• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is Ubisoft practically the only game company updating their games for PS5 / Series X?

Weird thing is that they fixed Assassin's Creed Syndicate on the PS5 just last month, it being one of like 4 PS4 games that was unplayable on the PS5, but they didn't add a 60fps mode or increase the resolution.

There are also endless games that still HAVENT BEEN PATCHED!

RDR2
MAFIA REMAKE/Mafia 2 remaster/Mafia 3
Dishonored 2/Death of the Outsider
Far Cry 4/Far Cry Primal/New Dawn/Far Cry 3 "classic"/Blood dragon "classic"
Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
Driveclub
Bloodborne
The Order 1886
Divinity original sin 1 and 2
Pillars of eternity 1 and 2
Wasteland 3
Ryse son of rome
Sunset overdrive
Dead rising 3
Quantum break
Gears 1 ultimate
Gears 4 (only 1080p/60 with Xbox one s graphics)
Assassins Creed 3 remastered
AC ezio collection
AC Unity/AC syndicate (unplayable on ps5)
Ghost Recon wildcards
Watch Dogs 1 and 2
Forza Horizon 3

There's a lot I'm forgetting too I'm sure

Damn I skimmed your post and saw a list with gems like Ryse and Dead Rising 3 and Wasteland 3 and thought I’d missed some amazing next gen patch news 😆😔

DaGwaphics

Honestly, I'd say if any one specific company has done a brilliant job in this area it is Capcom. Their updates tend to go beyond the bare minimum.

Fallout 76 is even weirder because it's still receiving content updates yet they can't spare time to unlock FPS for it.
FO4 is getting a native current gen version with 60fps support sometime this year for both PS5 and XSX.

If they really do plan to keep supporting 76 got another 5 years at a minimum (well 4 now) then they really need to get a current-gen version out too. It's essentially the same engine as FO4, it shouldn't be a herculean task to do it, and with Fallout 5 likely not coming until 2030 at the earliest they really have no reason not to.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Oh yeah, 60fps will for sure make people that didn't bought 7 year old game till now reconsider and pull the plug on a game that's selling for peanuts by now. Such a missed opportunity for those publisher...

Publisher already did more than enough for old ports. It's time to focus on new games that actually make sense for them and for the majority of the public.

JCK75

363vYc6.jpg

Tazzu

some on your list don't take FPS boost on Xbox into account and some are outdated.
the PS5 back compat version of Syndicate was patched recently for example.
Starting playing it after it got patched and it's a really great game too. 60 fps and 4k would make this game absolutely shine.

Mahavastu

Prime example: Arkham Knight. How can it not be a priority to get one of the arguably best looking games of last gen running at 60fps on PS5 in order to hopefully sell some more copies. There’s probably some cost/profit analysis behind it but it’s sort of a head scratcher.
Bad example:
everyone with PS5 and PS+ got that game for free, so the additional sales would probably not be that high for this special game.

But I understand you. The missing high res/60fps are the main reason why I do not played this game. Somehow every small detail in that game is flickering, and the PS5 should be "fast enough"to get that game to a high enough resolution to avoid this flickering. Everyone is praising the graphics, but I never could stand the flickering 🙄

Last edited:
I imagine part of it is because of their sub service. Going forward those games will run smoother on this gen and next. They want the sub to get as much good word of mouth as possible.

coffinbirth

im still waiting for 60fps fallout 4.

PHHHIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
It got a FPS Boost patch, my friend.
Problem is, it drops the One X 4K patch back down to 1080p.
Fortunately, there is a solution for 4K 60FPS via mods.

norm9

They still need to update Ghost Recon Wildlands. Weird that all their other games get an update. It's still playable, but a boost would be nice.

I think it’s crazy some publishers don’t update them. Yeah, it’s probably not just flicking a switch but it can’t involve that much effort as long as there’s a PC version running at 60fps.

Prime example: Arkham Knight. How can it not be a priority to get one of the arguably best looking games of last gen running at 60fps on PS5 in order to hopefully sell some more copies. There’s probably some cost/profit analysis behind it but it’s sort of a head scratcher.

Edit: Oh and RDR2, goes without saying. That one is even wierder because the game is without a doubt still selling pretty well.
I think basically all PC games released in the last 10 years can be run at 60fps. It's a pretty standard mode.

Top Bottom