a 60fps mode right?

nkarafo

Code:
                 -  990sek -  94,28usd
-

The idea is that you can get a decent PC, with plenty more power than current gen consoles, with less than 1300.

You don't need such expensive CPU to have a build that's better than current consoles. You can easily shave off 100$ off that and still get a great CPU, much better than what current gen consoles have.

You don't need 2x nvme drives. -47$ more.

You don't need such expensive mobo. More that 150$ for one is excessive. That's a -70$ from that.

You don't need more than 50$ for a PC case. -45$ more.

That CPU fan is also too expensive. I got mine for 45$ and it served my PC for 8+ years awesomely. That's another 50$ save.

Also, what's up with all these super expensive fans? Are you really going to spend 80$+ for extra fans? Why? You don't even need half. Save 50$ more from that.

And what exactly is that "Cablemod Modflex C-series RMi/RMx kit"? That's 60$+ down the drain.

Also, a 2060 for 450$+ Pretty sure you can now get a 3060 for as much. But if you want a 2060, you can easily shave off another 100$.

So yes. You can pay 1800 if you want more fancy stuff. Or 2000 if you want even more fancy stuff. Or 3000 while you are at it. You can spend as much if you really want. But if you want something good enough that does the job without all the extra fluff, useless RGB, etc, you don't need more than 1300-1400$. And that's without sacrifices in quality/temps/noise reduction. You can go even lower than that if you are willing to sacrifice some things but i think we are more than good at around 1300.

Last edited:

yamaci17

The idea is that you can get a decent PC, with plenty more power than current gen consoles, with less than 1300.

You don't need such expensive CPU to have a build that's better than current consoles. You can easily shave off 100$ off that and still get a great CPU, much better than what current gen consoles have.

You don't need 2x nvme drives. -47$ more.

You don't need such expensive mobo. More that 150$ for one is excessive. That's a -70$ from that.

You don't need more than 50$ for a PC case. -45$ more.

That CPU fan is also too expensive. I got mine for 45$ and it served my PC for 8+ years awesomely. That's another 50$ save.

Also, what's up with all these super expensive fans? Are you really going to spend 80$+ for extra fans? Why? You don't even need half. Save 50$ more from that.

And what exactly is that "Cablemod Modflex C-series RMi/RMx kit"? That's 60$+ down the drain.

Also, a 2060 for 450$+ Pretty sure you can now get a 3060 for as much. But if you want a 2060, you can easily shave off another 100$.
bro, their arguments will never end. its a moot point to discuss at one point

say there's a hypothetical PC that matches the console performance at console price: then they will use the "drivers, crashes, settings, too much hassle etc. etc.". such PCs existed, you could easily built a budget 1050ti rig in 2016 for 350-400 bucks, nearly the price of a PS4 that matches the PS4 performance

then, if you build a PC that costs two times but also has two times performance (like a gtx 970 i5 4460 build or a potential 5600x-rtx 4070 build), then they will say "noooo it does not provide two times fidelity, i dont care about two times framerates or other benefits PC brings noooo"

so, it will never end. simply never end. they will always have a counterpoint for whatever you bring up.

they will also most likely push you to get a 8 core CPU there, bcoz "muh consoles have 8 cores" while ignoring that 5600x decimates the 3700x and 3700x will never EVER be able to catch up with a 5600x.

they will conveniently ignore that and try to squueze out a 5800x for their build bcoz "muh consoles have 8 cores." then they will ignore the request to add a 3700x because they also know that it has "bad" IPC and single thread perfrmance, but cant admit that console found on CPUs is even worse than tha

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Posting my build for reference:
Corsair Carbide 275Q USB 3.0 (The box) - 85€
Corsair RM750 750W 80 Plus Gold Full Modular (Power supply) - 115€
Seagate BarraCuda 3.5" 1TB SATA3 (Porn and Mame ROMs storage) - 35€
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD NVMe M.2 (Gotta go fast) - 110€
Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo (I paid for some LEDs I'll never get to see) - 42€
Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 3200Mhz PC-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16 (RAM) - 81€
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC (Motherboard) - 190€
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8GHz (CPU) - 480€
Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC 8GB GDDR6 (GPU) - 550€
About 1.688€ total. Got a bit on the expensive side, specially with the CPU so I guess you could substract some from there and probably build a pretty good PC for 1200$.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Oh I fucking HATE this level of arrogance and entitlement. PC jackasses think the world revolves around them.

OK, here is why people don't just "get a PC"
1. They're considerably more expensive than most. As of today a competent PC costs around $1000 to build. That is considerably more expensive than a $500 console OR a $300 XSS.
2. They're intimidating. Its easy for PC jackasses who have years of experience to run games effectively who know what they're doing, but someone who is a novice its not so clear cut and dry
3. People don't want to deal with things like driver updates/maintenance.
4. You know that when you put in a disc and/or download a game it will work and be playable (Cyberpunk on last gen is a rare exception). That reason alone drives people to consoles.
5. Troubleshooting is a PAIN in the ass. A PC is Great when it runs and works, but the second you get crashes, blue screens it can become a nightmare real quick and most solutions require more than just googling.

Realize the world doesn't revolve around you. A PC isn't very difficult to use, but there is a learning curve.
jurassic park deal with it GIF

nkarafo

Come on people. 1200$ will buy you a good build if you know what you are doing. Sure, if you can spend 1200, you will probably spend 200-300 more for some extra fluff. Nothing wrong with that, but when it comes to this discussion about PC perf Vs consoles, anything above that price range is arguing in bad faith. Keep it real.

yamaci17

Posting my build for reference:

About 1.688€ total. Got a bit on the expensive side, specially with the CPU so I guess you could substract some from there and probably build a pretty good PC for 1200$.
i also made calculations and my 2700x+3070 rig costs 1400 bucks. if i swap my cpu with a 5600x it costs around 1600 bucks

i'd say it is fairly decent, could've been better though. considering the vast experiences it provided me, i'm happy that i chose the PC route. it has been good to experience ray tracing to its potential in recent games at 4k+dlss performance, image quality was fantastic. with no ray tracing, 4k+dlss quality provides a hefty performance boost over native 4k with minimal hit to image quality and improvements in certain aspects

had great deals on epic/steam, built a nice library that will probably last me years lol. game pass is also a good, from time to time i explore games there

we made some comparisons with a friend of mine that bought a ps5, and not surprisingly, his total money spent on games were vastly much more than mine. mind you, we're very similar in terms of taste and we both play a lot of games so there's that. paying yearly fees to ps plus also helps with that i guess. but lets conveniently not talk about that

Last edited:

Mithos

1. I don't mean to shit on your build but you spent $150 on fancy fans and cables, $200 extra on a 3800x instead of a 3600, $122 extra on x570 instead of b450, $100 on a CPU cooler.

2. That's $550 you could have instantly saved without a performance compromise. I'm sure you bought these things because you wanted to and there is nothing wrong with that but that's not how someone spends their money if they want the best performance per dollar.

1. The way I use a PC those extra cores is needed*. But then someone say should have gotten the 3700x instead and saved money, sure could have, and saved €20 (yeah it was only €20 difference because the 3800x was on sale at that moment) but I would have lost out on extra free €60 software that came with the 3800x and not the 3700x

2. I guess. And then instead of buying a 12x00K CPU/MOBO combo you can buy a 9x00k or a 10x00k CPU/MOBO combo, and save money too.

* Web-browser always up multiple tabs, discord, sometimes OBS for streaming to friends because discord streaming sucks and cost money for better quality, hell sometimes I play multiple games at the same time, I mean its a PC that allow you to do things like this unlike consoles.

2. You don't need 2x nvme drives. -47$ more.

3. You don't need such expensive mobo. More that 150$ for one is excessive. That's a -70$ from that.

4. You don't need more than 50$ for a PC case. -45$ more.

5. That CPU fan is also too expensive. I got mine for 45$ and it served my PC for 8+ years awesomely. That's another 50$ save.

6. Also, what's up with all these super expensive fans? Are you really going to spend 80$+ for extra fans? Why? You don't even need half. Save 50$ more from that.

7. And what exactly is that "Cablemod Modflex C-series RMi/RMx kit"? That's 60$+ down the drain.

8. Also, a 2060 for 450$+ Pretty sure you can now get a 3060 for as much. But if you want a 2060, you can easily shave off another 100$.

So yes. You can pay 1800 if you want more fancy stuff. Or 2000 if you want even more fancy stuff. Or 3000 while you are at it. You can spend as much if you really want. But if you want something good enough that does the job without all the extra fluff, useless RGB, etc, you don't need more than 1300-1400$. And that's without sacrifices in quality/temps/noise reduction. You can go even lower than that if you are willing to sacrifice some things but i think we are more than good at around 1300.

I'd think I'd never buy that equal to console PC sadly, its not enough for PC games and what they need/want 1-2 years later (hell I wanted to upgrade my GPU as soon as the 3x00 series released).
Well maybe... If SteamOS is really ending up being great on a PC beyond Steam Deck it could be a nice one (Windows bloating sucks).

1. True, but is there really people around that just ONLY buy a PC to be better then a current console, instead of buying a PC that's a great PC?

2. You're right I don't need 2 nvmes, I already have 3 because the 1TB is filled to 90%+ already (added a 2tb extra). The 250 was supposed to be a pure OS drive (but a lot of software save shit on the c: drive auto and is non changeable**), and kinda regret not making it a 512GB because I'm sub 10% free on that drive.

** Maybe If I were to setup that anything saved in My Documents folders was physically on a second drive (the way you can spec your /home folder on Linux to be a separate drive/partition it would help a lot)

The drive space is sadly because I can not download a 100gb game in minutes when I want to play it I need to plan ahead (hours or the day before) and keep many games locally stored, so space need to be large.

3. Was one of the cheapest x570's back then, and sure could have save some on a b450, but most didnt have bios flashback, and those who did was still €170-180 at the time (old stuff should be cheaper then that), so getting a x570 that was done/worked out of the box was convenient.

4. Well you don't need a case at all (if you wanted), just place the component on the wall. €0 for the case.

5. But it keeps the CPU super cool and do not make any noise while doing it, also any new CPU in the future also no need to get a new or better cooler.

6. Was supposed to be having a 3080 ish level gpu so wanted more airflow so more fans, true not needed with the 2060 super, had the price hiking of the 3x00 series cards not happened that's what would have been in the PC now.

7. Yeah cables was just for easier and better looking cable management, 1000% better than the crap that came with the PSU.

8. Yeah but I didn't buy my computer now I bought it in dec2019/jan 2020, I would have bought a 3060 then if it existed and was €450 no questions asked.

Sadly (or is it) buying the rgb version of a mobo/fan etc can actually save you money because there are more of them and stores sometime have to lower the price below the non rgb stuff to move it.

Price is part of the equation.. a 3060 GPU by itself being €450 should be better the a ps5/xsx, anything else would be embarrassing, it's just we can probably never agree on how much better it should be.

Also. my first computer ever a 286@12Mhz was also €2000 back in the day, yikes!

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
my system is about as powerful as a PS5 and it was 1200 dollars...
and let's be real, a PS5 really isn't that much cheaper

radewagon

If 30fps was fine, then bloodborne wouldn't be the Sony exclusive that PC players want MOST to come to PC over GOW and TLOU
Wanting better performance doesn't mean that the 30fps isn't fine. The fact that Bloodborne is one of the best regarded games regardless of its spotty performance, however, does show that the framerate is more than acceptable for a majority of gamers.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yeah, nice try.

At least i'm sure as hell not the loser who spent 200 for a useless PC case and other useless shit to add up to that mythical 2000 you are paying.
What is so mythical about spending 2k for a pc lol? What’s the big deal.
That’s normal price

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Ps5 is 400. That’s much cheaper.
And 1200 usd pc is a lot of cut backs. It’s a great pc for that price but everything is cut down a bit.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I dunno man, 2000 dollaridoos (scam price but whatever) still sounds like a good deal to me, since by getting a console you'll probably also be paying for your online fees, 70$ games and additions to the console like getting additional storage.

Also... need to zoom in to see the difference? This goes for this topic and every other: making yourself look retarded is not a cool way of having a discussion. It's fine if you don't like PC gaming or if some nerd from the PC club harassed you on high school or whatever, but please try to post actual arguments and not made up shit.

And yeah I could post a few comparisons from DF and other places but honestly, I'm not gonna bother. You can look them up yourself if you really care and, if you not, me and many people would be grateful if you could just fuck off from any PC related thread, since it's obvious you have nothing worth of saying.
The only thing retarded here is your lack of basic understanding here.
I’ve posted my pcpartpicker list many times. 2k usd was perfectly normal price for it. Even more.
Then, what’s so controversial I post?
Is 2k not more than 400 bucks? Am I missing something?
Sure games look better on pc but the degree to what they do is debatable at best. And consoles got some wins over pc too aside from price.

I might be a dumb ass for spending too much money on pc but why not? I like having good pc and I use it every day. Not as much as I should for this much money but so what? I can game on both systems perfectly fine and it seems I am the only one not having any problem with that.

Especially idiots pulling my tongue for 2k usd price. Really? That is not much for a top of the line pc. Maybe it would be in 2012.

Gpu 700
CPU 300
Cooling 70
Case 200
2 nvme (only pcie3.0 at the time) 300
X570 (sinc b450 didn’t work well) 200
Ram 150
Be quiet fans total 70
Psu 150

What am I missing?
Mouse 150
Keyboard 150

Not counting monitor or speakers and headphones because cmon.
I also got some rgb and stuff afterwards since nobody want to spend a lot of money and hide it under the desk. I love my pc!!!

And all of these stuff is not top of the top.
Cheapest fucking aorus elite x570 mobo.
Cheapest 3080fe for 700
Cheapest 3200mhz Hyperx ram
Only 3700x and nothing better
Air cooling. Not even water cooling.
Case is p600s from phanteks. Top of the line here.

So wtf is so impossible for my pc to cost over 2k usd in 2019 msrp?

I didn’t want to cheap out and built a good pc. Sue me. Wtf

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Let's do some basic math here.

The PS5 can be had for $400. Your system is $1200. The PS5 costs literally 1/3 the cost of your system. Most people would consider $400 to be significantly cheaper than $1200.

I didn't think anyone would top the "PC building is so easy a toddler could do it" But yours managed to do it.

Congrats.

TintoConCasera

Mouse 150
Keyboard 150
Not reading the rest of your post, don't ever quote me ever again.

And if you are interested, I wrote down my build some posts ago. That's an actual real build, and not some made up shit.

And just so you know, conversation was never about your PC, it was about this post of yours saying that PCs seem to cost 2000$ by default and offer little to no gains over console, which is obviously bullshit.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
pc gamers have to accept that consoles offer more CxB than PCs, it’s just a fact.
Sure, you must value those high end framerates, resolutions and settings, I mean, you do you. But in the end, the games you’re playing are the same console gamers are playing and on console the experience is optimized for that machine.
Most people are fine with either 30 or 60fps.
Those with 120Hz screens are having a new 40fps mode available for them.
It is what it is, people.
You won’t convince console players that they should pay 3x more for a pc just to get high end settings and framerate because in the end, this doesn’t aggregate a lot of value to these people.
Be happy that you paid what you paid for your pc and play with whatever setting you want to but stop being smug about it and trying to justify your purchase. Be happy with your investment.

Top Bottom