• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is Nier Automata PC so damn expensive?

ToTTenTranz

Banned
I've always been curious about the game but couldn't get around to playing it on a console, but now with the Steam Deck I was willing to buy it to play on the go.

But damn.. the game is from 2017 and the cheapest it's ever been on the PC is 20€? The cheapest I can find right now is 40€?!
Isn't Nier Replicant supposed to be a more modern sequel? That one is often found substantially cheaper than Automata.

What's up with this game? It isn't a live service game with tons of content. It's a single player game that takes ~20 hours to beat. Why is it so expensive or rather, why didn't it ever go lower than 20€ despite being a 5 year-old title?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Isn't Nier Replicant supposed to be a more modern sequel?
Nier Replicant is remaster/upgrade version original game on PS3.
46623_256x297.jpg

Last edited:

Sentenza

It's 12 bucks here right now:

EDIT - Nevermind. out of stock.

Last edited:

Graciaus

If I had to guess the game probably still sells decent so they don't need to drop the price. It's worth it I got almost 39 hours out of it.

PhoenixTank

It's a single player game that takes ~20 hours to beat
Well Yes But Actually No GIF by walter_

Last sale was 6 months ago which is a bit odd. It is a cult classic, and maybe they don't want to undermine price of the Switch port that is out early next month.

As mentioned above, Automata is the sequel to Replicant. It does run better than Automata but the gameplay shows its age and is a product of its era.
Maybe it'll get a sale around the time the anime is due?

Last edited:

Skifi28

maxresdefault.jpg

One of the greatest sexually titillating character designs in the history of gaming. Credit to Akihiko Yoshida he is a master at it.
That's not even the default clothing. Yeah, you see thighs and even panties if you really try adjusting angles. If that's sex, then I have a story about bees and flowers to tell you.

That's not even the default clothing. Yeah, you see thighs and even panties if you really try adjusting angles. If that's sex, then I have a story about bees and flowers to tell you.
Isn't there an easter egg where she'll put her hands on her backside to stop that from happening?

Scrollhjul

Neo Member
It's Squeenix we're talking about, they really don't like discounting their games over 50%. I mean, just go to their Steam page and check for yourself, the only games with a significant discount is trash like Left Alive and Balan Wonderworld.

GHG

Gold Member

It seems like the key stores that were selling it for cheap ran out a few months ago.

To be fair this is a game I'd say is 100% worth it at current prices. One of the GOATs.

Last edited:

SScorpio

The Switch version is coming out in two weeks. They seemed to have stopped PC discounts after announcing the new version. After it's been released we'll see if the sales start up again.

I mean everything is regular price except when it's on sale. I'm not sure what OP's complaint is here. Has he ever been to a grocery store in his life?

Top Bottom