• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is no one talking about Indika?

Hugare

Aka the best "crazy girl that hear voices" game that you'll play this year /jk

I'm making this thread 'cause it's baffling how overlooked this game is right now

Watched a video yesterday about it and it seemed so good. Bought the game, played some and so far, the hype has been justified: gorgeous graphics, amazing cutscene direction and interesting concepts with some excellent voice acting

TXR0zoC.jpeg

So, what's Indika? It's an AA game made by a russian indie studio about a "black sheep" nun that is hated by every other nun at the monastery 'cause she hears the voice of a man from inside her that makes her question her religion

A bit of trivia: 10 of the 14 developers had to escape Russia in order to finish the game 'cause they would be persecuted due to its themes. Shows how much they wanted to tackle this subject in the game, since they've gone this far to finish it without compromise.

So, how's the game? It's awesome

It mixes 2D sections like these:

sXtszsW.jpeg

mlji9i6.jpeg

With 3rd person puzzle solving (for 90% of the time) like this

fayRvix.jpeg

BS6QaDl.jpeg

The world design is amazing, looking very realistic at times but "Limbo-like" in others, with structures that dont make sense in terms of size giving the game a very surreal vibe

Oh and there's a "prey" button, that I wont spoil anything, but the mechanic is pretty clever and results in some really good puzzles

If you are tired of samey games, seriously, give this game a chance, GAF. It's crazy unique and really good.

$22.5 at Steam right now

Video review from one of the best reviewers on Youtube (imo)

Last edited:

Hugare

There was a thread a few days ago.
The only thread that I found was one from March about the release date, that some people used to comment about the game after it got released. But it was hardly the spotlight that the game deserved, imo.

Guilty_AI

i saw it before, but the more i looked into it, the more i felt it was one of those games that are weird and meta just for the sake of being weird and meta.

Hugare

The concept and aesthetics look cool but I'm so burnt on "cool weird indie game idea with bare bones gameplay because art" right now.

Put it on the wishlist though.
i saw it before, but the more i looked into it, the more i felt it was one of those games that are weird and meta just for the sake of being weird and meta.
It's certainly not a Devil May Cry V in terms of gameplay, but not a Vanish of Ethan Carther/Everybody's Gone to Rapture either

It's an "experience" game for sure, but the presentation is so good and unique, and the gameplay is interesting enough to keep me interested.

I'm also not a fan of "walking simulators", but I wouldnt call this as one

Last edited:

Bojji

It looks like a decent game:

qofco9p.jpeg

Russian devs and Polish publishers... that's some strange collaboration (devs even escaped Russia).

Hugare

It looks like a decent game:

qofco9p.jpeg

Russian devs and Polish publishers... that's some strange collaboration (devs even escaped Russia).
It's very unique. Unlike anything out there.

I loved how it tackled the theme of religion. Cant remember of a game that went this deep into criticising some stuff.

And yeah, they had to escape Russia 'cause it's a very religious country and they were targeting the orthodox church with this one.

IAmRei

My neighbor once named indika, and my intern also called dika, and my sis son is called dika as well. I heard everywhere. Pretty much norm names here ... Umm sorry...

Anyway, the game 2d section looks good. Not sure qbout the 3D section.

And also I'm pretty much religious guy, i dont think i will touch this game :|

Bartski

Gold Member
After the steam fest demo I know I'm gonna play it at some point. It just released on the Xbox, and everything about it screams gamepass. With this one I can wait a bit longer

xrnzaaas

It's a much more niche release than something like Plague Tale. Plus a lot of people instantly walk away after hearing the game has any walking sim elements.

I'll be playing on the console, probably not from day1 though since I have System Shock Remake and Songs of Conquest coming up.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I just watch some streamer play and I almost fall asleep .

Guess I'll wait for a price drop to try it then

This is primarily a console board, and it's not out on consoles yet. On top of that, it's neither a major release in a popular genre by a well-known developer or publisher, nor is it likely to have enough of an impact in terms of sales or ratings to be used as console war ammo.

tommib

This is primarily a console board, and it's not out on consoles yet. On top of that, it's neither a major release in a popular genre by a well-known developer or publisher, nor is it likely to have enough of an impact in terms of sales or ratings to be used as console war ammo.
Why say something so controversial yet so brave.

Top Bottom