• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why hasn't Sony remastered Bloodborne?

Because its coming soon with the announcement of bloodborne II by bluepoint games. There will be a PS5 version of bloodborne at 4k smooth 60fps with barely any loading thanks to ssd.

Last edited:
I was just thinking that with the crazy success Elden Ring has had, Sony might think about making a Bloodbourne remaster sooner rather than later. And with Demons Souls moderate success, why not do a quick(ish) cash grab and make a remaster? OR maybe they wait for the PS6 and do a full remake.

Either way, I don't see any way they get From to make an exclusive PS game again. From has gotten too big. *Maybe* if Sony allows them to do a day one PC release then they'd go for it. But even then, they'd be losing millions in sales from an Xbox version. You're right; Sony would have to throw a ton of money at them.

This just sounds like what you’re hoping doesn’t happen.

Doesn’t matter how big Fromsoftware is, they are still a small developer thats part of a larger company, which sony has shares in. If sony want an exclusive game they can get it, just like tehy did for final fantasy. The vast majority of copies of elden ring sold on playstations and pc.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I feel like it releasing on PC would make more sense considering Playstation's recent track record of porting games to PC, especially some of their biggest AAA titles on PS4. But it IS weird that there hasn't been a PS5 patch or anything for it to improve performance there either.

TagZ

Didn't XboxEra or something like that, say there's a rumour of the remaster already complete and Sony is sitting on it?

Why haven’t they remade Future Cop LAPD? Or Hogs of War, Warhawk, SOCOM…

Not every game will or needs to be remastered or remade and I don’t see why Bloodborne needs to be remastered or remade over anything else.

luffie

I think initially Sony didn't think it was worth it.

Sure it sells a lot, but by all metrics, it is still niche and not blockbuster sales. Then ds3 and Sekiro were also similar, but Elden Ring might have opened their eyes.

The thing is, they can only probably do a remaster or a Bluepoint remake. With Elden Ring's success, it is very unlikely From will want to make BB2. Why make a game for others when you can make a successful ip for yourself?

And no one will play a bb2 not made by From.

FrankWza

Doesn’t matter how big Fromsoftware is, they are still a small developer thats part of a larger company, which sony has shares in. If sony want an exclusive game they can get it, just like tehy did for final fantasy. The vast majority of copies of elden ring sold on playstations and pc.
According to him, From won’t take anyone’s calls at Sony. They are calling and nobody will answer or return their calls.
Eddie Murphy GIF by Coming to America

Doubt it. You don't think Sony has tried to pony up for a Bloodborne 2 after its success and the success of Dark Souls 3 and most recently the success of Demons Souls? Of course Sony wants From to make Bloodborne 2. From just isn't returning Sony's calls. It would take a lot of money to secure an exclusive from From now. Maybe if Sony would allow From to release day and date on PC they would go for it. But you KNOW Sony isn't going to allow Boodborne 2 to release day one on PC. The PC version would outsell the PS5 version and Sony would flip their shit.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I used to care then Elden Ring happened. Now I want Bloodborne two in an open world with a jump button and an undead horse.

Lognor

Banned

Millions of copies sold on Xbox. No, Sony cannot demand a game from From. That's not how this works. From is not going to do exclusives for Sony. No money in it for them. Keep dreaming though!

MH3M3D

Enough remakes and remasters and rehashes already. They should just focus on Bloodborne 2.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The same one that remade DeS despite that game only selling a smidge over 1m?

You think Sony is happy with Demon Souls Remake sales numbers?

I don't.

Plus, let's be real. Growing a studio to become self sufficient by feeding them "water treading" projects makes a lot of sense. Now that Bluepoint is fully operational, they shouldn't be given projects with such low ceilings.

AND ANOTHER THING!

If 3 million is the barometer to greenlight remakes then Sony should just turn into a remake company considering how many of their games have sold 3+ million.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Millions of copies sold on Xbox. No, Sony cannot demand a game from From. That's not how this works. From is not going to do exclusives for Sony. No money in it for them. Keep dreaming though!
Wait. You’re saying that From finally answered Sonys call? Did they hang up or put them on the Do Not Call list?

SonicJams

I just played this (and beat it, yay) for the first time 3 weeks ago and i dont see why it would need a remaster at all. The graphics were already great. Didnt notice and frame rate drops on the ps5 as well.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
You think Sony is happy with Demon Souls Remake sales numbers?

I don't.

I think if they were unhappy with the numbers they'd have price-cut by now. Yes it's been on sale a few times but then so has Returnal, and they were happy enough with that to buy Housemarque.

As to remaking/remastering/re-issuing Bloodborne. Why wouldn't FROM be interested? I mean its still up there as one of their most beloved titles so keeping the IP fresh is most definitely of benefit to them and their reputation. The obvious observation is that they wouldn't want anything to distract from Elden Ring for the time being.

Demons' had a good reason to be released when it did (platform launch) and combined with the inclusion of BB as part of the PS+ collection FROM should be pretty happy with their partnership with Sony. Something happening down the line strikes me as inevitable.

Moses85

Maybe they dont give a fuck what their fans want?

This is Sonys "Nintendo moment"

Because Ninty always give a shit about their fans.

MH3M3D

Without From's involvement, I don't have much hope for a great Bloodborne sequel.
I think Demons Souls is evidence that other devs can make a soulsborne game. Maybe it wont be as spectacular as Elden Ring, but it will be enough to keep fans happy.

Lognor

Banned
I think Demons Souls is evidence that other devs can make a soulsborne game. Maybe it wont be as spectacular as Elden Ring, but it will be enough to keep fans happy.
How is that good evidence? They remade a game that From made. And still a lot of people hated the changes they made. Not sure that makes the case you think it does.

I don't know about a full remaster for a game that's only one gen behind. They could work on a 60fps update though, it's probably possible right?
60fps patch and option to disable chromatic aberration is all it really needs.

1440p or higher on top of that would be appreciated though.

Last edited:

iHaunter

With Elden Ring being out, I kind of don't care about BB anymore. To me BB was my favorite From game next to Demon's Souls, but now Elden Ring has taken the mantel. If would buy it if there was a remaster, but I'm no longer clamoring for it.

Last edited:

MH3M3D

How is that good evidence? They remade a game that From made. And still a lot of people hated the changes they made. Not sure that makes the case you think it does.

I think its the best remake for a game ever made. I have no doubt they have the talent to pull off a Bloodborne 2 on their own. Either way its speculation, we wont know for sure until they try.

Top Bottom